La La Land Records - New John Williams release coming Black Friday 2013 [UPDATE: June 2014] [Empire of the Sun]

JohnnyD

Well if it's just #1 we already heard all the music, so it's just a technicality of buying it in c.d. form

The question is how many years before they reach Azcaban

"Oh it's just Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Complete Score. We have already heard that. Now that it is settled, let's dig in our heels and wait for the next two scores."

Are we ungrateful SOBs or what? :lol:

It would be awesome if it was a Potter score but my bet is still on Empire of the Sun or JFK.

Universal Studios title that one. Speculation has been for Warner Bros titles since it was their 90th anniversary this year and this JW title was supposed to come out 2013 but is apparently delayed until next year. But this is of course pure speculation.

Yeah but Far and Away, The Patriot is not something I'd see needing Williams supervision to release. Is Williams even aware of the Rosewood 2 c.d. set?

He'd probably only supervise Spielberg film scores, Star Wars and Harry Potter

I'd be really happy to have the complete first one, to be honest. Even if that's really far from my favourite Williams.

Karol

He still performs Far and Away regularly at concerts. He'd probably want to supervise that one.

Both HP 1 and Far and Away would be winners in my book if they got complete score releases.

That's right there was that Vol.2 bootleg

But I think The Patriot is the Williams score with the most unreleased music that doesn't exist in bootleg form or recording sessions floating around

• 4 weeks later...

Still no word on this new expanded release or what score of the Maestro's it will be, huh? I know it is only January, but I am a little anxious none the less.

My guess is still on Far and Away, or a Spielberg. Empire of the Sun would be nice.

Of course I'd still love for Intrada to give us Born on the Fourth of July too...hopefully that one is just a matter of time.

When will the official announcement be? I am still betting on sometime between February and April. It will be released this year; that is the only thing that is confirmed.

I know that. I was not asking when La La Land will announce when it will announce this release. I was asking when LLL will announce the actual release. A week before the release is fine, I am just waiting for the announcement.

Sorry I got confused because you followed up with specific months. I thought it was already established in the thread that they'll announce it a week before it goes on sale, so I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking.

That is okay. I was making a prediction of when LLL will announce this release: what score of the Maestro's it is, the specific information on this expanded release, etc. I think they will announcement a week before the release, sometime between February and April. That is what I meant.

I'm thinking this might be Hook.

So the time of derp derp derp is finally upon us?

JohnnyD, you need to relax. It will come out as soon as it's finished and approved. There won't be any notice until 1 week before it goes on sale.... unless I can convince MV to let us tease and/or announce it here on JWFan :)

I am not sure if it will be Harry Potter, unless they put Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban in one set. That would be something grand.

Oh, yeah! I saw that a few weeks ago. Maybe this expanded release will be Harry Potter, or maybe not. If it will be Harry Potter, which of the three films will be given the expanded treatment, or will ALL three be given the expanded treatment? I am not sure.

Don't be ridiculous. If they release Potter at all, they'll do the first one by itself and the rest of them individually and in sequence.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it is close to the end of February. Still no word yet…I still think that it will be announced and released in either March or April, if not this month.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so maybe my prediction will not happen. Well, not everyone can be right. I definitely have a feeling that it will be announced and released between May and July, somewhere in that time span.

If my calculations are correct, we still need the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies in a LLL Star Trek: The Motion Picture or FSM box set-style presentation. The complete scores, remastered from the best possible source, correct pitch, album versions (*cough* Empire Strikes Back *cough*) and alternates aplenty. Also, the non-Shawn Murphy remixed E.T. complete score including the incredible music he did for the E.T. Adventure at Universal Studios. Harry Potter complete scores are also a necessity, although I actually see these being done, so I'm not concerned. I also want remastered versions of the Jaws score and album, complete The Lost World and Always, an NBC News and Olympics set (really pushing it, I know), remastered Towering Inferno with the original album and that cue from the finale of Close Encounters where Williams used an old car horn and apparently loved but didn't feel like including on the last CD release...so I guess a new Close Encounters.

This seriously should not be bumped unless the annoucement has been made!

Once the announcement is[/are] made Jason will make 2 separate threads for each of the titles...

Will the Lalaland 300th release that is going to be announced for May, be the Williams one?

It would be a great opportuntity!

edit:

Oh, I guess not:

Let me squelch that fervor right now.

#300 won't happen until June (we hope it's approved soon)

May is gonna be a light month sadly with 1 title on May 6 and most likely 2 on May 20th. Wonderful titles but nothing mind blowing or historic.

MV

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=103058&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=774#bottom

Hmmmm... but since it needs approval... maybe it's from Williams and Spielberg? :drool: