What film score theme/melody is going through your head right now?

Jay

I've got to give credit where credit's due. The new Djawadi tunes aren't too bad.

It's a shame the commercial album only seems to have the main titles and pop song arrangements. You'd think after releasing the hours of droning from Game of Thrones, HBO would put out more from their next hit, especially when the underscore is actually interesting this time!

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

I'm sure they'll release a more substantial album once the first season is over.

I mean, that short album available album was released when? After the first episode or somewhere around that time, no? Give them time. i'm sure they'll give us more stuff.

And on the Djawadi matter: I think one of the reasons his music we find his music better than usual is because the show his more suited to his "musical sensibilities", so to speak...

I think it was the same with his Iron Man score. When he gets to use an electric guitar in his score he's fine.

Game of Thrones was a project for a much better composer. 

Oh it was definitely shit but it sounded less shit than his Game of Thrones droning. It at least sounded like he's a clue about what he was trying to do. Although that film could just have been scored with AC/DC and Sabbath. 

Even Gia is better than Ramin.

All we need is for Djawadi to score a pretentious sci-fi film, preferably over three hours long, using a minimalist approach and he'll be the new Zimmer. 

8 hours ago, KK said:

It's a shame the commercial album only seems to have the main titles and pop song arrangements. You'd think after releasing the hours of droning from Game of Thrones, HBO would put out more from their next hit, especially when the underscore is actually interesting this time!

That's just an EP of the pop songs from the first 5 episodes; surely another EP of the pop songs from eps 6-10 will come out after that, and then later a true score album for his actual score.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

"Gollum's Song"

It's the best of all 6 Middle-Earth end credits songs and the melody always gets stuck in my head

Yes, yes it is. 

2 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Chekov's Run from Star Trek IV. 

I love that cue and the soundtrack.  I have literally never listened to single thing Rosenman ever did outside Star Trek IV, but what a score it was.

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I love that cue and the soundtrack.  I have literally never listened to single thing Rosenman ever did outside Star Trek IV, but what a score it was.

Agreed! It's an absolute blast from beginning to end. Lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I didn't listen to any of his non-Trek stuff until last year when I watched Fantastic Voyage and heard some similarities to Star Trek IV (or vice versa rather).

specifically (below) 1.40 to end. Shades of Crash/Whale Fugue and Home Again/End Credits

Though after that moved onto his Robocop and respective Planet of the Apes scores.

58 minutes ago, Strangways said:

Though after that moved onto his Robocop and respective Planet of the Apes scores.

That's kind of funny that he worked on a sci-fi franchise whose first score was by Jerry Goldsmith twice!

18 minutes ago, petaQ said:

So too did James Horner. 

And both Horner and Rosenman scored sequels to films with scores by Basil Poledouris!

(Assuming you count Patriot Games as a sequel to The Hunt for Red October, which I do)

On 04/12/2016 at 1:12 AM, Strangways said:

Sink the Bismarck theme, as Kenneth More walks across Trafalgar Square.

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!! 

23 hours ago, publicist said:

Me add 'Ripples'.

#Saaail away, awaaaaaaay,

Ripples never come baaaaaack#

(not that RIPPLES. ed) 

:lol: