What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

The Godfather and The Godfather Part II.

Still staggering after so many years and so many times. A colossal achievement in filmmaking.

Cabin in the Woods.

It was really silly and dumb. Yet, I couldn't stop watching. Go figure.

Karol

Yeah I don't get all the reviews saying it's whip smart meta-fiction; to me it has nothing worthy to say about the present movie culture except what we have already long known. It's a shallow horror picture, albeit one with a pretty unique premise behind it. But you know what? Not every unique idea is a great idea. It is like you said entertaining, though, and all in it's a decent enough flick. 3/5

It's one of two upcoming home release movies I have on priority watch. It and The Hunger Games I unfortunately missed at the cinema.

Skip The Hunger Games. Can't say anything about Cabin in the Woods (having not seen it and all).

Phantom of the Opera - awesome. The music is great, the visuals are great. Some bad lip syncing though.

Very poor choice of singers, though.

I watched Thunderball for the first time.

Man, this movie is awesome! It starts with Bond punching a man in a dress in the face, escaping in a jetpack, and ends after jumping from a boat that is going like 500mph and flying through the air tugged on a cable by an airplane. Not to mention making love to a woman under water somehow....a ton of underwater scenes that are quite marvelous and of course a top notch John Barry score. Sweeeeeeeeet!

rescue_dawn_ver4.jpg

6/10

Could've been a 7/10 but the uneven second part prevents that.

Alex

impawards doesn't allow external sites to use their images; All any of us are seeing is a xed out box. If you are going to use impawards images, you'll have to re-post the one you want to imageshack or the like first

Expendables 2

I went in expecting to hate this (like I did the first), but this is just a hoot to watch. The movie just throws plot and logic out of the window, and it's better for that. Some of the puns and one-liners are groan-worthy and/or were spoiled in the trailers. But if you're looking for mindless, bloody action 1980s style, then you'll probably dig this. Not enough Jet Li or Nan Yu action either.

You could see they blew all their budget on the opening action sequence though.

Take away the old timers trying to have one last laugh angle and it's a pretty damn shoddy movie all around, but as it is it's still acceptable I guess.

And yes there definitely wasn't enough Jet Li. His 10 second fight scene was the best of them all.

Take away the old timers trying to have one last laugh angle and it's a pretty damn shoddy movie all around, but as it is it's still acceptable I guess.

Time has not been kind to Lundgren, van Damme, and Schwarzenegger. Out of the geriatric action stars now, it seems like Willis, Stallone and Norris have aged with dignity.

EX2 is just ludicrously bad, but it's the fun kinda bad. I can see why people would hate it, but if you're in the right mindset, it can be a lot of fun.

Skip The Hunger Games

Why, it's a very good movie

It's not a very good movie and its not a bad one either. Its an average film (and an overrated one at that) with all the typical elements needed to attract younger viewers and the shaky cam on put steroids. There really isn't much to get out of it. Meh is a very appropriate word to describe it. 6/10

You can't say this is an average flick and give it a 6 out of 10!

6/10 means it's above average! Get your shit straight, Merciful K!

Think of this way. 50% isn't an "average" grade, its a bad one right? I basically gave the film a 60%, which isn't good but very average.

:lol:

Phantom of the Opera - awesome. The music is great, the visuals are great. Some bad lip syncing though.

Very poor choice of singers, though.

Is it worth getting the original cast recording? The Phantom can be a little rough sometimes, but I wondered if maybe that was an intentional decision given his character. Also the two producers weren't always in sync. I thought the women and Ralph were pretty good.

Time has not been kind to Lundgren, van Damme, and Schwarzenegger. Out of the geriatric action stars now, it seems like Willis, Stallone and Norris have aged with dignity.

EX2 is just ludicrously bad, but it's the fun kinda bad. I can see why people would hate it, but if you're in the right mindset, it can be a lot of fun.

Yeah Willis sticks out like a sore thumb because he still looks like a current action star instead of an old fart like all the others!

I really just wanted some plain ol' dumb fun. But I expect it to at least have some kind of ingenuity or creativity when it comes to the action scenes, and having the classic old timers do them as a delicious icing on the cake. The opening sequence had some of this, but everything after just lacked any pulse and was utterly reliant on its faded stars. The movie would also have been much better served without the whole po-faced Liam Hemsworth/the chinese lady side of story.

I enjoyed Expendables 2 , it was way better than the first one.

"Rest in Pieces"

will be a classic line .I really laughed there

Skip The Hunger Games

Why, it's a very good movie

It's not a very good movie and its not a bad one either. Its an average film (and an overrated one at that) with all the typical elements needed to attract younger viewers and the shaky cam on put steroids. There really isn't much to get out of it. Meh is a very appropriate word to describe it. 6/10

I think the overall level of acting from the cast elevates it above that.

"There's one more!"

It was a hilarious scene!

I thought the RIP line was cringeworthy though. I'm sure I've seen that line used countless times before in online chat rooms and forums and memes. The whole Ahnuld "I'm back" lines also got grating.

The movie would also have been much better served without the whole po-faced Liam Hemsworth/the chinese lady side of story.

You have to admit, Liam Hemsworth's

onscreen demise is one of the funniest scenes in the film

. It's just so ludicrously overdone, that it kills any sympathy for Mr. Miley Cyrus' character and the rest of the Expendables.

I thought Nan Yu, even though she barely stood out, helped break up the excess testosterone from time to time. It felt like she was being groomed for Stallone's possible love interest, but they curtailed that fortunately. She was pretty badass in the few action scenes she had.