Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

It is when used properly. Sometimes it looks awkward and croppy.

One of my favourite Super 35 films is The Age of Innocence because the deep focus that the format allows really brought out the sharp detail of the extravagant sets.

Mine would be The Undiscovered Country. The most vibrant and sharp classic Trek film. Despite its darkness. Those red uniforms never looked better.

Spherical lenses, being sharper and more easy to get deeper focus, probably lend themselves better to bridge scenes. And TUC is one of the more bridgey Trek movies.

Sure, why not?

Because it's not?

Star Trek as reference for great photography?

:blink:

As opposed to James Bond? Yet Deakins did a brilliant job!

I don't disagree with that. Deakins is known as one of the best cinematographers working today.

So maybe Finn can fight with a light-saber because stormtroopers have 'vibrosword' training?

Anyway, i think showing him so much with a ligthsaber in the media and ending not being a Force sensitive would be rather weird.

I suspect both Rey and Finn are force sensitive. And that Poe will be kinda Han Solo-ish and not Force sensitive.

I would prefer if Rey wasn't family related to preexisting characters because it would be cooler, but that's not going to happen.

Wouldn't it be funny if they're hiding Luke and Leia's acting because they're just excruciatingly awful?

I have a feeling Mark Hamill will be good regardless, even if he's only in it for a brief cameo. He's actually the only one I'm not worried about. I mean, he could just be himself or he could be all stoic and ROTJ-like, or he could just act like a fucking weirdo and either way it would work for him, I think.