What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Yeah I always liked that movie despite it being regarded as one of the worst comic book movies around. The action scenes in it are cool and the CGI mesmerizing.

High Fidelity

Uh, didn't like this one. The vinyl store scenes are entertaining but half the film is John Cusack reading lines at the audience. Pretty rubbish I have to say.

Oh no... Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is on BBC1, and my daughter is watching. Shiiiit.

Nuke Town is by far the one and only highlight of the whole movie. It's freakin' brilliant and surreal as hell. Finally, it sticks out like a sore thumb being that it is a genuinely beautifully shot sequence. It's weird; in that short couple of minutes, Spielberg framed and staged this Indiana Jones with panache and style, as if he were actually really into it, for a little while. What a shame.

I'm probably not the only one but I think I enjoyed the kids' super 8 zombie movie the best.

4/10?

:shakehead: :shakehead:

4/10 is arsh IMO. I'd give Super 8 3/5 stars for heart. Generous of me.

This just proves movies are overrated.

I like the whole opening sequence. Silly as it is.

Karol

I generally like the whole movie, except for the underuse of Marion and a few plot holes. But I guess I am just an optimist.

Super 8, I do like this film alot but the score annoys me, I keep hearing Star Trek, but the worst thing about the score is it's clearly over shadowed by the ELO and The Knack.

Ma ma ma ma ma my Sharona

High Fidelity

Uh, didn't like this one. The vinyl store scenes are entertaining but half the film is John Cusack reading lines at the audience. Pretty rubbish I have to say.

Rubbish because it incorporates the fourth wall? It's obviously adapted from a book, but that doesn't make it any less superb in its execution. Cusack is pretty much perfect in this one, his monologues and asides are extremely well done; his mannerisms and mood are great. "Reading lines at the audience" he most definitely is not. It helps if you listen to music that's not John Williams too. Using Dylan and The Velvet Underground = win.

Expendables 2: I was more entertained than I thought I would be.

Do you think its better than the first? A friend of mine saw it and complained that it was "cornier" which made the first one better in his opinion.

How does one make a movie any more corny than the first?

By adding outrageous amount of old action stars into the cast and having Chuck Norris in a few scenes being Chuck Norris.

But it was just a hilarious film and I think it was even more about homaging the action movies of old and making humorous nods at the stars and their action star status. In this respect it was a bit less a vehicle of its own than the first film and more of a campy walk down the action film memory lane.

Ah well that makes sense then...I can see my buddy being disappointed with that, though myself I'm sure I would have a good time with a film like that :)

How does one make a movie any more corny than the first?

By adding outrageous amount of old action stars into the cast and having Chuck Norris in a few scenes being Chuck Norris.

But it was just a hilarious film and I think it was even more about homaging the action movies of old and making humorous nods at the stars and their action star status. In this respect it was a bit less a vehicle of its own than the first film and more of a campy walk down the action film memory lane.

So like KotCS then, but without having to worry about making a complete mockery of previous entries in the series.

Sounds ideal!

you can look at Chuck Norris two ways.

1. He wears a bad wig and isn't tough enough to go bald.

2. He wears a bad wig and doesn't blink an eye about it.

Chuck Norris does not wear a wig. The impossibly thick locks on his head are simply too scared to fall out, fearful of being roundhouse kicked as they fall to the floor.

then call it a rug, that is a horrible wig.

Chuck Norris does not wear a rug. The impossibly thick locks on his head are simply too scared to fall out, fearful of being roundhouse kicked as they fall to the floor.

Who forced you to go and see it?

A friend persuaded me to go. I had fun and good laughs while watching the movie so it was more fun than I initially thought.

chuck norris wears a toupee, and a bad one at that. he's a phoney

you can look at William Shatner two ways.

William Shatner wears a toupee, and a bad one at that. he's a phoney

chuck norris movies are so bad that you can't pick the best you must go with the least worst.

Unlike Chuck Bill Shatner admits he wears a rug.

you're adaption of my post was as success as the dutch defense of the Netherlands during WWII

KIRK>texas ranger

and yet somehow you're alive. It's Alive, It's alive, alive.....

the hair on chucks head died.

before I mowed the lawn I watched Blade II, Vampire with weird faces.

My grandparents went on a trip out of town the day the Germans bombed Rotterdam, destructor their home.

My grandfather later jumped a train that was taking him to a concentration camp.

Blade 2 is a good film. Vampires that feast on blood rather then engage in boring love triangles and look sullen and depressed all the time.

My uncle was killed by the Germans too.

I noticed the vampires did not glitter. Glittering is fine for a disco ball not a vampire.

you can look at Chuck Norris two ways.

One does not simply look at Chuck Norris. He decides when you are able to see him.

The presence of Chuck Norris wopuld stop the film from being good.

in most cases I agree but I do like the Bruce Lee film Way of the Dragon where he kills chuck norris.

One of the few films I've ever walked out on was some pos film called Good Guys where Black. chuckypoo starred in it.

I Robot

Entry level sci-fi aimed at 14 year olds.

We adults can see that this script is obvious and manipulative and spells everything out for you. But at a young age?

To teenagers this will seem deep and mind blowing, plus it has cool CGI and Will Smith.

Films like this are useful because it will get young people interested in sci-fi, and one day they will watch the true classics.

I'd love to see a really great film being made about Asimov's laws of robotics though? There's a wealth of possibilities there for a really good sci-fi film that deals with the themes of I Robot in a serious way.

Asimov's robots are cool, but then he has stuff like The End of Eternity (this one for me) and The Gods Themselves (this one for Alex) that could make awesome films.

Cinema needs to try harder science-fiction. It needs to get past the Philip K. Dick stage and do what cinema can do mixing science and fiction visually. I want an Stanislaw Lem of movies. :(