Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long standing member I can tell you it's unwise to call him that. It's Steef.

Those eyes burn into your soul.........

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Medal Of Honor boxset was indeed finished in time for an April 12th release, check out MV's new avatar:

1801.gif

MV should be pre-announcing it tomorrow on the FSM boards.

I believe it's $54.98 US.

I don't know if MV said how many units would be available. I did a quick check of the FSM thread and I didn't see a number.

oh, ok I just saw the preliminar announcement, with no price watsoever.

This is a great pricetag, for 8 cds or more.

I dont care for the latest MOH, but i'll take that as a bonus...

ok, this thread is new, being a collage of eveything related with this release, right?

Because i'm 100% sure i never saw this thread title before...

Man this MOH box set is getting puzzling for me to follow :lol:

What's puzzling about it?

Yes, I took all the posts about the box set out of the LLL thread and created a new thread with them here.

its' puzzling that the pre-announcement and announcement splipped past me and i didnt saw them.

Now, this 'new' thread dating back to january, which i had never seen before...

I took all the posts about the box set out of the LLL thread and created a new thread with them here.

The $11 shipping is what's preventing me from pulling the trigger. Thats crazy. Maybe if I bundle my order with a signed Fringe Season 2...

The $11 shipping is what's preventing me from pulling the trigger. Thats crazy. Maybe if I bundle my order with a signed Fringe Season 2...

The shipping isn't actually $11. I forgot the reason, but I made similar complaints when I made my first order from them. I think it's just the default shipping for whatever transaction manager they use, and they only charge normal prices. Although, we don't know yet how big this box is, might be a couple extra dollars than normal.

Well that's a silly system.

As for the size, MV said it was two clamshell cases, so roughly the size of 4 normal jewel cases, plus however thick the box that holds the cases is. Think Blue Box size.

Remember too when FSM released the Ron Jones TNG set that SAE actually had to up the shipping price a couple of dollars because they under-estimated how heavy the set was. Grant it's bigger than the Blue Box in width wise but not length wise. I wouldn't expect the shipping price for the MOH set to be no more than maybe $8 or $9.

It'll be more than that still for international shipping. Must be approaching $70-80 for this thing.

But it's all about the meaning of the music. I paid way more than that for the 3 LotR boxes.

Why would it cost $70-$80 to ship 4 CDs? This thing is the size of 4 jewel cases stacked on top, and the weight of 8 CDs plus a booklet.

I don't want to imagine what it costs to ship the elfmanburton box internationally then!

I think he is talking about 70-80 $ with the box + shipping fees included.

Never paid that much for shipping on my entire life, and i bought those heavy making of star wars and indy books.

The indy box set had regular shipping in amazon.

it will be around 15 bucks overseas, i suppose.

d'oh beaten while i was writing...

I just want the Giacchino scores, not really interested in the other ones (European Assault didn't impress me, but I haven't tried Rising Sun yet).

5 Giacchino scores for $55 is still a huge bargain

When you think about it most releases from our labels are $20 each. This is 8 scores so "should" be $160, but its $55.

La La Land fucking rocks.

Rising Sun is the best non-Giacchino score. The other Lennertz scores are quite short, so on album they aren't very satisfying. There is one short cue on Pacific Assault that's brilliant though, but that's because it contains his theme from Gun in it.

I'll be buying the box set and giving all 8 discs a fair listen, then decide what is worthy and what isn't.

I received a promo copy of MOH Rising Sun's score when the game was first released and I found it meh.

It lacked the magic and freshness of Giacchino's music. I'll put the whole set on iTunes but I probably won't be visiting the non-Giacchino scores that much.