What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer Films)

King Mark

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KK, my short-form review is just a slight rewording of yours. ;)

INTERSTELLAR

First two acts were brilliant. The last act, even more so. Featuring Nolan's most dynamic character yet, alongside his grandest level of scale, this is quite the experience. There are several scenes that would have benefited from having more time to unfold. If the film hit the three hour mark or even a bit beyond it, it would not have been unwelcome at all.

Zimmer's score is lovely by the way, but it was repetitive in parts of the film.

By the way, people who find Nolan cold and clinical, this is film for you. Really emotional at its heart.

Pretty much all the scenes where Roy's crying/fighting with his family are highly emotional. The final 20 minutes as a whole is also very emotionally resonant, even if Barry and Jillian are the only people who shed a tear. The wave between the alien and Lacombe always gets me.

On my phone now, but once I get a computer, I'll respond to your long review and the points you made in the other thread TGP.

Regardless of what you may think of its strengths and flaws, this is a must-see experience.

This post?

Pretty much all the scenes where Roy's crying/fighting with his family are highly emotional. The final 20 minutes as a whole is also very emotionally resonant, even if Barry and Jillian are the only people who shed a tear. The wave between the alien and Lacombe always gets me.

That's a post about Close Encounters of the Third Kind!!!

It would be a really weird coincidence if Interstellar featured characters named Roy, Barry, Jillian, and Lancombe, not to mention aliens!

Thats the point. On a quantum level there is no such thing as nothing!

Actually the majority of an atom is the empty space between the large nucleus of an atom and its infinitesimallly small orbiting electron cloud. Scientists just haven't found what makes up that nothing yet.

The god particle is the smallest but theoretical scientists (you know, the smartest ones, those who do these super large calculations on a chalkboard) know there is an even smaller particle: The ones that make up the god particle.

Alex