20 Lord of Light (Bonus Track) 4:16
21 Service of the Gods (Bonus Track) 2:48
22 I Need You by My Side (Bonus Track) 2:36
23 The Tower (Bonus Track) 2:33
24 Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (Bonus Track) 1:44
25 I Choose Violence (Bonus Track) 1:48
26 Hodor (Bonus Track) 2:24

Just heard the last cue, "Winds of Winter",

and it gives you an idea of how they plan to end the season, if that is indeed the music for the last scene.

It's a half-decent mishmash of themes, but my God, Djawadi's stagnant percussion loops and mechanical renderings really know how to suck the life out of anything.

43 minutes ago, KK said:

Just heard the last cue, "Winds of Winter",

and it gives you an idea of how they plan to end the season, if that is indeed the music for the last scene.

It does sound like a finale cue with a noticeable "cut to black" dip to silence about 70 seconds from the end of the track (where the credits would begin).

If it's the case, all I can say is..... seriously? That storyline finishes the season? Give me a break, it's the most tedious of the lot!

1 minute ago, Lonnegan said:

It's quite funny actually how these mystical harbinging direwolves have amounted to pretty much sweet FA. 

Well there's only Ghost and Arya's left now, correct? Although Arya's is off roaming the woods somewhere.

And Bran's died this season right? That's a shame...

I wonder if the writers will even bother with Arya's. From what I remember, the books teased her re-appearance every now and then, but the show hasn't bothered with that.

Yeah, the direwolves' fate has been pretty bleak :(

Hey everyone, please put any discussion of the season 6 OST informed speculation of what might happen next week in a spoiler-block, ok?

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It does sound like a finale cue with a noticeable "cut to black" dip to silence about 70 seconds from the end of the track (where the credits would begin).

If it's the case, all I can say is..... seriously? That storyline finishes the season? Give me a break, it's the most tedious of the lot!

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if they do go that route. We've had too many of that sort in the past.

But didn't the writers mention that they're saving one of Martin's original big plot secrets for the finale? I'd imagine it'd be some kind of twist at the very end.

6 minutes ago, KK said:

But didn't the writers mention that they're saving one of Martin's original big plot secrets for the finale? I'd imagine it'd be some kind of twist at the very end.

I assume that they meant the end of 

A Song of Ice and Fire (and Game of Thrones) rather than just the end of Season 6.

34 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well there's only Ghost and Arya's left now, correct? Although Arya's is off roaming the woods somewhere.

From oldest Stark to youngest Stark:

Robb's direwolf Grey Wind was killed at The Red Wedding in Season 3

Jon's direwolf Ghost is STILL ALIVE and traveling with Jon and Sansa

Sansa's direwolf Lady was beheaded by Ned Stark in Season 1

Arya's direwolf Nymeria was set free by Arya in Season 1 and hasn't been shown since, but is theoretically still alive and roaming around...

Bran's direwolf Summer was killed by Wights in Season 6

Rickon's direwolf Shaggydog was murdered by the Umbers as proof the boy they had was Rickon in Season 6

Yes the star was added when Joffrey became king.

Joffrey was more religious than Robert, even being opposed to homosexuality (which Robert likely didn't give a flying fark about)

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Complete with Star of the Seven thingy above the Iron Throne (which wasn't there when Robert was king)

Ah, I see you were saying it was added after Robert. 

Joffrey changed the appearance of the Throne Room in the first few eps of season 2. Must have added it then. 

7 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

The star was there too in the Kingslayer flashback

set design lazyness? or was crazy ol'Targ religious too?

I think all the Targaryens were pretty religious since surviving the Doom of Valaria.

5 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Ah, I see you were saying it was added after Robert. 

Joffrey changed the appearance of the Throne Room in the first few eps of season 2. Must have added it then. 

Correct.

Joffrey said the Targs had style while remodelling so that explains why the star is there for the assisination and not during Roberts reign and then back again after his death. 

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Here are the promotional stills for Episode 10

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-photos-game-thrones-season-6-finale-winds-winter/

Nothing too exciting

Yeah, very much on purpose. But I have to say I really like David Bradley who plays Walder Frey. One of those actors in the series who seem like they were made for the part. Of which there are actually quite a few.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

Yeah, very much on purpose. But I have to say I really like David Bradley who plays Walder Frey. One of those actors in the series who seem like they were made for the part. Of which there are actually quite a few.

I've got a distinct feeling this might be the last we see of him....

This season seems to be the great purge of once important, but superfluous characters who aren't necessary for the endgame.

I have a question

Who is next in line for the throne after Tommen?

Obviously if he impregnates Margaery with a boy, then it would be his son.

But what if he never does knock her up?  Who is next in line?

Is it Gendry, even though he's a bastard who was never legitimized?  

Or is it Daenerys since she's technically the next alive living relative (being the only living offspring of The Mad King)?

I mean, all the other Baratheons (Stannis, Renly, Shireen) are dead.  All the other Targaryens are dead.  And the Iron Throne started with a Targaryen, so you can't go back before them.

I think it would be funny if Dany sails over intending to conquer, but all she actually has to do is have a dragon eat Tommen and then throne is hers anyway :P

That's not true, actually.

Robert Baratheon didn't take the throne "by force", he was actually in line for the throne.  His grandfather married a Targaryen (The Mad King's aunt).  He has Targayen blood.

So by murdering the Mad King all all his offspring, he was next in line anyway.  (Of course, he failed to murder Viserys and Daenerys, but no one seems to care about that).

The only (or one of the other) Targaryens living at the time was that super old Targaryen who was up at Castle Black who died last season, so he was ineligible to take over having Taken The Black.

He ascended the throne because he led a revolution against the Mad King, not because he was in line for the throne. Despite having Targaryen blood, Robert is a usurper.

The question is an interesting one. I doubt Gendry would be next in line. Are there any Baratheon children who have not been murdered off?

By killing the existing Targaryen heirs, he was pretty much taking the throne "by force". That's why he was known as the Usurper. He dethroned the existing line and replaced with his own.

I'm guessing if Tommen died, then it would go to a distant Lannister or Tyrell, depending on which House acts first.

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He ascended the throne because he led a revolution against the Mad King, not because he was in line for the throne. Despite having Targaryen blood, Robert is a usurper.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Yea, he DID usurp the throne, by having Jaime kill The Mad King, and the ensuing battles that killed off The Mad Kings other children (such as Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, that dude that had children with Elia Martell [Prince Doran and The Red Viper's sister]) before leaving her to shack up with Lyanna Stark), and even had the Mountain murder Rhaegar and Elia's babies (hence the revenge Dorne wants on the crown), etc, trying to destroy all traces of the Targaryen line (with Varys and Danaerys escaping to Essos safely, avoiding their murder).

HOWEVER, after all that, he still HAD a RIGHTFUL claim to the thrown being related to the Targaryens anyway.  He DID have to enact an old rule about the royal line being allowed to go through a female instead of male descendants only (since it was a female Targaryen that married his grandfather), but he's legit.  

The question is an interesting one. I doubt Gendry would be next in line. Are there any Baratheon children who have not been murdered off?

Probably in the books or whatever, but on the show I think they simplified it to just Gendry.

7 minutes ago, KK said:

By killing the existing Targaryen heirs, he was pretty much taking the throne "by force". That's why he was known as the Usurper. He dethroned the existing line and replaced with his own.

I know that, but he was ALSO related anyway.

I'm guessing if Tommen died, then it would go to a distant Lannister or Tyrell, depending on which House acts first.

That doesn't make any sense at all.  Yes, we the viewer knows he has no Baratheon Blood and is 100% Lannister, but as far as the crown is concerned, he's a Baratheon and the crown would go to the next in line Baratheon.  With Stannis and Shireen now dead, there's no Baratheons left.

If the crown accepts that he WAS a Lannister (like for example if Loras or Lancel admits to it at the trial next week), then Joffrey and Tommen never had a rightful claim to the throne anyway, and the Crown should have gone to Stannis right after Robert's death, unless someone legitimizes Gendry.

The crown would never got to a Tyrell for any reason.  Margaery is totally screwed if Tommen dies before impregnating her, like she was after Joffrey died.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Sorry, but you're wrong.  

They most certainly are not! Robert's bullshit about being in line to the throne was window-dressing; an extra layer of spin to help solidify his position. The overwhelming reason for his coronation was that his army won the war, and none of the other leaders of the rebellion (Ned Stark, Jon Arryn) wanted the throne for themselves.

Then I'm right.

Of course the kingly line is supposed to follow male heirs, but Robert busted out some old rule about how it could follow female heirs in order to reinforce his claim after usurping.

Even if you ignore that part, if you simply follow Robert's direct blood line up the family tree, then Daenerys is next in line anyway, being his 2nd cousin once removed (or whatever you call his father's mother's nephew's daughter).

I totally agree.

And Danaerys is technically next in line for the throne after Tommen, now that Stannis is dead.

Unless Gendry is legitimized.

Robert's claim to the Iron Throne was significantly diluted by the Mad King having four (?) children, all men but Dany. The abduction of the woman he loved and the condemnation of the Stark and Baratheon families made Robert go apeshit and prompted his rebellion. If the abduction hadn't happened,, Robert would have stayed an obedient ward or vassal and never challenged for the Throne.

I'm curious, though. It was Robert's Rebellion, but Jaime Lannister killed the king. Does he not have a claim because he was already a Kingsguard, or was the Lannister connection to Targaryen even weaker than Baratheon?  

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Even if you ignore that part, if you simply follow Robert's direct blood line up the family tree, then Daenerys is next in line anyway, being his 2nd cousin once removed (or whatever you call his father's mother's nephew's daughter).

Always interesting to see an American theorise about royal succesion.

It doesnt actually work this way in the real world. Which is why when they tested the DNA of Richard III after his body was found it wasnt compatible with the DNA of Queen Elizabeth II.

2 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

And who was first in line to the throne after Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were killed?

Viserys.

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.  Yes, we the viewer knows he has no Baratheon Blood and is 100% Lannister, but as far as the crown is concerned, he's a Baratheon and the crown would go to the next in line Baratheon.  With Stannis and Shireen now dead, there's no Baratheons left.

If the crown accepts that he WAS a Lannister (like for example if Loras or Lancel admits to it at the trial next week), then Joffrey and Tommen never had a rightful claim to the throne anyway, and the Crown should have gone to Stannis right after Robert's death, unless someone legitimizes Gendry.

The crown would never got to a Tyrell for any reason.  Margaery is totally screwed if Tommen dies before impregnating her, like she was after Joffrey died.

Well if there are no Baratheons left, then wouldn't the fact that Tommen is considered "half-Lannister" play a role? By having a Lannister marry into the royal family, Tywin basically tried to give his House a "permanent" foot on the Iron Throne. 

53 minutes ago, WojinPA said:

Robert's claim to the Iron Throne was significantly diluted by the Mad King having four (?) children, all men but Dany.

Aegon V Targaryen (aka Aegon The Unlikely, aka Egg) and then Jaehaerys II Targaryen were the  King of the Seven Kingdoms before The Mad King*.  Jaehaerys had two children - a boy, Aerys II Targaryen, and a girl, Rhaella Targaryen.  

Those two children married each other, and Aerys II became the next King of the Seven Kingdoms, later known as The Mad King.

Aerys II & Rhaella had eight children:

(1) Prince Rhaegar Targaryen - Eldest son, married Elia Martell, he was next in line for the crown, but was killed at The Battle of the Trident during Robert's Rebellion, and The Mountain murdered his children and raped and murdered Elia.  If the rumors are true that when he left Elia for Lyanna Stark, he married her and produced Jon Snow in the Tower of Joy (which Ned took home to Winterfell pretending it was his own bastard son, to prevent Robert from murdering him), then Jon Snow would be next in line if legitimized (!!).

(2) Shaena Targaryen - stillborn

(3) Daeron Targaryen - stillborn

(4) A third stillborn child    

(5) Aegon Targaryen - died as an infant

(6) Jaehaerys Targaryen - died as an infant

(7) Viserys Targaryen - First surviving offspring in 17 years.  Technically inherited the crown after the deaths of Aerys, Rhaegar, and Rhaegar's children, but had no support to back it up; Fled to Essos to seek support and was murdered by Khal Drogo in Season 1 before producing offspring.

(8) Daenerys Targaryen - Only surviving (known) Targaryen, now self-proclaimed Queen of the Iron Throne.

*The show removed Jaehaerys II from the timeline for some reason, making Aerys the son of Aegon The Unlikely instead of grandson. which made Maester Aemon up at Castle Black The Mad King's Uncle instead of Great Uncle in the process.

The abduction of the woman he loved and the condemnation of the Stark and Baratheon families made Robert go apeshit and prompted his rebellion. If the abduction hadn't happened,, Robert would have stayed an obedient ward or vassal and never challenged for the Throne.

Yes! It's a quite fascinating series of events that lead to Robert usurping the crown;  They could do a whole TV show just about it! (I mean a single season event, not an ongoing show).

I'm curious, though. It was Robert's Rebellion, but Jaime Lannister killed the king. Does he not have a claim because he was already a Kingsguard, or was the Lannister connection to Targaryen even weaker than Baratheon?  

The Lannisters and Targaryens have no blood relations I don't think.  Tywin and Jaime did what they did in the name of Robert.  Perhaps no one wanted to be king except Robert.

7 minutes ago, KK said:

Well if there are no Baratheons left, then wouldn't the fact that Tommen is considered "half-Lannister" play a role? By having a Lannister marry into the royal family, Tywin basically tried to give his House a "permanent" foot on the Iron Throne. 

Ah, I getcha now.  I actually don't know how that would work, good call!

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

Viserys.

Indeed, and Robert took it by force. It's the force rather than the lineage which is the real factor in Robert becoming king.

If Tommen dies, the influential factions in the Seven Kingdoms aren't going to sit around poring over genealogies and line-of-succession manuals trying (sincerely) to work out who is the new monarch and then inviting that person to rule. The primary factor in the succession will be force - either actual conflict or the perception of superiority in one faction. This is why I don't think you're quite right to say "Margaery is totally screwed if Tommen dies before impregnating her". If this were the case then Margaery should have been trying to get pregnant non-stop since her release, whereas she evidently hasn't. Assuming that she hasn't lost her long-held ambition, it seems plausible that she has her eye on a position of power which is not dependent on Tommen. (Not saying I think this will actually happen.)

And when Daenerys comes along, she may well cite being next in line after Tommen as one of the contributing factors to her claim, but it will be Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal (as well as those Dothraki and Unsullied) who are the real reason behind any success she achieves in having that claim accepted.

OK.

So then, if Tommen dies, and Dany hasn't shown up yet, what would actually happen at King's Landing?  Would Cersei act as Queen Regent until some Council decides who is king or something?  Would Margery act as Queen until she remarries and produces a male heir?

What would the actual process be?

If Tommen dies, Margery will act as Queen. But Cersei would probably try toget the Council to vote in favour of bringing power back to the Lannisters. Ultimately, the decision will probably come down to a conflict between the Tyrells and the Lannisters to see who gets the Throne.

By the time that's settled, Dany will sail in with her dragons, and burn them all to the ground.

Cersei has almost no power anymore. I think if Tommen died then Margaery would very soon be discovered to be carrying his child. With The High Sparrow or someone from the Tyrell family assuming a role as Stewart untill the new King or Queen is old enough. Lineage by blood is something which can be overlooked when there are other considferations at work. This is how it was done in Europe anyway.

I just hope this all ends better than the Game of Mods did.