Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

YAY!

I want to be Jurassic world anatomist!

Or veterinarian....

So INgen is still up and running....

But but...the park opened in 2005?

And no mention of it in 2003's JPIII? Maybe they are not taking into consideration the third film...

I would have gone for 2010 opening and 5 years running park. (after all the banner of the film is 'the park opens june 2015'...)

i mix JPIII with Hulk in my memory. I saw it on the same cinema at the same season with the same people...

So I guess they have a running park for a decade, and then the new atraction they want to show goes wrong.

Still i think that 2004 is far too soon to open a park after the countless deaths with the previous proyects.

Than ancient history map suggests they are taking into consideration the Videogame from Telltale?

At least it looks real, unlike that awful Millennium Falcon gif...

However, I'm going to be the one to say it. From the brief glimpse in those clips, the dinosaurs look more Jurassic Park /// than Jurassic Park or The Lost World. So, phoney and obviously CGI. Why can't they do CGI dinosaurs right since 1997?

At least it looks real, unlike that awful Millennium Falcon gif...

One would expect a real teaser to look better than a fake fan created gif yes.

WOW! Even for such a short teaser for the trailer (lol) I am SO excited! Loved it! The gate is the only thing that looks like bad CGI to me, but it could be improved by the time it's finalized. Notice that it appears the monorail is what is going through it. I actually thought the dinosaurs looked great! At least their colors are on par with the Jurassic Park grayscale approach and not the JP3 "overly colored by the numbers". Granted, I know the latest theories are that dinosaurs were colorful, but I'd rather have them look duller like in JP if the CGI is going to make them look too cartoony being so colorful. And that bubble-thing also looked much cooler and more real than I imagined!

Very stoked. Can't wait for the full trailer.

They really have to stop this trailer for a trailer nonsense...

I found the truncated rendition of the JP theme oddly distracting. I'm sure it'll work much better for the whole trailer though, instead of this stupid 20 sec excerpt.

Yup.

Why don't they just release stills to build the hype before the trailer (like they do with The Hobbit). Why not save all the footage for the whole trailer?

The music is awful. I knew hiring Giacchino was a mistake. Dissonant piano rendition of Williams theme + booming bass sound...sounds about what I expected! Now we need the full length trailer with Zimmer-ish cellos and booming synth percussion.

The music is awful. I knew hiring Giacchino was a mistake. Dissonant piano rendition of Williams theme + booming bass sound...

How can there be dissonance if there is only a single pitched line? It's the same notes of the same old theme, just slowed down, and stripped of everything but the melody itself.

But yes, a "darker" version with trailer booms was the predictable way to go.

I agree that the music is awful but I don't think it's Giacchino.

I think it was.

The way it's cut in this "teaser" is awful. But maybe we'll hear more in the actual trailer?

The teaser...titilates. Nothing more. Never mind the music I found myself distracted by whathisname from Parks & Recreation. I've not been reading the thread for months but I imagine he's some Muldoon type.

Well at least they used the JW theme. I think it worked

I think some of the CGI in the original JP was great but not ALL. The flocking dinosaurs and the first brachiosaurus look fake .And for the T-rex alot of it is animatronics

I agree, KM. People often confuse a lot of the best effects of JP being the CGI, when really it was the animatronics that made it all look truly real. Granted the T-Rex CGI is still some of the best I have ever seen in a film, we have to remember that a lot of it was covered in rain and darkness which DEFINITELY helped conceal any imperfections (which are more revealed with the Brachiosaur and the raptors). Hell, the Dilophosaur and Triceratops didn't have any CGI at all (except for perhaps wire removal, etc). But we also have to remember that the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park didn't really do as much as they are probably going to do in this film, and there'll be a LOT more of them.

Granted, that CGI gate could still be made to look a lot more real. I mean, come on ILM... it's a mostly static object!

In the original JP i noticed recently that the Brachiosaurus stands up on its back legs for the first time its head goes through the trees, like they forgot to layer it behind them. It's so weird that I just noticed that a couple of weeks ago.

But yeah, the CGI in the first two movies isn't perfect but for its time it's still breathtaking. The shot of the T-Rex coming out of its pen and roaring is the most glorious 11 seconds of CGI that I've ever seen. The day shots seem to have aged the worst, sadly. So I'm hoping that here they'll give us a good ol' night scene where we'll all say the CGI was perfect.

Dis moovey wil b betta dan da last 1s bekorz ov betta spx bro maek it moar realistik n relatable

It won't be hard to top the other films, considering they were never that good in the first place.

In the original JP i noticed recently that the Brachiosaurus stands up on its back legs for the first time its head goes through the trees, like they forgot to layer it behind them. It's so weird that I just noticed that a couple of weeks ago.

Just looked it up. I've probably watched the film about 150 times since 1994 and have never noticed it until now.

I expect the trailer music beginning on piano solo, then full blown orchestra and again ending with piano solo.

The teaser for the teaser music is edited, thats why there are notes missing.

I think it could be giacchino

My two cents.