Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, OK, I was expecting more than that I guess.

The set sounds great though, really excited to get mine now!

It really looks great, the book, the cover art, the box. It's all very handsome.

And, as I'm sure we all feel, the fact that Spielberg had involvement with this set (be it even just a paragraph) bodes well for Hook I think.

Can anyone recommend me some really solid, standout tracks from this set? The only MoH game I've ever played was "Frontline" (way back on the ps2, terrific game though).

Appreciate it!

Honestly? The whole original Medal of Honor disc is first rate. And I'd highly recommend Secret Weapons Over Normandy by Giacchino after this.

Man, I didn't even know these things existed.

Yep. But you're recommending the album that's no longer available. I've got it and it's really good. But probably a bit too relentless as compared to MOH albums.

Can anyone recommend me some really solid, standout tracks from this set? The only MoH game I've ever played was "Frontline" (way back on the ps2, terrific game though).

Appreciate it!

There were a lot of personal favourites posted on this thread and starting from this very post.

Karol - still waiting for shipping notice...

The mystery is solved, MV just posted at FSM that they were able to get the first 100 signed by Mr . Lennertz.

Post # 182

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=78150&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=10&r=697#bottom

Just a quick update on the MOH Box set:

As a last minute, added surprise Mr Lennertz signed the first 100 orders, but we were not able to start shipping those off until April 18 -- yes, that's right -- TAX DAY. You can imagine the smiles of all those postal customers when they saw us coming in with boxes and boxes of orders that day. wink.gif

That said, we have been working fast and furious getting the orders out. On top of the mountain of orders and Tax Day, the post office also decided to change most of their postage rates this week. lol So, that has also delayed some things on their end.

So, please be patient with the orders. We have processed and have currently shipped out order #'s 34800 - 35500, not too mention all the phone orders, mail orders and paypal orders we received.

The remaining 300+ orders will be shipping out this week.

Thanks

MV

Mine arrived today also. I got an autographed copy, same as joey.

Awesome sauce. :woop:

And we didn't even have to order from DarkDel, heh heh heh.

Medal of Honor :music:

my order number is not in the first 100 so i wont have a signed copy.

i already have three lennertz signed cds, and his signature there looks more classy and stylized. :P

The puzzling thing is... i ordered it at 1:06 PM

So that means over 100 orders in less than 6 minutes :lol:

Interesting that I got my shipping confirmation on Friday, but it did indeed ship on the 18th, evidenced by the stamp. Came well padded in a priority mail box - and very impressive seeing as it made it cross country in just 2 days then!

Yeah I guess I missed out on the autographed copy as well but no big deal.

Sure. Still, a nice surprise for those of us who didn't.

This may have already been sorted out, but the final track on the first disc, "... (Radio Broadcast)", is actually 8 min long despite being listed as 4 min and contains that Star Spangled Banner recording conducted by Giacchino's mom.

I came here to ask if others got autographed copies, but I see it has been explained!

Good thing we know it's Lennertz, I would have had to toss it if it turned out to be Ramin...

The weird thing is, usually when there are autographed copies direct from LLL, you still get a shrinkwrapped set, and then a second booklet that is augographed. Looks like this time they opened up the sets and autographed the only booklet?

The weird thing is, usually when there are autographed copies direct from LLL, you still get a shrinkwrapped set, and then a second booklet that is augographed. Looks like this time they opened up the sets and autographed the only booklet?

Seeing as it was a last minute thing, maybe they didn't print enough spare books to do that.

Yeah that's definitely Lennertz's signature, a bit more messy that usual though. The "C" and "L" are apparent.

Bummer they couldn't pre-announce this, I would have ordered direct from LLL, and would be basking in its gloriousness right now. Still no shipping confirmation.

I would have ordered it sooner too, but I don't mind. I guess ordering a new release superquickly for no reason whatsoever has finally paid off for some :)

My MOH box set arrived yesterday from DarkDel, along with a trio from SAE (Testament, Slipstream, Poltergeist), which were both ordered the day that MOH was put up for order. The shipping box was quite dented, but the soundtrack slipcase was in perfect shape. That's why things are shipped in boxes with ample packaging: to absorb the brunt of the postmen's fury. Same squiggle signature that was posted earlier. I'll get to ripping it sometime.

Still no word on my set but as it has been said in the thread many times before, SAE takes a while to update the status of orders.

Yes. On 4/17 at 9:57, I received an email from darkdel@darkdel.com stating:

A package was shipped to you on 04/18/2011 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, Medium Flat Rate BOX to the following address:

[Address]

The following optional services were used: None

Dark Delicacies

NOTE:

This e-mail was generated by Endicia Internet Postage (www.Endicia.com)

at the sender's request. DO NOT CONTACT Endicia if you have any

questions about the shipment or the package delivery. Please contact

the sender of this e-mail or the U.S. Postal Service if you have

questions about the package delivery.

And the package arrived on 4/20.

I received a shipping confirmation from LaLaLand on Friday and have not received mine. Patience, I'm sure it will show up.

Sue told me that Chris Lennertz has yet to sign all the Hop booklets, so once he's done with those and sends them out, they will ship my order. That's why mine is being held up at least, you order Hop too, Rich?

My copy arrived either today or yesterday (no way to tell; I never came home yesterday)

The packing, booklet, liner notes, disc art, case art - EVERYTHING is all superb. Great, top notch release from La-La Land. Can't wait to start listening!

Mine should be waiting for me at work on 3rd May.

Edit: Just looked at my card statement, and it appears I was charged on 11th April. Didn't they have extra shipping charges to add? Plus crocodile is also in the UK and said a few pages back he hadn't had a conformation. Do they not give them for overseas orders?

E-mail on the way...

Got mine today. Wonderful stuff. Lennertz and Djawadi's material are noticeably weaker than Giacchino's, but they are still competent.

Even Djawadi's efforts are interesting. Particularly "High Ground" which is simple, but evokes imagery well. "Hunter-Killer" is another favorite from that track.

The packing, booklet, liner notes, disc art, case art - EVERYTHING is all superb. Great, top notch release from La-La Land.

Indeed. Medal of Honor has been on my mental 'get when re-released list' for a couple years now, and I'm not disappointed.

I was familiar with the original, but only the odd track on YouTube here and there from the sequels.

I've listened up through Rising Sun now.

Medal of Honor still reigns supreme. An action-packed masterwork that ceaselessly pummels you with it's awesomeness from start to finish.

Even the jazzy radio broadcast makes for a nice way to finish the album.

I've listened to Underground and Frontline once each. Both very good, worthy followups even if not quite the same caliber as the original.

A toss up between the two right now, but I'm leaning towards Frontline I think -- that opening statement of the main theme nearly gave me chills.

Both songs were... disappointing. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Even the meager Allied Assault has a lot to offer. ( :worship: Schmerzen )

This series obviously belongs to Giacchino, but I've been warming to Lennertz' music.

The thing is, he has some nice ideas that start to pull me in but then the short track times kill them before they seem to really get going.

Tomorrow I'll take Djawadi for a spin before taking things full circle and finishing with Airborne.

It's funny that the amount of European Assault material on the bonus disc is more than was on the OST :lol:

Hah. The booklet didn't indicate music had been reused for that one like the other Assaults, so I was wondering why it was only 30 min.

Doh! Check the bonus disc.

Giacchino's music is clearly the best of this entire set. Lennertz's music is good but lacks the heart of Giacchino's.

Ok, here's the $50 question. Anyone know what order the bonus cues go in with the scores?

I'm surprised you consider Lennertz' efforts below Giacchino's. Djawadi's definitely, but Lennertz did a fine job.

Nah, I'd say they did about the same job, just with different styles.

Both are all style and no substance.

But then, I have on occasion held opinions that make people go WTF?