Williams's Most Badass Cues

Sharkissimo

The Trek is even badder.

The Hunt gets the edge.

I don't like the "forced" statement of the JP theme in there.

Lately, this has become one of my favourite Williams cues:

The Trek is even badder.

The Hunt gets the edge.

Nah. Forced JP statement or not, The Trek is so bad that it doesn't need to drive at 70mph, it just swaggers along at its own pace, with its tyrannosaur-sized bollocks swinging between its legs. To quote Theodore Roosevelt - 'Walk softly and carry a big stick, you shall go far.'

The idea for this thread came from a time long, long ago when I was arguing with some metalhead on Youtube who claimed that Williams only wrote dainty 'fag' music, and had never composed anything as manly or badass as Anvil of Crom, the Rambo theme, TOTAL RECALL Main Title, and so on. I refuted him with these examples, plus some more, and he shut up.

The whole of The Lost World is badass. The Hunt, The Trek, the full Rescuing Sarah cue.

The Lost World came out in 1997 which was about a year before I knew who JW was. But even then I distinctly remember watching the movie with a few friends and mentioning how bad ass the music was when the Raptors appeared.

The idea for this thread came from a time long, long ago when I was arguing with some metalhead on Youtube who claimed that Williams only wrote dainty 'fag' music, and had never composed anything as manly or badass as Anvil of Crom, the Rambo theme, TOTAL RECALL Main Title, and so on. I refuted him with these examples, plus some more, and he shut up.

I would just like to point out, that the given examples there are the main titles / end credits cue. Did JW ever composed a bad ass main title / end credits cue? Certainly the reason why people can remember those bad ass cues is because they're in the titles or the credits cue.

Sounds like the conversation could use a Dead Parrot dramatic reconstruction.

• 3 weeks later...