Another new Williams release coming soon!

Jay

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSM did say lots of silver age classics in their last 10 didn't they?

Lukas did not mention that in his post, no

http://www.filmscore...articleID/6706/

Read that post again my friend!

"Look for some big Silver Age thrills and surprises in those last ten CDs!"

FSM is not doing Universal titles, though. If Intrada is the culprit, DRACULA just may be it, but i doubt it.

STAR WARS music had so much exposure, international law shoud have found a way by now of preventing more releases, even if the mindless fan will snap up each and every one of them (it's a sort of illness, isn't it?).

So that leaves the most sensible clue, HOOK by Lala...and if they don't, we all have good reason to be mightily pissed after all those hush- hush hints.

My loser hint: THE COWBOYS or THE REIVERS for beloved Silver Age scores nobody really needs anymore at this point.

In fear of being disappointed by setting my hopes too high I decline even to ponder on what this next release could be.

Psssst. I hope it is Hook

I think Mike meant the "ink" on the interview was paint that takes 48 or mroe hours to dry. Then ad another coat.

I see shit announced.

We can just hope Mattesino's "soon" is not like with Spielberg or Lucas since to them it means 6 months or more. ;)

I hope it will be either The Lost World or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

We need Josh to make a poll about what the release Mike referred to is :)

:lol:

Too much work listing all the scores it could be...

We are perhaps the most nitpicky obsessive and compulsive bunch of people I know. :lol: We can analyze and fret and tear to pieces even the smallest of hints and sentences as long as JW is somehow involved or if there is a possible CD release in the horizon.

JWFAN: Taking the passion for music to another (disturbing) level!

We are perhaps the most nitpicky obsessive and compulsive bunch of people I know. :lol: We can analyze and fret and tear to pieces even the smallest of hints and sentences as long as JW is somehow involved or if there is a possible CD release in the horizon.

Hey, don't throw me in with the rest of 'em!

Hey, don't throw me in with the rest of 'em!

You are in with the rest of us whether you like it or not! You may think you're out but we will pull you back every time!

The most obsessive I was was probably when POA was released.

Damn! Back then, nothing, even the tiniest scrap of new info, was unimportant.

And that time could come back my friend! Embrace the dark side! Use my knowledge, I beg you! It is the only way to safe your JW enthusiasm!

palpatineanakin.jpg

I'm sure Mike Matessino made a mistake and meant, there will be a new GOLDSMITH release before the ink is dry.

Yeah, right! Or maybe he meant HANS ZIMMER!

The most obsessive I was was probably when POA was released.

Damn! Back then, nothing, even the tiniest scrap of new info, was unimportant.

And that time could come back my friend! Embrace the dark side! Use my knowledge, I beg you! It is the only way to safe your JW enthusiasm!

I am still enthusastic, of course, very much so, but I wouldn't say I am obsessive... not anymore. I think I've grown up. ;)

More or less one year ago, Lukas Kendall wrote that they were looking into the Columbia/CBS catalogue for potential releases and The Reivers was part of the titles available. I wouldn't be surprised if an expanded release of this will be part of FSM's final countdown.

Now Reivers release would be cool! I don't have the score yet. I have been kind of waiting for an expanded/complete score release.

How about A.I. (an official release this time), War of the Worlds, Minority Report, JFK, Nixon, Born on the Fourth of July...

I would infact love a Oliver Stone/John Williams collaboration box with complete scores from their 3 collaborations. :)

I think it will be a Tintin 2 c.d. set

A pipe dream. KM we have to scrape every DVD and every game for lossy sfx-ridden scraps of Tintin music for the next 15 years. Then they release expanded version of the OST CD with 3 minutes of extra music and a bunch of dialogue + remixes of several pieces of music that were either inspired loosely by the comic or completely unrelated to the film.

I don't understand people who "want to have every scrap of music no matter what" either.

I just want the CD, and if I notice a good cue in the movie that is NOT on the CD, I would want to have that too. But not every scrap of music that I won't listen to anyway...

I don't understand people who "want to have every scrap of music no matter what" either.

I just want the CD, and if I notice a good cue in the movie that is NOT on the CD, I would want to have that too. But not every scrap of music that I won't listen to anyway...

I think eskimoes would have placed you on an ice raft but we here at JWFan banish people to wilderness for saying such things. Ostracism!

Please no titles from the 60s or 70s! We have enough of those already.

Actually most of Williams yet-unreleased scores is stuff from those decades. I wish we would see more premiere releases of stuff that's NEVER been published in any form, like The Screaming Woman, Pete 'n' Tillie, Story of a Woman... not to mention many fabulous TV scores for shows like Alcoa Premiere Theater, Kraft Suspense Theater and Playhouse 90.

Please no titles from the 60s or 70s! We have enough of those already.

Actually most of Williams yet-unreleased scores is stuff from those decades. I wish we would see more premiere releases of stuff that's NEVER been published in any form, like The Screaming Woman, Pete 'n' Tillie, Story of a Woman... not to mention many fabulous TV scores for shows like Alcoa Premiere Theater, Kraft Suspense Theater and Playhouse 90.

Well, have you seen these movies?

I can't judge these scores because I haven't, but generally I prefer his scores from the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

Live and let live, my friend. Live and let live.

Yes that's about the humor of it. ;)

Since Matessino works across the labels on projects, the upcoming release could be by any of them. Seeing that FSM is doing only 10 releases more to go we could assume they would want to take on a bigger JW score (hopefully) after Not with My Wife You Don't Vol 2. Intrada hasn't done a JW release in a while and LLL is just releasing 1941.

The titles mentioned by Maurizio would be welcome as well to get the less known early Williams from more dramatic films and series released for the first time.

Well, have you seen these movies?

I can't judge these scores because I haven't, but generally I prefer his scores from the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

I haven't seen all of them, but I listened to various "incarnations" of those scores and I think they're surely worth a release. Everyone has his own preferences, of course, and I too love so much Williams' scores of the 80s, 90s and so on--but, hey, I'm a John Williams' fan! I love ALL of his stuff and I want to see everything released. I think we should celebrate every time any JW release pops up instead of being whiny and nit-picky like you.

I don't even have all the JW titles from the 60s and 70s that are available now.

But I do have most releases from the 80s, and all the releases from the 90s, 00s, and the 2010s.

I think we should celebrate every time any JW release pops up...

Exactly my sentiments! :thumbup:

My only gripe is that my wallet is not so full that I could get even all the previous JW releases from the specialty labels. But at least I have something on my shopping list for the near future. :)

Yeah, my wallet suffers too, especially in this period between rent, bills, car insurance and maintenance... ouch! In fact, during 2011 I purchased very, very few CDs. I think 1941 will be the first one in months--I'll couple it with Not With My Wife Vol.2.

However, about potential releases, I think we have a lot of options:

. Intrada could very well release a complete Dracula--it's Universal and the OST album was MCA. I see Fake & co. doing a definitive 2-CD set release much like 1941

. FSM will surely have a Williams title in their final countdown. My bet it's that it will be an expanded The Cowboys or The Reivers. Maybe they'll throw an obscure JW 1960s score in the mix as well, who knows (something like Sgt. Ryker or Gidget Goes to Rome).

. Varèse could also have several Williams' titles in their plans--after Family Plot, I think they'll delve into the Universal catalogue and will release gems like The Secret Ways, Midway, The Eiger Sanction and Earthquake.

I hope for Hook like last year and you rarely get dissapointed two years in a row ;)

But i wouldn't be angry if they release a remastered Starwars Box (i also remember a hint by Doug), maybe even a complete Harry Potter "BlueBox" or TheLostWorld instead

JWFAN: Taking the passion for music to another (disturbing) level!

:lol:

Well, Neil posted about the 1941 screening last night, and there was no mention of another Williams title coming from La-La Land.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess there's an FSM release being announced today or tomorrow