NEW Williams title coming from La-La Land Records June 16th 2015

Amer

Really?

My most desired non-Star Wars, non-Harry Potter expansions are:

1. The Lost World

2. Jurassic Park (complete this time, and on physical CD)

3. Dracula

4. The Adventures of Tintin

5. The Patriot

I also STRONGLY feel that E.T., Jaws and CE3K deserve properly made, proper sounding 2CD sets containing their complete film scores, all alternates, and their complete original LPs all in one package, and that A.I. Artificial Intelligence deserves a complete release as well, but luckily we have all the ET and Jaws music in various places, the mostly complete expanded Close Encounters release, and the great Oscar 2CD promo for AI to tide us over until some day that any of those can happen.

0%.

I found out during my LA trip that Sony has the exclusive rights to release Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy music through 2020. And if they wanted to release new versions of those scores, it would require motivated executives at Sony, Fox, AND Disney to make it happen - not to mention the approval of Williams.

Don't expect new official releases of the old Star Wars scores any time soon, folks.

So in essence the Disney take-over has made getting new Star Wars releases even harder then it already was?

I've never seen or heard Dracula. I must check it out. I don't know if enough is really missing from JP and TLW for me to really care but I guess I'd buy either if they were released.

0%.

I found out during my LA trip that Sony has the exclusive rights to release Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy music through 2020. And if they wanted to release new versions of those scores, it would require motivated executives at Sony, Fox, AND Disney to make it happen - not to mention the approval of Williams.

Don't expect new official releases of the old Star Wars scores any time soon, folks.

So in essence the Disney take-over has made getting new Star Wars releases even harder then it already was?

Not really as under the old system you'd just change Disney to Lucasfilm I'd imagine.

When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the biggest part was really the ability to make and distribute new Star Wars films themselves.

The rights to release all of the old movies on home video, as well as soundtrack albums for the old movies, still lie with Fox for a very long time, and in the case of the first film, for perpetuity!

I've never seen or heard Dracula. I must check it out. I don't know if enough is really missing from JP and TLW for me to really care but I guess I'd buy either if they were released.

There's only 3 minutes of Jurassic Park missing now, but what really needs to happen is getting the complete score on one disc, without cues overlapping in weird ways.

For The Lost World, there is just a TON of music that wasn't on the OST, including a bunch that wasn't used in the film either so hasn't been heard in 16 years!

Ah OK.

Well I guess I can reveal that MV told me the same thing.

Hopefully the necessary approvals will happen soon. Nothing we, and the guys at LLL, can do but wait!

I agree. Lets hope that its not a big delay to this exquisite release. But I can also add that MV teased as follows " ... 2015 will have some great stuff by him :) "

When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the biggest part was really the ability to make and distribute new Star Wars films themselves.

The rights to release all of the old movies on home video, as well as soundtrack albums for the old movies, still lie with Fox for a very long time, and in the case of the first film, for perpetuity!

Yes, very much this.This is why we haven't seen things like an unaltered OT. There's too much time and money involved to release old material. The real money is in new TV shows and movies. They'll only re-release things they can readily and easily re-release.

I hope it is TLW (or pack with JP).

2015 would be a great release date, to tie them with Jurassic World!

I'd be down for a set featuring complete scores of both, definitely!

Ah OK.

Hopefully the necessary approvals will happen soon. Nothing we, and the guys at LLL, can do but wait!

I agree. Lets hope that its not a big delay to this exquisite release. But I can also add that MV teased as follows " ... 2015 will have some great stuff by him :) "

Who are you and why is MV telling you this stuff?

Then the easiest thin

They'll only re-release things they can readily and easily re-release.

So the 97 or 2011 trilogy release then.

Then the easiest thin

They'll only re-release things they can readily and easily re-release.

So the 97 or 2011 trilogy release then.

Yes.

With the possible exception of the Star Wars prequels and A.I. (I'm not counting the promo), I can't think of any scores that I'm particularly MISSING anything from the OST releases. With that said, I'll continue to buy (Rosewood and Empire of the Sun are all scores I didn't need more of, but I'm certainly happy to have it).

I hope it is TLW (or pack with JP).

2015 would be a great release date, to tie them with Jurassic World!

I'd be down for a set featuring complete scores of both, definitely!

That would be so awesome, but I don't think something like that will be happening any time soon.

Universal deciding to release an expanded JP on their own gives me no hope they'd license it or TLW to a specialty label any time soon.

a release that will make many people happy?

well..

if we are talking only of expanded-complete releases and not unreleased scores:

A complete A.I. would make me happy (and in chronological order).

Memoirs of a Geisha

and Tintin yes.. (together with unused cues if they were hopefully recorded, which is doubtful)

I doubt there were a lot of deleted scenes for Tintin. The cost and the time consuming nature of rendering animation probably means the film was very carefully storyboarded to avoid shooting anything that would be discarded later. Nut who knows. A few bits and bobs might have been cut out.

Tintin had 2 distinct scoring session, about 1 year apart. One for the rough cut and one for the (nearly) finished cut of the film. Should a complete score release have all the cues from both sessions, even if, in many cases, the differences are miniscule?

I doubt there were a lot of deleted scenes for Tintin. The cost and the time consuming nature of rendering animation probably means the film was very carefully storyboarded to avoid shooting anything that would be discarded later. Nut who knows. A few bits and bobs might have been cut out.

Tintin had 2 distinct scoring session, about 1 year apart. One for the rough cut and one for the (nearly) finished cut of the film. Should a complete score release have all the cues from both sessions, even if, in many cases, the differences are miniscule?

i meant mainly the alternate main titles cues, that Conrad Pope (I think?) had mentioned..

By the way, a Sugarland Express score too, in case Williams changed his mind, would be great toο, just to have something different..

I'd really like to have The Towering Inferno on my shelf. Missed the FSM release.

Me too..

Something i wanted to ask:

So, that means that there is NO Williams till the end of this year from any label?

Do you know anything?

Oh, Ok.

By the way, I miss those FSM Williams releases.

It seemed like the label that would most likely release early vintage Williams.

I don't think lalaland or another label now would release things like The Secret Ways, Daddy's gone A-hunting, The Plainsman and such stuff..

That would be so awesome, but I don't think something like that will be happening any time soon.

Universal deciding to release an expanded JP on their own gives me no hope they'd license it or TLW to a specialty label any time soon.

It's not like they're licensing it to just anyone - they've worked with these labels for years. Plus, publicity essentially comes free with a licensing deal, given the thousands of people waiting for every announcement.

I've never seen or heard Dracula. I must check it out.

I want Dracula so badly, I am in a state of absolute denial that the masters are missing, and that there's no way a label can release it. It's really the last score from the Golden Period (1975-1984) that desperately needs an expansion.

I honestly hope it doesn't come to that. I know I'm narrow-minded in this regard, but I grew up with the film, and there's a certain magic in those original LSO recordings.

I don't think lalaland or another label now would release things like The Secret Ways, Daddy's gone A-hunting, The Plainsman and such stuff..

Of all the major Labels (with a capital L, i.e. focussing on soundtrack releases), FSM was the one that did most of the Golden Age (and I think early Silver Age) releases. That's a gap nobody seems to have filled so far.

Of all the major Labels (with a capital L, i.e. focussing on soundtrack releases), FSM was the one that did most of the Golden Age (and I think early Silver Age) releases. That's a gap nobody seems to have filled so far.

Of all the major Labels, FSM is the one that doesn't exist anymore.

You mean because it wasn't lucrative enough to keep FSM going?

It may not have been the reason FSM shut down, but you have to believe that if their Golden Age releases had been selling like gangbusters, Kendall would be more enthusiastic about keeping the label around a little while longer.

It may not have been the reason FSM shut down, but you have to believe that if their Golden Age releases had been selling like gangbusters, Kendall would be more enthusiastic about keeping the label around a little while longer.

Unfortunately, that sounds like a possibility.

I'd really like to have The Towering Inferno on my shelf. Missed the FSM release.

It's the only official version on CD, but it sounds like shit and it's missing the original album. I'd love for it to become completely obsolete.

Ah OK.

Who are you and why is MV telling you this stuff?

Jason....Why do you keep asking who am i? You and i are even friends on Facebook and MV is a friend too...so there ;)

Well Midway and Family Plot were released by Varese, and those are Silver Age

Yes, but those are more popular.

Only FSM would release such obscure titles like John Goldfarb, A Guide for the Married Man, Not with my Wife you don't, Penelope etc..

Jason....Why do you keep asking who am i? You and i are even friends on Facebook and MV is a friend too...so there ;)

Sorry, I guess I get sensitive about labels getting to announce their own projects instead of fans announcing things for them. But this obviously is the exact opposite of an announcement, just the reveal that a delay happened that he hadn't posted publicly himself yet. Since he has told both you and me that it was delayed, I am sure he doesn't mind it being "out there" that the Williams title they brought up in that radio interview has been delayed.

I was just having a bad day yesterday, sorry about that! Peace and love!

Sorry, I guess I get sensitive about labels getting to announce their own projects instead of fans announcing things for them.

Why?

If fans receive valid and correct info about a possible future score release I for one want to hear it. Regardless of whether the labels would prefer to announce it themselves.

Are you sure you aren't rubbing shoulders with the labels too much? Don't loose perspective.