The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since Elfman's score seems to suck and Batman has allegedly been toned down and doesn't kill anyone, is there any reason to look forward to Justice League anymore?

Bring me...the bore worms.

I can't think of a possible benefit to DC using the name "Captain Marvel" - that character hasn't been associated with that name for a generation or more, and it will cause significant brand confusion (even if Marvel hadn't already been developing a movie based on their own Captain Marvel).

Although maybe that brand confusion is what DC wants - to make the money that the (at this point) significantly better cinematic universe, Marvel, makes.

Well if the comics are anything to go by, they certainly aren't calling him Captain Anything, in fact I'd wager there will be mention of him being anything associated with Captain, and they'll just refer to him as Batson throughout the film.

Out of all the characters available in the DC vaults, I don't get why the sudden attention on this particular character.  No one, not even hardcore comic fans, cares about Shazam.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to the score to Wonder Woman.  It was okay - highlights pretty much correlate with the movie's action highlights (No Man's Land, the final theme-based fight cue, the end credits), and the rest of it is just kind of supportive noise.  The Sia song is just OK as well.

Since this is probably going to make money, and Whedon was only hired at the last minute, I'm pretty sure he's going to be fine, especially when Snyder still has directing credit. I knew it was going to be a mess from the get-go. You have two directing styles clashing, that's like a recipe for disaster. 

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/justice-league-review-dcs-superhero-embarrassment-beyond-saving/

Can the [most overrated] saviour of cinema (according to Alex and Steef) ever come back from this? 

He managed to come back after every single film he's done so I wouldn't "worry". ;)

Karol

Can we reasonably say now that the DCEU needs to be rebooted? Honest to God it's not working.

I think they mailed coffin with the hiring of Affleck. The fatal miscasting that doomed the franchise from the start and the franchise never truly recovered from it.

27 minutes ago, KK said:

Indeed. If anything, the Batfleck was been the one promising thing to come out of the DCEU. Him and Wonder Woman.

Is he really though? He looks fine and the design is ok. But he doesn't really leave a lasting impression.

Karol

I don't know. In the end, of everything that's come out of the DCEU, the Batman/Gotham parts of BvS are what I've enjoyed most. I assume the Batfleck must have some role to play in that.

4 minutes ago, crocodile said:

But he doesn't really leave a lasting impression.

Karol

That's Ben for ya. No matter how good he is, it's not something you carry with you for the rest of your life.