Hlao-roo

10 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

We're still getting the inevitable teal & orange look, though.

Yeah, thankfully so! In the original film, it was mostly used for sunset scenes (and inside buildings). Feels "new" to see it from street level; it comes off more as a desert than a street, and "extra" post-apocalyptic. Very intriguing!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

He won't be when this new film solidifies Deckards status as the oldest remaining replicant.

Deckard was never "special", like Rachel, which he means he's no more than a Nexus 6. "Four-year lifespan " ;)

:lol:

Your natural aptitude for spelling out narratives before they're woven is as reliable as ever. I won't be surprised if it turns out as you've foreseen Messenger!

Ah! So it's TFA, then.

6 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

No.

The final scene will take place on a bridge. Deckard will try to convince Gosling to come with him, abandon this eternal hunt for Replicants. Gosling will hesitate... before killing him and throwing him into the void.

Before that, Deckard will step-off of the bridge, and onto either a DeLorean, or a giant version of the owl from The Tyrrell Corporation.

13 hours ago, KK said:

Teaser looks beautiful. But yea, we'll have to wait and see if the story and screenplay are any good.

Story: Hampton Fancher (Blade Runner)

Screenplay: Michael Green (Green Lantern)

13 hours ago, Jay said:

He never was, that was a ridiculous change for future versions of the film

You're joking,right?

11 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I'm very curious about this film.

This teaser certainly looks gorgeous.

:heart: Roger Deakins

The teaser is a bit fan service but I'm curious too. I mean, Deakins is allowed to go full throttle here, right? However,  will Harrison Ford be able to emanate that same 'I don't care' attitude of the first film? Does Ryan Gosling have the right charisma? Yes, questions ....

How's this coming along then? I'll skip the trailer, but I saw Ford the other day and he's looking super. I just can't get excited about modern sequels to classic movies though, it seems impossible to pull off, to hit the bullseye. When's it out? 

54 minutes ago, Quintus said:

How's this coming along then? I'll skip the trailer, but I saw Ford the other day and he's looking super. I just can't get excited about modern sequels to classic movies though, it seems impossible to pull off, to hit the bullseye. When's it out? 

It's a teaser. Not much is shown. 

I don't have any opinion of this teaser. It looks fine I guess. And I don't really need this film in my life. It's one thing to do more Marvel or Star Wars films. It's in their very nature to endlessly prolong the story and characters. But this is something different. Blade Runner is an important film in pop culture that also happens to be a true work of art. I really see no reason to do this. Hope I'm wrong.

Karol

They have a good director who is not an idiot. That is somewhat good.

At the same time.... I'm not sure whether him doing it is that smart on his part after all.

Karol

Old Deckard: "So you work for The Tyrell Corporation"?

Ryan Gosling: "No man, I work for Weyland Industries."

Audience: "OMG! I knew it all took place in the same universe!"

Vangelis on the score of Blade Runner 2049:

Vangelis himself wasn't asked to score Blade Runner 2, and he's OK with that. "You can never repeat certain things," Vangelis says. "It's only once in a lifetime. It's like doing another Chariots Of Fire. It's impossible."

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/17/497797809/from-composer-vangelis-a-true-story-set-in-outer-space

He has a point, not only about the score but about the film as well. But hey, I still wanna see it!

Interesting. The other day, my brother was furious that Vangelis wasn't involved in this project. It was to him what SW without John Williams is to us. I personally thought he was asked out of courtesy and he declined.

It doesn't matter anyway. I think Jóhannsson will do a fine job.