Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

These Star Wars fanboys (many of which I'm assuming are bandwagon fans) who act so butthurt from the prequels and keep reiterating the same shit over and over again (Midi-chlorians, Jar Jar, CGI, wooden acting, "I hate sand" etc.)? You know, I'm starting to think a lot of them secretly enjoyed the prequels and are adopting the opinions of the Red Letter Media reviews because prequel hate is trendy.

The RLM reviews barely had anything about Jar Jar and the like. People like them because they were actually about why the films sucked, unlike many other reviews of those movies. As for the second sentence. I don't really get it, because I kind of enjoyed AotC and RotS when they came out, and they're still completely trash for the resources they had to make a good movie, and I can live with the two things simultaneously. I kind of like some of the very badly executed ideas from the prequels. So it has a "what if" type thing for me.

The visuals look relatively inconsistent. Some are really magnificent (most notably the crashed Star Destroyer shot) but other look like they're from a fan film or video game.

Yeah, definitely the Star Destroyer shot and also that cool Apocalypse Now shot of the TIE Fighters coming in. All that desert stuff still looks the most impressive to me. I just have this feeling that everybody is going to totally nail it there. JJ, the actors, the writing, Williams, all the technical aspects. Beginnings are easier to get right than endings, I think they know how crucial the first act will be to grab the audience and we're all gonna be like "Fuck yeah, Star Wars is back!!"

Then we will see. The film may jump the shark the moment Han and Chewie show up (assuming the kids somehow get ahold of the Falcon first then meet up with them later as it appears like)

From a Q&A that apparently happened with Abrams and Stephen Colbert:

Abrams officially finished the final mix of Force Awakens at 2am this morning. Movie is done folks! Yahoo Movies (@YahooMovies) November 22, 2015

Will we get a mono mix?

The first clip of the film was just shown on ABC (Corporate Synergy!) during the American Music Awards

Here's a clip from the show, that contains the film clip (at 0:18)

Please discuss the MUSIC in the clip over here: CLICK

And anything else about the clip here. Thanks!

When it comes to premiering new Star Wars footage, clearly the only thing the average Star Wars fan loves more than football is award ceremonies.

I didn't care for the film itself. Looks like what we've come to expect from Abrams. Frenetic running, yelling, explosions and a general lack of soul.

The sheer number of explosions that we're seeing in all the trailers is admittedly a little worrying. The kids run away from explosions, BB-8 looks pensively at an explosion, Chewbacca sets off an explosion, buildings and ships blow up in huge fireballs. I like a good fireworks show and obviously commercials are going to gear heavily towards that kind of thing, but I just hope that's not the overriding characteristic in this movie's sense of adventure.

The first clip of the film was just shown on ABC (Corporate Synergy!) during the American Music Awards

Here's a clip from the show, that contains the film clip (at 0:18)

Please discuss the MUSIC in the clip over here: CLICK

And anything else about the clip here. Thanks!

Hey was that William Ross conducting the tribute?

Isn't Star Wars all about blowing shit up?

Yeah but it becomes a problem when the explosion is the most interesting thing about the scene. Star Wars always had strong visual hooks like the asteroid field and the Sarlacc pit to set the action against.....when the Death Star finally gets blowed up real good you're meant to savor it. Mostly I just want the action to have a lot of cool bits of choreography with great music and to be able to walk away remembering that, rather than "Wow, there were a lot of explosions in that scene."

Also will the heroes ever have to make do without lightsabers or guns? Will they have to prove their resourcefulness inside a trash compactor or against a Rancor? Something that adds tension while posing a different sort of predicament.