Brand New Tintin samples appear on Cinezik.org, Amazon and Qobuz

eitam

If you google search for 886979758827, you get tons and tons of hits on european websites selling the CD. Surely one of them must have new samples! Who wants to click them all? :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you google search for 886979758827, you get tons and tons of hits on european websites selling the CD. Surely one of them must have new samples! Who wants to click them all? :)

I clicked most of them, but nada... Even saw that 19 track version a couple of times...

Well, at least 11 cues, only 4 of which have turned up on the OST samples so far. And 3 of those 4 are actually for the

flashback to the Francis/Rackham/Unicorn story

which happens during the desert sequence in the film. I haven't heard any "real" desert music yet in any samples.

Well, the first trailer kinda gives it away. And it had to happen somewhere else, since Tintin doesn't meet Haddock until he's onboard the Karaboudjan.

Want new samples ?

http://www.qobuz.com/album/the-adventures-of-tintin-various/0886443177178?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_content=blue|68&utm_campaign=58364

There are 1 minute long samples; if I'm not mistaking, there is some new (good) music...

Sir Francis And The Unicorn sounds ... WOW....

PS. I see these credits when you select a track:

Jason Richmond, Coordinator - Jo Ann Kane Music Service, Preparer - John Williams, Composer - John Williams, Conductor - John Williams, Performer - John Williams, Producer - Patricia Sullivan Fourstar, Mastering Engineer - Peter Rotter, Contractor - Ramiro Belgardt, Edited By - Randy Spendlove, Executive Producer - Sandy De Crescent, Contractor - Shawn Murphy, Mixing Engineer - Shawn Murphy, Recording Engineer - Copyright : (P) 2011 Paramount Pictures, under exclusive license to Sony Music Entertainment

Sir Francis And The Unicorn sounds ... WOW....

I expected Elfman's Batman theme to start any second... :whistle:

Well, the first time I heard Batman back in '89 I was waiting for The Fury to start so I guess we've gone full circle.

Interesting - The cinezik.org samples are being streamed from qobuz also.

Here's the URL, for example, that cinezik uses for track 3:

http://sample.qobuz....&profile=widget

And here's the URL directly from these new qobuz site:

http://streaming.qob...b=3&fmt=mp3_320

They both seem to start from the same position, for all tracks.. Only difference being the new (latter) links are 60 seconds in length.

Btw, love the brief quote of Snowy's Theme at the end of "The Secret of the Scrolls" sample.

The floutist sure had fun!

Reminds me a bit of "Secrets of the Castle" from PoA (the bird scene).

Sounds more fantastic every day! Some random thoughts:

- I don't get the hate towards The Adventures of Tintin. If there's one thing that Johnny can do like nobody else in the world is jazz. It's his soul. And as a personal fan of jazz in general, Williams voice in this particular genre is so unique that it's a shame that it gets overlooked. It's a great track, one of my favorites so far.

- Love the Piano work in Snowy's Theme. Maybe this will encourage Williams to finally write a Piano Concerto?

- Noticed some George Bruns influences, particularly in Snowy's Chase and the very end of The Flight to Baggar, particularly in the mickey-mousey stuff. Also noticed some Carl Stalling and Raymond Scott. Such a pleasure to hear this!

- Regarding some more about the jazz, I love to hear that this isn't relegated only to the first track. We can hear a little more of jazz in Introducing the Thompsons and Capturing Mr. Silk. Christian Clemmensen is going to hate this, though :P

- Sir Francis and the Unicorn... Like Roald said: WOW. Incredible, simply incredible. I can totally picture the burning ships in the middle of the storm.

- And lastly, I hope this score interests Pixar into hiring Johnny! Could be great :lol:

I only listened to them once, and that's all for now.

I don't want to sit in the cinema "Oh, great music!!!!!!! w00t!!!" and continue to watch the film whilst only listening to the music.

Excited for the album though. (after i watched the film)

More praise for Williams' score:

"It’s in these scenes, presumably the toughest for the director to build with these unfamiliar tools, that “The Adventures of Tintin” nonetheless feels most effortlessly Spielbergian, with John Williams’s insistently clangy score (most interesting when it creeps, “Catch Me If You Can”-style) a comfort even when it overbears."

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-contention/posts/review-fun-frisky-tintin-pages-indiana-jones