Elfman / Burton Box Set Coming.

Ollie

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PeterK posted that the suggested list price for the box is $529.99.

Does anybody know on average how much below SRP the cost to a retailer usually is?

I want to say its 75% maybe? That would mean WB is selling it to retailers for about $397 if so.

It depends on the product. Considering it's WB, I would think they'd take most of the profit.

ATTENTION!!!

Amazon.com has lowered their price!!!

They discounted it 10%, making their selling price $476.99 w/ free shipping!

This is obviously the best deal, not to mention they have a pre-order price guarantee, so if you order now and they lower their price again before release date, you'll get it at that lower price.

I checked Amazon UK, .CA, and .DE and their prices have not decreased.

If you buy through Amazon, be sure to use the following link to help JWFan out!

http://www.amazon.co...ZAQ/jwfancom-20

I can't believe people are seriously considering buying this.

And that's hard to believe, why ? I don't have the money for this, but I'm still purchasing it b/c this looks like to be a once in a lifetime oppotunity. And I definitely do not want to miss out. I'll regret it if I did.

Bet if they released a Spielberg/Williams box for the same price . You guys wouldn't even hesistate to buy it. So believe it that people are seriously considering buying this.

And that's hard to believe, why ? I don't have the money for this, but I'm still purchasing it b/c this looks like to be a once in a lifetime oppotunity. And I definitely do not want to miss out. I'll regret it if I did.

Bet if they released a Spielberg/Williams box for the same price . You guys wouldn't even hesistate to buy it. So believe it that people are seriously considering buying this.

Sorry, I wouldn't buy a Spielberg Williams box. A: I couldn't afford it, B: I wouldn't want to spend that much. But it's not just the money - it's the principle. The fact that the producers went to the film score community, or at least FSM, asked for a lot of input, but then turned around and put a ridiculous price on the box after filling it with junk. And by purchasing, people are saying it's fine for these kind of prices to be charged, which could lead to further issues in the future (hell, people are outraged at the HP7.1 box, also a WB product).

I just think the whole thing is overpriced by a lot, and that people should be wary of paying out this much without thinking of how it could affect future releases or the already expensive market as a whole.

Sorry, I wouldn't buy a Spielberg Williams box. A: I couldn't afford it, B: I wouldn't want to spend that much. But it's not just the money - it's the principle. The fact that the producers went to the film score community, or at least FSM, asked for a lot of input, but then turned around and put a ridiculous price on the box after filling it with junk. And by purchasing, people are saying it's fine for these kind of prices to be charged, which could lead to further issues in the future (hell, people are outraged at the HP7.1 box, also a WB product).

I just think the whole thing is overpriced by a lot, and that people should be wary of paying out this much without thinking of how it could affect future releases or the already expensive market as a whole.

Fair enough.

Exactly. If this was $200, I'd be snatching it up no question without thinking.

$500 - or anything over $250 really - is truly just asking too much. If they had stripped out the book, dvd, USB stick, and ridiculously over-elaborate packaging, they could have kept the price way down

I don't buy that. RoboCop is still available on the market from Varese, but Intrada didn't ask us to pay $80 for their LE.

If it cost so much with licencing (especially on a 1,000 unit run), I'd like to see what was paid where. And then how much went into the other crap that's in there.

So when can we have Pee-Wee outside of this atrocious God damned thing?

5410673_gal.jpg

Alice in Wonderland. Or is it?

Ecchh! No.

Sleepy Hollow?

Have some.

Corpse Bride?

No.

Big Fish?

No.

*pulls out Planet of the Apes, laughing*

NOOOOO!

Nightmare Before Christmas?

Okay.

Batman Returns.

Yeah!

And direct from the Warner archive...Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Come complete? Hmhmhmhmhmm.

So when can we have Pee-Wee outside of this atrocious God damned thing?

5410673_gal.jpg

Alice in Wonderland. Or is it?

Ecchh! No.

Sleepy Hollow?

Have some.

Corpse Bride?

No.

Big Fish?

No.

*pulls out Planet of the Apes, laughing*

NOOOOO!

Nightmare Before Christmas?

Okay.

Batman Returns.

Yeah!

And direct from the Warner archive...Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Come complete? Hmhmhmhmhmm.

LOL!!! You're awesome. :lol:

THe Amazon price is back up to 528...dammit

moviemusic.com - $492.88 + $2.99 shipping = $495.87

I have some questions about Movie Music:

1. Is tax included in the original price?

2. Does $1 shipping mean each item ships for 1 (so 3 total) or it costs $1 to ship all 3 items?

3. Can you cancel a preordered item at any time before it ships and items that have aalready been released but won't be shipped until the preordered item does?

4. What state do the CDs ship from?

2. Does $1 shipping mean each item ships for 1 (so 3 total) or it costs $1 to ship all 3 items?

3. Can you cancel a preordered item at any time before it ships and items that have aalready been released but won't be shipped until the preordered item does?

1. I've never been separately charged sales tax on MovieMusic purchases. Whether that means I live in a state that doesn't charge sales tax for these purchases or MovieMusic rolls it into the cost of the item, I can't say.

2. It is a flat rate applied to the total order, and is not $1 per item. I just put ten items in my cart and had $1 shipping and no sales tax.

However, and this I did not know until now, $1 shipping applies to buying 3 or more new items, OR buying 3 or more used items. You cannot mix orders on new and used. You cannot buy 2 used and 1 new to get "3 items" for $1 shipping. You also cannot buy 3 used soundtracks and 3 new soundtracks on the same order to get $1 shipping. You'd have to make two orders and pay $1 shipping for each order. It could be that new and used items are at different warehouses, who each need the shipping money, but maybe sweet talking Peter would combine them.

$1 shipping is generally not as fast as priority shipping, but for me it's the biggest incentive to buy from MovieMusic.

3. Yes. You can contact Peter Kelly at any time to add, remove, or change items in your order.

4. It depends. Most of my MovieMusic albums from the specialty labels ship from Roswell, NM, but I have received two mainstream albums from a warehouse in Lexington, KY much quicker.

To illustrate #3 and 4, let me give you an example of an order I made. Back in February, I ordered three items. One item was Batman Returns and the other two were from specialty labels (Intrada, VS, LLR, etc.), so I paid $1 shipping. Batman Returns came from KY to PA in less than three days all by itself in a brown bubble-wrap envelope, and the other two items arrived later when MM got them to ship from NM. The same thing happened with HTTYD +2 specialties. In these cases, I would not have had to cancel the pre-order on the specialty items, since in-stock items shipped immediately.

I'm not sure how the man stays in business by charging the same as everyone else and spreading $1 shipping around so well, but HE IS THE MAN!

Hopefully those who wanted to order the Elfman boxset from Amazon.com did so yesterday when it was $476.99. Today the price is back up to $529.98!

I'm still on the fence about getting the Elfman box, LaLaLand's Batman scores were (and are) my most wanted from Elfman and the only ones I really want from the box set are Pee Wee's Big Adventure and the extra music from Planet Of The Apes.

Plus I'm sure most of the scores in that set will eventually see an expanded, individual release.

1. I've never been separately charged sales tax on MovieMusic purchases. Whether that means I live in a state that doesn't charge sales tax for these purchases or MovieMusic rolls it into the cost of the item, I can't say.

2. It is a flat rate applied to the total order, and is not $1 per item. I just put ten items in my cart and had $1 shipping and no sales tax.

However, and this I did not know until now, $1 shipping applies to buying 3 or more new items, OR buying 3 or more used items. You cannot mix orders on new and used. You cannot buy 2 used and 1 new to get "3 items" for $1 shipping. You also cannot buy 3 used soundtracks and 3 new soundtracks on the same order to get $1 shipping. You'd have to make two orders and pay $1 shipping for each order. It could be that new and used items are at different warehouses, who each need the shipping money, but maybe sweet talking Peter would combine them.

$1 shipping is generally not as fast as priority shipping, but for me it's the biggest incentive to buy from MovieMusic.

3. Yes. You can contact Peter Kelly at any time to add, remove, or change items in your order.

4. It depends. Most of my MovieMusic albums from the specialty labels ship from Roswell, NM, but I have received two mainstream albums from a warehouse in Lexington, KY much quicker.

To illustrate #3 and 4, let me give you an example of an order I made. Back in February, I ordered three items. One item was Batman Returns and the other two were from specialty labels (Intrada, VS, LLR, etc.), so I paid $1 shipping. Batman Returns came from KY to PA in less than three days all by itself in a brown bubble-wrap envelope, and the other two items arrived later when MM got them to ship from NM. The same thing happened with HTTYD +2 specialties. In these cases, I would not have had to cancel the pre-order on the specialty items, since in-stock items shipped immediately.

I'm not sure how the man stays in business by charging the same as everyone else and spreading $1 shipping around so well, but HE IS THE MAN!

Thanks for all the info!

Hopefully those who wanted to order the Elfman boxset from Amazon.com did so yesterday when it was $476.99. Today the price is back up to $529.98!

Now if I can manage to cancel my order from WB...

I saw a posts on both FSM and MM's boards today from people saying they were able to sucessfully cancel their order with WB by emailing them. I believe the poster at FSM said he got a confirmation email a day after he emailed them.

I sent Warner Brothers Record Store an e-mail asking if there was any difference between the version they have of the Elfman box versus the one posted at other sites. This was their response.

Dear Customer:

The music is the same, but the first 1,000 pieces that include the Certificate of Authenticity are exclusive to our site.

Sincerely,

Warner Bros Records Online Customer Support

Well now we're just going back to that whole thing with FSM printing more than what the pressing number says. It doesn't cost $500 because there are only 1,000 of them. It costs $500 because it's a gigantic fucking music box set containing expanded scores to several releases that are still in print, from more than one label.

The video did ultimately say, "Limited first run to 1,000 copies."

So what they meant was that the first 1,000 copies would be limited in a sense that they come with a certificate of authenticity. The confusion comes with Richard Kraft stating there were no plans for any of other subsequent release other than the 1,000 copies.

Why the hell is this so expensive? I do realize that it's very exhaustive and packed with many a goodie but still it's notoriously costly. I'll never be able to afford this, and I'm sure the same goes for many other forum members. :lol:

I still wouldn't even sell my kidney for this set. $500 is way too damn much. I wonder who it was that ultimately thought of the $500 price tag. Hell there's been more extensive box sets than this an they costed about $200-300 less! I'm talking about the FSM Superman set and Ron Jones TNG sets.

I bet had they had it close to about $200 they would be getting a lot more people to buy it. This set is NOT worth $500.

I still wouldn't even sell my kidney for this set. $500 is way too damn much. I wonder who it was that ultimately thought of the $500 price tag. Hell there's been more extensive box sets than this an they costed about $200-300 less! I'm talking about the FSM Superman set and Ron Jones TNG sets.

I bet had they had it close to about $200 they would be getting a lot more people to buy it. This set is NOT worth $500.

Disney came up with the price. They know how much Nightmare is worth. They've been whoring it out for years. Nightmare and Alice certainly caused the box to be more expensive than it should. Then, in order to make a profit you have to mark it way up. Blame the mouse!

None of these are worth more than $20. I wouldn't even pay that for most. They're all single discs. Batman Returns is basically useless since it only adds a few tracks, and not ones I would have chosen.

It's a bit hard to judge what the price of this box "should" be, I think.

Because on what other occasion has the producer of a music release reached out to fans, asked them what they wanted, and then released what looks like every single one of their requests?

What I'm saying is that this never happens in the film score world. Unfortunately, WB realised this and the fact that it can charge whatever they want if it's the only way to get this music.

Wow. Well, I guess it will be in print for a while, then.

WB really fucked themselves over by allowing other retailers to list it for sale BEFORE their limited certificate version came out. I betcha 90% of the pre-orders made at the website are going to get canceled.

The point I was trying to make is that they are still charging way too much for the set. It is no way in hell worth $500, I don't care how you look at it. Not very many people can afford this. I've read quite a few comments saying they'd love to get it but can't afford it. If they lowered the price down to closer to around $200 then I'm sure that they would have gotten a lot more orders for it.

I do agree with you Jason that WB has fucked themselves with this release.