Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Well it is matter of style BBoal. To quote Elvish in a Hobbit thread is not only appropriate but also a degree less self importantly pompous than it would be in a regular thread concerning non-Tolkien things. It is the ordinary Elvish of ordinary folk that keep majority of this MB at bay and out of this thread. And that gives me courage.

I am just wondering how much music did they record for BOFA in the end.

Enough for a CR.

Harumph ...!

Yes, I hear you. Indeed enough for a CR's worth. ;) ;)

Gee I really hope none of the Warner Bros Water Tower Music people won't be reading this.

I can't wait to hear the music for the alleged 45 minute battle sequence. Nice opportunity to reuse Boromir's death music.

It won't be all battle. Peter Jackson will weave intimate character moments throughout to emphasize the human (and elven and dwarven and ursine and avian) stakes of the battle so it won't be just 45 minutes of continous battle. And yes Boromir's death music would make total sense...

The AUJ recording sessions? HOLY SHIT! PM ME PLEASE! RIGHT NOW! I SOOO WANT THIS!

Knowing PJ, the Recording sessions would be nothing close to the film versions

It's the Lothlorien theme SUH! Nothing new. It's from Warg-Scouts. The track was overlapping the end of the Beyond the Forest bit, that's why you may have been confused.

It is definitely the martial version of Lothlorien theme heard in the Warg-Scouts.

Nope. It's the same track as you heard on the album. It's just mixed lower in the video, so you can barely hear the bodhrans, and percussion rumbling underneath.

By the way, Beyond the Forest really does sound spectacular in the beginning of that video.

Nope. It's the same track as you heard on the album. It's just mixed lower in the video, so you can barely hear the bodhrans, and percussion rumbling underneath.

By the way, Beyond the Forest really does sound spectacular in the beginning of that video.

I concur, on both accounts.

But I timed it and the one in the video is faster!

Check for yourself!

Would it make sense if I suggested that since there is a good deal of music editing going on, they might have actually edited that section as well. ;)

I'm not sure I hear what you're talking about. It's the same statement, not much alterations. At most, there might be a microedit in there, but that doesn't affect the sound of the statement.

Why does SUH, out of all people, wants to know if its new or not when he specifically said he didn't want to listen to any bit from the third score before seeing the film?

Does not make sense does it.

Well it is the essence of it.

Speaking of the BOFA soundtrack release, I wonder if they'll released it here in Scandinavia again a day earlier than elsewhere. They did that last year and CDON has the preliminary released date set for 5th of December. But then again it is only a preliminary estimate.