Elfman/Burton concert in London (October 7th, 2013 @ Royal Albert Hall)

TownerFan

You too, Karol. And all the other JWFANers I met in Vienna and London.

For me, these fan meetings are almost as crucial a part of the concert events as the concerts themselves.

Well, he's been performing on-stage for a large part of his career through his Oingo Boingo days, but not in 18 years. Plus, he's 60 years old so one would think that affects the voice somewhat. But it didn't. It was just a mouthdropping marvel from start to finish.

Wow! Elfman is really excellent, and yes he sounds just the same as 20 years ago. Even the maniacal laughs and giggles of Jack are fantastic!

Is Elfman reading the lyrics for Oogie Boogie's song? He didn't have to for any of the Jack songs...

Yes, he was consulting the lyrics quite often.

Amen to that!

Is Elfman reading the lyrics for Oogie Boogie's song? He didn't have to for any of the Jack songs...

I've not seen him reading anything.

By the way, watching the Batman suite video now. I didn't remember that they added chorus to Catwoman theme as well. Sounds brilliant.

Karol

Watch the Oogie Boogie video... he's reading the lyrics! I didn't notice him doing that for any of the Jack songs posted earlier.

Listening to the Batman suite now myself. The extra choir and other instruments is awesome!

Hey thank you for linking the videos! I'll watch them after I get back home from work.

I don't think the RAH performance was filmed. In fact, I think Richard Kraft told us this during the get-together. However, they aimed to film a few of the later performances.

Karol already said it all in his splendid report, so not much more to add than to say it was one of the best concerts I've ever attended for sure. Personal highlights were of course Elfman and Bonham Carter performing, but also very much Sleepy Hollow, Mars Attacks!, Planet of the Apes, the "Christmas Eve Montage" segment, and a couple of easter eggs like the extended solos.

I had a good time at the pre- and après-concert meetings too, of course - really great meeting Karol and others, and always a great pleasure seeing the MainTitles gang and Thor again. Looking forward to a next occasion!

Sounds like it was an incredible concert :) I hope there is a chance to see it in the future, if they should decide to play more performances in Europe... LA is a bit too far off for my current possibilities...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
6 minutes ago, fommes said:

Tomorrow there is a 10th anniversary concert of this event, again back at the Royal Albert Hall.

I refuse to believe it's been 10 years! :eh:

Feels like 3-4 years ago, max.

3 hours ago, fommes said:

Tomorrow there is a 10th anniversary concert of this event, again back at the Royal Albert Hall.

Wow, it’s been that long. Great memories. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/10/2023 at 7:25 PM, ddddeeee said:

I dunno if he's added suites for Big Eyes or Dumbo, but Wednesday will have a presence tomorrow.

This was on the programme:

IMG_20231007_190344.jpg