The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

That's Karen Gillan's character, Nebula, from the first film.  I'm not aware of the pose being a specific reference.

EDIT:

Whatever the Hell that's supposed to mean.  You can't release a teaser and say it's not a teaser.

Heh. You grabbed a photoshopped Ramones cover. :P

Here's the original

il_570xN.514106530_oi65.jpg

I've certainly seen a lot of people compare it to various album covers from the 70s and 80s.

There's also this other Ramones cover (my favorite album by them too)

Ramones_-_Rocket_to_Russia_cover.jpg

24 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Whatever the Hell that's supposed to mean.  You can't release a teaser and say it's not a teaser.

That's not what he meant.

What he meant is that this video isn't an abridged version of a longer trailer, with the full trailer being release a few weeks later (like so many studios like to do now. You know, release a teaser not to promote the film but to promote an upcoming trailer, which is is ridiculous, but whatever). This teaser is its own thing, showing footage that will be different from the one shown in the trailer.

Of course, the director of the film shouldn't have to state something so obvious, but with this new "teaser-for-trailers" trend, I guess now you have to specify what each new promotional video is suppose to promote (the upcoming trailer or the upcoming film)!

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Here's some pretty hilariously bad, and totally real, product placement for Doctor Strange in a recent episode of the American soap opera General Hospital:

And you found out about that... How? Come on, you can tell us everything, Stew!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Doctor Strange appears to be doing well.  I don't have a dog in the Marvel hunt, but I'm happy for it, nice to see a "different" type of superhero film succeeding.  Hopefully this will open the doors even more from some stranger stuff.

10 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Very little, actually.

I've the story is almost exactly the same as Iron Man 1 but they've added "weird special effects" and some Inception style building folding. I'm sure someone has claimed it's the "thinking man's MCU film" at some point. 

Oh oh and it's scored by the next John Williams!!

Sounds like a 2-episode IMAX premiere is basically going to be an Inhumans movie.

Saw Doctor Strange, and it's maybe the first time that I've felt the "Marvel Same-ness Fatigue."  It was basically the Iron Man story, with a little bit of Batman Begins and The Matrix mixed in for flavor.

Weird, because the action setpieces that played with space and time were really something special/different for a Marvel movie, and even the "end of the world" finale was basically settled with diplomacy instead of a smash-em-up.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

How so?

From the looks of those things, at the start of the teaser and at the end of it, he's wearing the suit that he wore in Stark's photo when Stark first met him. So I'm assuming this film will show Peter getting the Suit he wore in the airport fight.