Jay

"Pandora" may sound synth but the others definitely are not...listen to them closely people.

So they're even more pointless, since everyone already has them...oooops, call the Fox lawyers.

It's beyond me why they couldn't at least release some real nuggets like earlier versions of key pieces or this INTO NAV'I WORLD cue from the homepage. Even i would buy this, but so...

Hey look, a complete cue list

1m1 You Don't Dream In Cryo (6:10)

1m4 Quaritch Speech (1:53)

1m5 First Look (1:43)

1m5 Unused (1:46)

2m0 Unused (0:32)

2m1 Avatar Legs (0:48)

2m1Jake Enters His Avatar World (5:56)

2m2 Into the Na'Vi World (0:55)

2m2 Into the Na'Vi World (cd mix) (1:32)

2m2 Unused Orig Demo (1:46)

2m2 Unused Redo (1:37)

2m3a Exploring (3:08)

2m3b Thanator Chase (2:08)

3m1 Excerpt (0:44)

3m1 Pure Spirits of The Forest (4:12)

3m1 Pure Spirits of The Forest (cd mix) (8:49)

3m1 Viperwolves (3:23)

3m2 Jake Meets the Na'Vi (10:50)

3m3 Na'Vi Hometree Chants (0:43)

3m3 Unused (1:08)

3m5 Sleep (1:00)

3m5 Sleep (Less Tinkly) (1:00)

The Bioluminescence Of The Night (not used) (3:37)

4m1 The Plan (1:26)

4m2 v815ish (2:17)

4m3a The Floating Mountains Pt. 1 (1:50)

4m3b The Floating Mountains Pt. 2a (0:55)

4m3c The Floating Mountains Pt. 2b (0:39)

4m3d The Floating Mountains Pt. 3 (2:42)

4m4 Becoming One of The People (3:16)

4m4 Becoming One of The People (cd mix) (7:43)

4M4 Lessons 1 (1:58)

4m4 Vocal Version (3:19)

4m5 Unused (3:44)

5m1 Climbing Up Iknimaya (5:53)

5m1 (used instead of 6m1) (1:05)

5m1 Climbing Up Iknimaya (cd mix) (3:18)

5m1r Climbing Up Iknimaya (Alt) (3:06)

5m2 Flight of the Banshee (orig pts 1 & 2) (7:17)

5m2 Filmend (orig ending) (0:50)

5m2 Jake Flies His Banshee (3:53)

5m2 Jake Gets His Banshee (3:34)

5m2a The Hunt (1:21)

5m3 Intro (0:35)

5m3 Leonopteryx (2:45)

6m1 Unused (1:10)

6m2 A Man of My Word (1:11)

6m4 Jake & Neytiri (unused) (5:02)

6m4 Mated For Life (4:35)

6m5 Scorched Earth (3:37)

6m5 Scorched Earth (alt) (3:39)

6m6 Scorched Earth (alt) (3:39)

6M6b Quaritch Pulls Plug (3:47)

6m7 No Reasoning (3:14)

7m1 The Skypeople Are Coming (5:11)

7m2 Hometree Destruction (cd mix) (6:47)

7m2 Hometree Destruction (End Choir Alt) (2:53)

7m2 Hometree Destruction (Pickup) (7:35)

7m3 Long End Pick-Up (1:23)

7m3 Shutting Down Grace's Lab (2:54)

7m3 With Ethnic Voice (2:54)

7m4 The Escape (3:24)

7m4 The Escape (Film Version) (3:25)

Quaritch (not used) (5:01)

8m1 Help for Grace (2:43)

8m1 Help for Grace (Extra Percussion) (2:26)

8m2 Bonding With Leonoptryx (1:39)

8m2 Bonding With Leonoptryx (Child) (1:37)

8m3 Funeral Chant (0:33)

8m3 Funeral Chant (Sweetener) (0:35)

8m4 Prayers for Grace (2:55)

8m4 Prayers for Grace (Alt) (2:55)

8m5 Grace's Death (2:20)

8m5 Grace's Death (Percussion) (2:55)

8m6 Gathering the Na'Vi Clans (5:14)

8m7 Quaritch Takes Over (1:34)

9m1a (1:35)

9m1b Battle Plan (1:21)

9m2 Jake Prays to Eywa (2:02)

9m2 Jake Prays to Eywa (Alt) (1:51)

9m3 War (7:50)

9m3 War (alt end) (9:19)

9m4 The Battle Continues (3:17)

9m5 Insert (0:31)

9m5 Quaritch Down (4:56)

9m5 Quaritch Down (Alt Open) (5:09)

10m1 Fight to the Death (5:31)

10m1 Fight to the Death (Original Start Only) (0:24)

10m1 Fight to the Death (Insert) (1:11)

10m2 A New Beginning (3:32)

10m3 Eyes Open (1:14)

10m4 I See You (Theme From Avatar) (4:20)

10m5 Jake's First Flight (End Credit Edit) (1:59)

10m6 Gathering The Na'Vi Clans (End Credit Edit) (1:33)

Total Time: 4:45:08

Anybody making an AVATAR cue list putting the score first and alternates last?

And figuring all the repeated cues (i think all the CD mixes cues are repeated - some are several cues united)

Yes I'm surprised to come back after vacation and not find a post by somebody figuring out how to make the perfect playlist of the best version of each cue, what to edit together, etc.

Anyone working on that?

Yes I'm surprised to come back after vacation and not find a post by somebody figuring out how to make the perfect playlist of the best version of each cue, what to edit together, etc.

Anyone working on that?

I intend to once I have better quality files to work with. 64k is hard to listen to. But this score has rocketed into my favorites list. Even more so with the unedited, non film versions and album versions. When that happens, I'll post a "perfect playlist" version.

Anyone know why the new cues released in the deluxe iTunes version sound so.... off?

Because they're synth demos.

Can you magine if they did this to us with the unreleased Prequel music?

I get chills even thinking qbout the meltdown that would occur here. It will keep me awake all night now.

JW doesn't do synth mockups.

no I meant what if Lucasfilm made some, just because it would be a bit cheaper than releasing the real thing

What's the thinking behind releasing SYNTH demos? AND making us pay a full album price for them? Doesn't James Horner know about this? How could be possibly be OK with this?

I want answers!

Are we to be surprised at those decisions?

Lucky I'm not a die hard James Horner fan,because I'd say this is even worse than the TPM UE

Going through the 5-CD set I've come to the realization of some cues.

1m5 - Unused

This is actually an alternate for "First Look".

2m0 - Unused

I believe this is an alternate for "Real Legs", they sound pretty similar to each other minus the snare drums.

4m5 - Unused

This is actually Bioluminescence Of The Night.

6m1 - Unused

This was dropped and 5m1 (used instead of 6m1) was used in its place in the film. All though I suspect that slate number is wrong since a lot of cues seem to have the same slate number.

6m4 - Jake and Neytiri (Unused)

This is actually an alternate for "Mated For Life" as the endings are nearly identical to each other.

xxxx Quaritch (not used)

This is actually used in the film, not sure why it was labeled unused and would go before the cue "Destruction Of Hometree".

6m6b - Quartich Pulls The Plug

Not sure what this cue is...could be an actual unused material maybe meant to go in where they did some tracking for when Jake tries to warn the Omaticaya that the "Sky People" are coming and going to destroy Hometree.

7m1 - The Sky People Are Coming

This would be an alternate to "Quartich" and I'm sure the name of this cue is actually the original cue and not "Quartich".

8m4 - Prayers For Grace

This should actually be called "Asking For Help", since this is when Jake arrives at the Tree Of Souls with Leonoptryx and tells them Grace is dying.

8m5 - Grace's Death

Interesting enough this might be an alternate version of it. The 3-CD set had the film version.

9m1a

Not entirely sure what this cue is...it could be an alternate for "Battle Plan".

9m2 - Jake Prays To Ewya

Interestingly enough the "alternate" version is the actual film version.

Also to note a few cues on Disc 3 are out of order in regards to the film.

Edit: Also those of you who still have the 3-CD set keep the "Thanator Chase" cue from that set since the one on the 5-CD set for some reason sounds a bit out of phase. Compare the two and you'll hear.

Yeah, the percussion track in "Thanator Chase" sounds as if it has a duplicated version that's offset by just a fraction of a second. Gets that weird twangy sound to it.

Thank you for the info Trent! I will be shortly sorting through the music myself.

Is there anything of substance on this longer set?

All the stuff you're mentioning is somehow represented on the promo and when i count the minutes of material i subtracted from that i barely scratch the 20-minute mark.

Any 'real' alternates to write home about?

The recording sessions do not have the microedits that some tracks on the 3CD have... not to mention every track is in stereo.

The recording sessions do not have the microedits that some tracks on the 3CD have... not to mention every track is in stereo.

What about QUARITCH DOWN? This had lots of micredits and utilized the second half of WAR. How is this solved? And is this the 65kb version i read about?

The war cue is amazing. It is exactly what Horner intended for the film. It matches exactly when watched with the film. I think it is far superior to the edits Cameron implemented. It's really fantastic.

The war cue is amazing. It is exactly what Horner intended for the film. It matches exactly when watched with the film. I think it is far superior to the edits Cameron implemented. It's really fantastic.

since its more quality someone working onf assembling a 2-3 cd original intended (with unused cues) version plus 1 cd of alternates?

I'm going to work on that most of tonight.

And thanks for the clarification on those other tracks Trent, that's awesome.

The track "The Hunt" is amazing.

What about QUARITCH DOWN? This had lots of micredits and utilized the second half of WAR. How is this solved? And is this the 65kb version i read about?

No this isn't the 65kb a 320 version got uploaded. Regarding Quartich Down the 5-CD set has both versions, the film version and the original intended version.

It isn't all 320 though. Some tracks are 160. Someone I know considered that "mono". Lol. Does that make any sense?

No it doesn't make sense. The 160 tracks are not in mono, they're true stereo. Scoreman told someone else that he didn't re-encode them to 320k because they would have damaged the tracks. Most likely he meant a loss in quality and that's true. It seems the 5-CD set was put together from 2 or more sources.

Thanks for the info, Trent. What is "true stereo" exactly? Never heard of it.

I'm guessing as opposed to the artificial stereo created from some mono sources, for example what people have been saying about THE POSEIDEN ADVENTURE.

Thanks for the info, Trent. What is "true stereo" exactly? Never heard of it.

I'm guessing as opposed to the artificial stereo created from some mono sources, for example what people have been saying about THE POSEIDEN ADVENTURE.

'people' includes mike matessino, you know... :D

It isn't all 320 though. Some tracks are 160. Someone I know considered that "mono". Lol. Does that make any sense?

No it doesn't make sense. The 160 tracks are not in mono, they're true stereo. Scoreman told someone else that he didn't re-encode them to 320k because they would have damaged the tracks. Most likely he meant a loss in quality and that's true. It seems the 5-CD set was put together from 2 or more sources.

I had a feeling this person was wrong. I forgot how he explained his reasoning that a 160k track is not stereo, but it didn't make sense to me at all, and was contrary to what I knew about sound quality, lol. Thanks for clarifying.

someone working on assembling a 2-3 cd original intended (with unused cues) version plus 1 cd of alternates?

Second this request! Anybody made any further progress & working on a tracklist?

I completed some form of a tracklist, I think it's mostly correct. It fits nicely on 3 CDs, after I deleted OST album versions, the hacked up film versions, and the combined Jake Banshee cues ( I tend to favor separate cues ). I'm on vacation until Sunday, otherwise I would post it now. I didn't bring a laptop, only the iPhone.

I myself have finished my edit of the score. I have them as wav files and I have some cues run into each other like in the film. Here's my track list.

As we know that "3m1 - Pure Spirits Of The Forest" are really three different cues and I have it that way in my edit. Well the cues run into each other. They tracks 10-12 on Disc 1. 3m2 - Jake Meets The Na'vi is an obvious typing error and two cues. The first 5:37 of that cue is really "Pure Spirits Of The Forest" then the last part is when Jake meet the Omaticaya.

For "Eyes Open" I tacked on the beginning of those End Credits notes, with OUT The tracked drum loop at the very beginning. For the clean ending I used a drum hit from "Quaritch Down" which worked our pretty well.

I need to redo the back tray since I added that cue "Lessons". I thought it was unused music for a deleted scene so I put it at the end. However, after seeing someone else set up their edit I decided to put it in the same spot.

The only thing I used from the 3-CD set was the "Thanator Chase", "Into The Na'vi World", "Death Of Grace". Also I used the opening portion from "Fight To The Death" from the 3-CD set. Oh and I put that insert from "Fight To The Death" back in the cue was it was easy to edit in there. The other insert for "Quaritch Down" I didn't bother with as it was not complete and practically used in the cue anyways.

DISC 1

01. 20th Century Fox Fanfare (0:22)

02. In Cryo, You Don't Dream (6:00)

03. Quaritch Speech (1:44)

04. First Look (1:35)

05. Jake Enters His Avatar World (5:47)

06. Your Real Legs (0:42)

07. Into The Na'vi World (0:48)

08. Exploring (2:58)

09. Thanator Chase (1:52)

10. Neytiri Spots Jake (0:48)

11. Searching For Jake (0:34)

12. Viperwolves Attack (2:54)

13. Pure Spirits Of The Forest (5:27)

14. Jake Meets The Omaticaya (5:18)

15. Hometree (0:54)

16. Jake Sleeps (0:52)

17. Jake's Debriefing (1:17)

18. Jake's First Ride (2:08)

19. The Plan (0:36)

20. The Hallelujah Mountains (1:44)

21. Jake's Thoughts (0:33)

22. Hometree Sting (0:31)

23. Learning Of The Ikran (2:28)

24. Lessons (1:50)

25. Becoming One Of The People (3:00)

26. The Bioluminescence Of The Night (3:35)

27. Night Iridescence (2:01)

28. Climbing Up Iknimaya (5:43)

29. Jake Gets His Banshee (2:24)

30. Jake Flies His Banshee (4:18)

31. The Hunt (1:10)

32. Flying With Neytiri (0:22)

33. The Great Leonoptryx (2:23)

34. Jake's Video Log (1:01)

35. Man Of My Word (0:58)

DISC 2

01. Mated For Life (4:26)

02. Scorched Earth (3:24)

03. Quaritch (3:37)

04. No Reasoning (3:14)

05. The Sky People Are Coming (4:43)

06. Destruction Of Hometree (6:37)

07. Shutting Down Grace's Lab (2:43)

08. Escape From Hellgate (3:15)

09. Help For Grace (2:15)

10. Bonding With Leonoptryx (1:32)

11. Asking For Help (2:45)

12. Death Of Grace (2:05)

13. Gathering The Na'vi Clans (5:02)

14. Quaritch Takes Over (1:21)

15. Battle Plan (1:16)

16. Jake Prays To Eywa (1:51)

17. War (7:56)

18. The Battle Continues (3:03)

19. Quaritch Down (5:09)

20. Fight To The Death (5:09)

21. A New Beginning (3:24)

22. Eyes Open (1:11)

DISC 3

01. First Look (Alternate)

02. Your Real Legs (Alternate)

03. Into The Na'vi World (Alternate)

04. Hometree Chants (Source)

05. Jake Sleeps (Alternate)

06. Jake's Video Log (Alternate)

07. Climbing Up Iknimaya (Alternate Mix)

08. Jake Flies His Banshee (Alternate Ending)

09. Mated For Life (Alternate)

10. Scorched Earth (Alternate)

11. Destruction Of Hometree (Alternate Ending)

12. Shutting Down Grace's Lab (Alternate)

13. Help For Grace (Alternate)

14. Bonding With Leonoptryx (Alternate)

15. Funeral Chant (Source)

16. Death Of Grace (Original Version)

17. Battle Plan (Alternate)

18. Jake Prays To Eywa (Alternate)

I'm making a second version of the score where I'm having every cue clean from each other like how they are for real sessions. Also I figured out where "6M6B - Quaritch Pulls The Plug" is meant to go. It's supposed to go between "Scorched Earth" and "No Reasoning", which I have labeled "Tension Brewing". In the film they have tracked music from I think "Viperwolves" for this section so this particular cue is unused. I'll post track listings from my updated set once I'm done.

Am I the only person at the board who has listened to this score exactly once?

No. And that's only if you count in the film, otherwise it's zero.

Ok, twice then for me. JC, I salute you for your strength.

But then again, I listened to Cocoon yesterday, and when the chase sequence started, I had to check my iPod to make sure it didn't jump ahead to Star Trek II.

I digress.