What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Shark still watches music videos?

What is this, 1985?!

4 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

(Not a political statement, just a funny image in the news)

I hafta put a disclaimer before my posts.

You know, like Disney does before programs that have " offensive content".

Thanks but not to worry.

It's my profession.

I'll have one here soon!😊

Didn't you ever notice how many different cat portraits I post?

Did you think I was a male version of a ' cat lady"?

Lol.

8 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Didn't you ever notice how many different cat portraits I post?

So you're a cat keeper?

9 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Did you think I was a male version of a ' cat lady"?

Uh... yes.

21 hours ago, The Big Man said:

I just remember the titty bit

Is that the bit where he manages the gives the hooker an orgasm despite his non-functioning cock? 

The power of Scientology, ladies and gentlemen! 

7 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Is that the bit where he manages the gives the hooker an orgasm despite his non-functioning cock? 

The power of Scientology, ladies and gentlemen! 

COMING HOME

Prisoners

Finally got around to watching this one, but honestly thought it’d be much better based on the comments I’ve read over the years.

First half is mostly fine, but it goes on for way too long and has some questionable plot points. Ultimately, the characters never get to shine and it boils down to lame red herrings and a twist ending. 

Taken - lean 'n' mean actioner that sparked a unexpected 'middle-aged ass-kicker' career direction for Liam Neeson. The shoddiness of the second one left me with no desire to see the third, from what I gather things don't improve in it.   

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Taken - lean 'n' mean actioner that sparked a unexpected 'middle-aged ass-kicker' career direction for Liam Neeson. The shoddiness of the second one left me with no desire to see the third, from what I gather things don't improve in it.   

Yeah.

I skipped the sequels.

But " I.have . a particular set of skills " became a meme

30 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I skipped the sequels.

A wise decision because the second one is truly horrible. First one is a classic amongst that type of Liam Neeson action thrillers. 

12 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Prisoners

Finally got around to watching this one, but honestly thought it’d be much better based on the comments I’ve read over the years.

My favorite Villeneuve! 

Kong, skull island. Well, I thought this was going to be a remake of Peter Jackson’s version with a great cast and a normal running time. That would have been good.

The good news is that it contained a few nice surprises: Kong made his entrance pretty soon, the sound mix was great, Peter Jackson was indeed as good as ever and Hiddleston was not your typically ignored scientist.

The bad news is that it’s so shallow that I couldn’t get invested in any of the people. Yeah, John Goodman died and I will miss him, my man, but it all happened too quickly. The natives story started with a nice twist, but then I felt being lectured to, especially when I started noticing all the Heart of Darkness references. Hiddleston’s incessant pop music was so incongruous with the tone of the movie and the rest of the score, which safe for a few cues is unremarkable, that it became distracting. And this garbage is getting a sequel, apparently. Sweet.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, Jay said:

Prisoners > Arrival > Blade Runner 2049 > Sicario > Enemy

I'm very fond of PrisonersArrival, and BR2049, and wouldn't really want to pick one above the other. One thing that must be mentioned about Prisoners is Deakins' cinematography. For a film of its kind, it's almost outrageously elegant (and yet absolutely unintrusive).

I like Sicario, but I was actually more mesmerised by Enemy in all its Lynchian weirdness. I liked it far better than I'd expected based on the ratings.

Speaking of which, I watched The Good Liar two days ago. Also found it much better than the ratings suggested. Yes, you could spot many of the twists a mile off, although that may even have been the point, because there were enough twists on top of twists to still surprise at least me a couple of times. But why should I care about predictability when the overall atmosphere was so well done. And the brilliant performances by McKellen and Mirren make it worth seeing no matter what you think of the content.

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I'm very fond of PrisonersArrival, and BR2049, and wouldn't really want to pick one above the other. One thing that must be mentioned about Prisoners is Deakins' cinematography. For a film of its kind, it's almost outrageously elegant (and yet absolutely unintrusive).

I like Sicario, but I was actually more mesmerised by Enemy in all its Lynchian weirdness. I liked it far better than I'd expected based on the ratings

Agreed. Villeneuve hasn't made a bad film yet, but Prisoners, Arrival and BR2049 are among his very best.