Another new Williams release coming soon!

Jay

This is what I think, lol: The next announced Williams release is NOT Hook, just like what was first said. But now since there is a mention of two different upcoming Williams releases, then I am thinking the following one will be Hook, whatever this next announced one may be.

Perhaps? :)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I think about Hook really. I tried to get my hopes up last year and this year

I think you guys saw hints where there weren't any

I don't think a 2 c.d. set will happen in the next few years, if at all . So hold on to those bootlegs.

But I think JP is possible

I really think we can expect Hook before the year's over. Last year's speculation was less justified...as far as I know MV wasn't dropping Hook-related hints until after the last LLL batch of last year.

Because it is

Look i love that 1941 is released , but to me it's small potatoes compared to Hook.I'm hoping the "big" JW release this year is Hook, not 1941

I'll buy anything that's not a 60's comedy score for sure.

K.m. Who listened to NWMWYD (Vol.1) for the first time today and not sure he wants to attempt Vol.2. Seriously it's some of the lamest things I heard from JW

WTH is NWMWYD again?

:P

NWMWYD=Not With My Wife You Don't. Vol. 2 with the actual score tracks was released recently. FSM released the OST album presentation a good while back and this new release is to complement it.

yeah that's what I said. I only listen to the OST up to now

No seriously , what annoys me is getting worked up for Hook or the likes , then oh, it's Bachelor Flat, sorry.

but last year made me very happy with Family Plot. that is a highlight in recent Williams releases

Hey it's not Star Wars, ut it has some very charming music. To say it's lame is just not true. It's some other kind of music of course.

I Love It!

EDIT: I'm talking about Not With My Wife You Don't (Vol.1&2)

On second thought, nope. I won't be getting the 60s and 70s scores any time soon.

I promised myself to get anything post Jaws that I can get my hands on, and I will stick to that.

Well you can go Post 1970 like me

there's some good stuff between 1970 and 1975 like Poseidon Adventure

Oh and in the 60's Lost in Space is among my favorite Williams scores (and I seem to be one of the few on the MB who likes it so much)

I'll buy anything that's not a 60's comedy score for sure.

Vice versa, I'll buy anyone one of those that aren't already released and stay a long way away from expansions of perfectly fine soundtracks, whether it's HOOK or SCHMOOK or whatever.

So basically the opposite of you.

I'm sure one of us will be pleased. :)

I love the film score world. I go to bed excited about one new Williams release, I wake up to their being TWO new releases announced soon!

I think if the 2 releases are related in any way, the only possibilities are:

Jaws & Jaws 2

Jurassic Park & The Lost World

Star Wars PT & Star Wars OT

Star Wars Complete Saga & Indiana Jones Complete Saga

If the two scores are unrelated, it could be anything!

My guess is Dracula and Jaws 2.... released by FSM

Your giving everyone false hopes. all this talk about Dracula, JP, SW Prequels...delusions of grandeur

The absolute worst case scenario would be Dracula, just an OST re-master with no unreleased music. I fully expect it after Spacecamp and Monsignor

Star Wars and Indy are out of question, imho, for all the reasons we know.

Jurassic Park/The Lost World make sense, as they're also being released on Blu-ray with a big promotional campaign.

I honestly think it's more likely they will be expanded versions of Dracula and The Reivers or The Cowboys.

I wonder, if it is Jurassic Park and The Lost World, if they are released by one of our beloved independent labels like FSM or Varese, or if they would be released by Universal Music themselves? If Universal Music was indeed releasing them, I can't imagine them doing the first 2 and not also doing Jurassic Park 3. I also can't imagine them being smart enough to hire Mike Matessino. I also can't imagine them letting a small label do it. I think we got lucky with 1941.

But FSM acquiring the rights to Dracula and Jaws 2 (and The Reivers and The Cowboys) and hiring Matessino to work on it? That I can see.

Maybe it's A.I. / Minority Report, or Catch Me If You Can / The Terminal!

But FSM acquiring the rights to Dracula and Jaws 2 (and The Reivers and The Cowboys) and hiring Matessino to work on it? That I can see.

How much music is missing from the Jaws 2 album anyway?

That's 3 titles, not 2. And I can't see Warner Brothers being smart enough to hire Matessino either (or being smart enough to allow FSM to handle an expansion)

Not a lot, but that doesn't mean a label wouldn't make a profit from re-releasing it if they were able to obtain the rights. The OST is long out of print, after all.

Not a lot, but that doesn't mean a label wouldn't make a profit from re-releasing it if they were able to obtain the rights. The OST is long out of print, after all.

Well, I guess. I was just wondering whether it would make sense for me to get it if it was released, since I have the VS edition.

Every re-release by one of our beloved labels is worth getting. The improved sound quality, the complete score, the excellent liner notes that provide new insights into the score. Since they've been including the OSTs lately too, you can always sell the OST to help pay for the new one.

Yeah, I know I will get it eventually, but it would still be more exciting to get a release of a score we don't have much music of yet...

At the end of my exclusive interview with Mike Matessino about "1941 - Expanded" that can be read here, Mike had this to say:

Mike, thanks so much for giving us some of your valuable time. Before you go, any hints you can give us on what Williams releases could be coming down the pipeline soon?

There’s one I worked on that I expect will be announced before the ink completely dries on this interview.

Any ideas? (No, I didn't press him for more information, and I honestly have no idea what he's referring to).

Could it be that maybe MM was screwing with you? I am just asking because the ink should be dry by now.... ;)

Mike posted on the FSM messageboard confirming that there is a new Williams release being announced soon (actually 2), so no he wasn't screwing with me

Why would they waste money on releasing Potter 1 while we have a perfect sounding sessions bootleg?

Or better yet: A perfect-sounding OFFICIAL soundtrack!

This is the first time I've questioned your guys' sanity. Star Wars, Indy, Termjnal, Catch Me If You Can??? Seriously? This news has gone to your head so much that you convinced KM that Hook isn't coming. Trust me KM, I've never been more sure about a score release before. We'll have it in November.

I wonder, if it is Jurassic Park and The Lost World, if they are released by one of our beloved independent labels like FSM or Varese, or if they would be released by Universal Music themselves? If Universal Music was indeed releasing them, I can't imagine them doing the first 2 and not also doing Jurassic Park 3. I also can't imagine them being smart enough to hire Mike Matessino. I also can't imagine them letting a small label do it. I think we got lucky with 1941.

I'd love for the trilogy to have a complete release, but even with a possible JP/TLW complete set, I dont see davis getting the expanded treatment anytime soon.

Doesn't matter anyways, cause that complete leaked as is.

Albeit...in..not so great sound quality...