Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Hahahahaha I hope you're all gutted!

The very first trailer a year before the film is released. Ofcourse they are gonna show nothing.

Prepare for endless internet discussions of the "soccerball droid", waiting for the next scrap of info.

But seriously, wtf does the sith lightsaber need extra exhaust things like a motorcycle?

It's one of many things in this trailer that give it the, yep, you guessed it, fan film vibe.

Hahahahaha I hope you're all gutted!

The very first trailer a year before the film is released. Ofcourse they are gonna show nothing.

Prepare for endless internet discussions of the "soccerball droid", waiting for the next scrap of info.

That's no excuse. The first Hobbit trailer showed much more, and that was released a year before AUJ. And however people feel about the Hobbit films, I think most would admit that it was a superb trailer, one which was at once satisfying, hit the right notes of nostalgia and yet made you excited for what was to come. This Force Awakens one however didn't do any of that for me.

I haven't followed the discussions on the new Star Wars.

Will there be much CGI?

or they're going back to practical effects too?

I mean will they use miniatures and stuff, or all things (spaceships etc.) are CGI?

I haven't followed the discussions on the new Star Wars.

Will there be much CGI?

or they're going back to practical effects too?

I mean will they use miniatures and stuff, or all things (spaceships etc.) are CGI?

They're going back to using practical effects (but of course, there'll still be a lot of CG).

That dialogue though. That's some fan fiction level stuff right there. Even if it does sound like Cumberbatch.

Overall I guess if you're a die hard fan this is the event you want it to be. But there's not much for the rest of us. I'll see it, I'm sure I'll like it. Maybe later trailers will give me more of the momentous feeling of the return of a legendary story.

That's no excuse. The first Hobbit trailer showed much more, and that was released a year before AUJ. And however people feel about the Hobbit films, I think most would admit that it was a superb trailer, one which was at once satisfying, hit the right notes of nostalgia and yet made you excited for what was to come. This Force Awakens one however didn't do any of that for me.

This is JJ, he prefers to keep things closer to the vest then PJ.

Also, The Hobbit was based an a very well known book. Ep 7 is a completely new story.

Yeah the Hobbit and LotR trailers went mad with the reveals. Superman Returns is a teaser done spine-chillingly right, pure fan service.

Maybe this will fair better than that finished film though.

Sorry if my posts seem erratic but after my total breakdown from the Jurassic World trailer I was seriously expecting greatness. but this is the first trailer so I must refrain...

I'm surprised how underwhelming that was. When the stormtrooper popped up I thought I was watching a parody trailer by mistake.

Ha me too!

Well, I wasn't very impressed by the teaser either. Why wouldn't they show Luke Han and Leia? Or at least the droids?

The one part I did like was the guy in the X-Wing.

The CGI of the Millennium Falcon at the end looked ridiculous with those weird modern "camera" movements.

The first teaser for Star Trek 2009 showed nothing but the Enterprise being constructed.

And featured the iconic fanfare which wouldn't even be in the film itself.

The one part I did like was the guy in the X-Wing.

The CGI of the Millennium Falcon at the end looked ridiculous with those weird modern "camera" movements.

The first teaser for Star Trek 2009 showed nothing but the Enterprise being constructed.

And featured the iconic fanfare which wouldn't even be in the film itself.

the fanfare did appear at the end.