Another new Williams release coming soon!

Jay

I'm totally in for a Jaws 2 reissue, as I haven't been able to put my hand on the hard-to-find, much expensive Varese CD. It will come out at some time, for sure!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to eventually replace most of these aging rare Varese albums with 1941-style reissues. The 1941 album is now pointless to own. Complete sets retaining the albums take up less space and serve me well.

expanded varese catalog reissues: YES

direct varese catalog reissues: NO

There is so much unreleased better music than a simple reissue.

A simple reissue now can jinx a complete release in a few years due to copyright reasons.

It's nice to want to own the pressed CD but really if you have it in lossless already, this kind of posts only may make the labels think we primarily care for reissues or certain scores.

Just my 2 cents, though everyone is entitled to their opininons

That settles it!

Jaws is is then!

By the Imperial degree of JWFan.com this has been ratified. So it has been said, so it shall be.

Well, Brody is saying there, "Why don't you come down here and chomp on some of this shit..."

Maybe we're just getting some shit next week. A straight re-issue of an LP everybody wanted complete; a re-recording of a score everybody wanted, done on synths by some random composer; a complete release of a score everybody wanted, minus two key action cues; an obscure musical.

A definitive Jaws release would be more than welcome. The OST album cries out a decent remastering.

Funny how irrationally conservative that last sentence made me feel initially.

A re-mastered straight re-issue of Dracula, with the unreleased music and original film cues out of reach forever

3/4 of the board will be happy for those that don't have the OOP album and with a slightly improved sound quality

I am afraid your attempt to become the Imperial Majesty Stefan the First of JWFan Message Board has been toppled by image problems. A better PR staff is obviously needed.

A definitive Jaws release would be more than welcome. The OST album cries out a decent remastering.

Funny how irrationally conservative that last sentence made me feel initially.

Well, it needs to be remastered properly, but avoiding contemporary tricks like overcompresson (i.e. loudness) and severe peak limiting.

La-La Land's final batch of the year is announced of November 25th, yes. But the other Williams CD Matessino worked on could be coming from any label, big or small, we have no idea