The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Broken Arrow? Interesting. It was also the first R-rated movie I ever went to see. :lol:

Small world. I still remember being excited that was the first R-rated movie I saw in theaters.

This is a bit of an odd release for LLL all though not surprising considering the era.

Congrats to those who wanted this score, I will be skipping on it since I've never been a fan of Zimmer's music.

It's not odd at all. After Bad Boys, I knew they'd get to Zimmer eventually. Although from one of his recent posts, all the Zimmer they tried to release were owned by WB and they wouldn't budge. It's great they finally got one out.

There's surprisingly little Zimmer I want expanded really. I listened to a few tracks on Spotify and it didn't really hit anything.

Even The Rock which I really like, has a great OST arrangement, and I ditched the full score - it was just too much.

In fact the only Zimmer I'd buy instantly is Gladiator.

There's surprisingly little Zimmer I want expanded really. I listened to a few tracks on Spotify and it didn't really hit anything.

Even The Rock which I really like, has a great OST arrangement, and I ditched the full score - it was just too much.

In fact the only Zimmer I'd buy instantly is Gladiator.

I pretty much agree, but in cases like Pirates Of The Caribbean, too much good music was left off. Zimmer is one of the best album producers out there. Also with cases like Black Rain and Rain Man, the soundtracks are dominated by songs. I'd love those fully expanded (well, not anymore in the case of Rain Man).

I don't think it's that unlikely. Some of Menken's scores have gotten expanded treatments, and hasn't Intrada released some Disney stuff? Still, I won't be holding my breath.

Intrada has released live action Disney, never animated. And when has Menken gotten an expanded treatment?

Aladdin.

Work tape, demo and master recordings of cut songs have been released in several formats, notably on the 1994 The Music Behind the Magic box set[7], the 2004 special edition soundtrack and the 2004 DVD release of the film[9].

From Wikipedia

---

Beauty and the Beast got a special edition with added tracks, though mostly songs. That's what most people want from Disney movies anyways. We're the weirdos that want the background music.

But all I want is the complete score of TLK and B&B. My true holy grail. Not any expansion with only one or two cue plus some unnecessary songs or work tapes. Who need a work tapes or demo anyway? I own the music behind the magic box, but I simply combine the two score cue into my mp4.

Fellas don't expect any expanded scores from any animated Disney shows any time soon. Roger has posted before saying that Disney won't budge on those as they (they meaning Disney) have ZERO interest in releasing expanded scores from their animated films.

As much as most of us would love to have a few of their animated films in complete form for the scores it's not gonna happen. Not unless Disney themselves releases it but even that is unlikely.

Very, very strange stance for Disney. For a company so hell bent on profit, what can they possibly lose by allowing a few thousand fans to get some rare scores, and get a pristine digital copy of the music in return?

I can only assume there's some factor either Roger or Disney isn't mentioning.

I guess that means no legit release of Mulan then... :(

There is an Academy "For Your Consideration" Promo. It's not a CD-R but it does not have a booklet, just a clear Jewel case with artwork on the back and on the CD.

For Crimson Tide or Broken Arrow?

Sorry I meant Crimson Tide.

I'd say about 20 minutes.

Whoa, thanks Koray. Then someone please bring on an expanded release in the near future. ;)

Well the live action stuff is obvious and it seems Disney doesn't care if that gets released. I'm not sure why they're being ass hats regarding their animated films. I'd love to have complete scores for stuff like Bambi, The Lion King, Aladdin, etc...

Crimson Tide = Touchstone = owned by Disney = unlikely

D'oh! Oh well :(

Hmmm what about Black Rain & Days of Thunder for future releases? These two movies are from Paramount. ;)

Black Rain is a good possibility. It all depends on Broken Arrow though. If MV truly got it complete and chronological, he has accomplished a difficult task. Zimmer's music production is the complete opposite of that. So if LLL can do it, it gives me hope for future Zimmer scores.

I wouldn't expect Days Of Thunder anytime soon. Zimmer hates it and doesn't want it released. He's quite adamant about expanding his work, much like JW.

There's always an exception to the rule. Intrada seem to be pretty good at getting live action Disney out.

Intrada has been able to release scores owned by Disney that never had an OST in the first place (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Journey Of Natty Gann, etc). But they haven't been able to expand on an score that did have an OST (which is a bummer for someone like me who really wants The Rocketeer expanded), and they haven't been able to do any animation at all - expanded or premiere.

I wish all studios made things as easy as Fox does!

There's always an exception to the rule. Intrada seem to be pretty good at getting live action Disney out.

Intrada has been able to release scores owned by Disney that never had an OST in the first place (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Journey Of Natty Gann, etc). But they haven't been able to expand on an score that did have an OST (which is a bummer for someone like me who really wants The Rocketeer expanded), and they haven't been able to do any animation at all - expanded or premiere.

I wish all studios made things as easy as Fox does!

And Paramount too. ;)

It's a shame regarding The Rocketeer. I would love an expanded release as well. :(

I'm still hoping Intrada or one of the other companies can do a RETURN TO OZ expanded or complete. It is live action disney, and a cult film that Disney doesn't totally embrace due to it's bad theatrical run. And even though it has had a CD release before, it was from a small label and has been out of print for a very, very, very long time. I know most of the best stuff was on that album but this is just one of those scores I can't ever get enough of.

Intrada has been able to release scores owned by Disney that never had an OST in the first place (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Journey Of Natty Gann, etc). But they haven't been able to expand on an score that did have an OST (which is a bummer for someone like me who really wants The Rocketeer expanded)

Wasn't Night Crossing an expansion?

I'm still hoping Intrada or one of the other companies can do a RETURN TO OZ expanded or complete. It is live action disney, and a cult film that Disney doesn't totally embrace due to it's bad theatrical run. And even though it has had a CD release before, it was from a small label and has been out of print for a very, very, very long time. I know most of the best stuff was on that album but this is just one of those scores I can't ever get enough of.

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE Dick Tracy.

Of course a thread was posted about Barry's King Kong expanded as well at the same time as the Elfman POTA thread so in reading MV's comments one could assume that's coming too.

Track list for the new releases, plus a new sale, and new titles going OOP

BROKEN ARROW: LIMITED EDITION

BROKEN ARROW: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET) LLLCD 1164

Music by Hans Zimmer

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING FEB. 15th

RETAIL PRICE $24.98

ORDER "BROKEN ARROW: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET)" FEB. 15th at www.lalalandrecords.com

Presenting the remastered and expanded 2CD-SET of renowned composer Hans Zimmer's (INCEPTION, SHERLOCK HOLMES, THELMA & LOUISE, BLACK RAIN, RAIN MAN) score to the 1996 Twentieth Century Fox hit actioner BROKEN ARROW, starring John Travolta, Christian Slater and Samantha Mathis and directed by John Woo. Zimmer's breakneck electronic, Morricone-tinged score not only propels the film's considerable action mayhem, but it also effectively buoys director Woo's trademark themes of honor, friendship and betrayal, essentially creating a highly-charged emotional subtext for the movie's fast-paced tale of hijacked nuclear weapons. Famed guitarist Duane Eddy performs the guitar licks on what would become one of the score's iconic themes. Produced by Nick Redman, restored by Mike Matessino and mastered by Daniel Hersch, this special release of BROKEN ARROW features more than 30 minutes of previously unreleased score. Additionally, three suites from the original soundtrack release are presented as BONUS TRACKS and the CD booklet features exclusive, in-depth liner notes from film music writer Al Kaplan. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc ONE:

1. Rope-A-Dope (5:04)

2. The Bomber (2:31)

3. Going To War/Fire In A Brooklyn Theater* (6:30)

4. The Pentagon (Unused)* (1:16)

5. The Search/Broken Arrow (2:42)

6. Desert Dawn (3:40)

7. Day Search (1:28)

8. Right Down There (3:26)

9. Something's Coming (3:50)

10. 10,000 Years* (2:15)

11. Humvee Chase (4:54)

12. Mine Shaft 1 (1:53)

13. Mine Shaft 2* (15:49)

RUNNING TIME DISC ONE: 55:18

Disc TWO:

1. Big Bang (2:15)

2. Butterflies (1:57)

3. The Boat/Stowaway* (3:27)

4. Breaking Orders* (2:18)

5. Eat A Bullet (2:15)

6. Hammerhead* (17:04)

7. Nuke Disarmed (End Credits) (7:40)

BONUS TRACKS:

8. Brothers (Original Album Version) (7:07)

9. Mine (Original Album Version)* (5:43)

10. Nuke (Original Album Version) (10:52)

RUNNING TIME DISC TWO: 60:38

Total Running Time : 115:56

* Contains music "Fire in a Brooklyn Theater" composed by Randy Edelman from the film Come See The Paradise

YESTERDAY WAS A LIE: LIMITED EDITION

YESTERDAY WAS A LIE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1163

Music by Kristopher Carter

With Songs Performed by Chase Masterson

Limited Edition of 1000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING FEB. 15th

RETAIL PRICE $15.98

ORDER "YESTERDAY WAS A LIE: LIMITED EDITION" FEB. 15th at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Kristopher Carter, writer/director James Kerwin and star Chase Masterson. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

Presenting the original soundtrack to the acclaimed motion picture YESTERDAY WAS A LIE, starring Kipleigh Brown, Chase Masterson, John Newton, Mik Scriba and Peter Mayhew, written and directed by James Kerwin. Composer Kristopher Carter is renowned for his work with his Dynamic Music Partners team, who together composed the scores to the BEN 10 TV SERIES, BATMAN BEYOND, BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD, YOUNG JUSTICE, and TEEN TITANS among others. Here, Carter fashions a sumptuously dark musical atmosphere for this inventive noir, perfectly complementing the film's unique cocktail of intrigue, thrills, and earth-shattering cosmological secrets. Cast member Chase Masterson brings heat to the spellbinding sonic mix with scorching vocal performances on the title song, as well as "He Won't Forget You." Also featured is "City Talks," performed by Simon Shapiro. Produced by Kristopher Carter and James Kerwin, and mastered by James Nelson, this limited edition release features liner notes comments from writer/director James Kerwin. This is a Limited Edition of 1000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Dream Time (5:08)

2. Nice Set (3:12)

3. Half-Deserted Streets (1:22)

4. Cat State (0:59)

5. Trauma Creates Ripples (3:22)

6. Yesterday Was a Lie (2:16) Performed by Chase Masterson

7. Achromatopsia (2:43)

8. Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air (1:42) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach

9. Backdoor Research (1:33)

10. 6.626 x 10^-34 (3:56)

11. Ajna (1:51)

12. Fenestra Aeternitatis (2:24)

13. Synchronicity (1:32)

14. Aker (5:09)

15. Distillation (4:12)

16. Getting a Message Through (2:04)

17. Why Do You Keep Coming Back Here? (3:25)

18. Where Do You Start? (4:36) Performed by Chase Masterson

19. He Won't Forget You (4:35) Performed by Chase Masterson feat. Simon Shapiro

20. Anima in an Elevator (2:28)

Bonus Tracks

21. Can You Help Me? (1:31) (deleted segment from "Aker" - not included in motion picture)

22. City Talks (4:21) Performed by Simon Shapiro

Total Time (65:22)

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS

LA-LA LAND.COM SPECIALS:

"FEBRUARY $19.98 ACTION SALE!!!" Close out February with a bang! These 2CD-SET limited edition titles are only $19.98 each at www.lalalandrecords.com : INDEPENDENCE DAY, ALIEN RESURRECTION and THE FLASH. Sale price starts 2/15/11 at 1pm (PST) and is good thru 2/28/11. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

GOING OUT OF PRINT – MARCH 9, 2011

HANG 'EM HIGH / THE AVIATOR (less than 100 remain)

NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER (less than 200 remain)

I hate to be the guy holding the watermelon, but after listening to some clips of Broken Arrow on Youtube I can honestly say I get nothing out of it, not too interesting to me at least. It's cool that Zimmer's got his 2nd expanded release though!