Hlao-roo

Agreed, but I wasn't commenting on that. Stefan said that it's 100% advertising, and advertising is, at the very least, trying to present your product in a good light (no pun intended).

True, I've never seen a Deakins-photographed film that looked bad, but I have seen several films where the only saving grace was the photography.

Hmm, it almost as if people think Villeneuve has nothing to say about the what and how of the film's cinematography. The director is the one who has the entire movie in his head: The look, the mood, every scene, every shot. He's the captain of the ship! Deakins can offer ideas but it's his job to bring the director's vision to the screen.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Wow. Completely unexpected to hear the director of the film say something like that!

Not a word about the script or the acting. I really believe this is going to be a Deakins fest. You'll see.

• 1 month later...

Edward James Olmos confirms he returns for Blade Runner 2049.

“I signed a seven page non-disclosure contract. I did, my manager did, my agent did, everybody did. I couldn’t talk about it. I couldn’t talk about it to anybody about it. Guess what? This is the first time that I’m telling the whole world, that yes, I am going to be Gaff in Blade Runner 2049. 

“Well it’s not about Gaff, but it’s about someone who is going to try to find out certain things about us back then,” he stated. “My role is like it was in the original – that time I only had four scenes, in this I only have one. But again, it’s a poignant little scene."

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

398c3bf181a51ce3f2e10bd1ae3f2057.jpg

How will Denis Villeneuve deal with people smoking in 2049???

663fcc7f961cb43408b5643695d0bd4e.jpg

1. Well, people will smoke cigarettes because it's crucial to the atmosphere of the film. Villeneuve isn't going to take any risk.

an-angry-mob.png

2. No, cigarettes are outlawed by 2049. It's Villeneuve's most daring choice. The fandom is shocked.

o-ELECTRONIC-CIGARETTE-570.jpg?4

3. In 2049, people will smoke electronic cigarettes exclusively.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Enough of the drape jokes, otherwise its curtains, for you two.

Yeah! Stay on topic people. Drape jokes are not the reason I hang out here.

brscript329_zpse7fc22e8.jpg

In 1982, people smoking cigarettes in movies was normal but today it's taboo. But things like smoke and rain were used in the original film to make the lighting and atmosphere more palpable so it's a key element in the movie. How will Villeneuve cope with that? It's a valid question. Will he be politically correct or not?

• 4 weeks later...

It's kinda weird seeing a main character of a sci-fi film in a cotton tshirt and not some kind of specialty outfit