Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

That's my favorite commercial of all time! That whole series was wonderful. Darth Vader screaming after his lightsaber batteries die was frequently referenced when Revenge of the Sith was released and everyone wished he'd done that instead of "NOOOOOOOO!"

I tried to find the minute long version on youtube but only came up with that 30 second version.

I have the long version on a VHS tape in my closet somewhere

Ish.

That huge structure that's being bombed has a tower that looks like the Emperor's Throne Room and/or the Jedi Temple.

For someone who reckons they have no interest in seeing this movie you sure know every nook and cranny of what we've glimpsed so far.

Not gonna see it. Suuuuuuuurre.

Is it just me or is that John Williams?

Kind of disappointing how we'd had a couple straight TV spots that sounded like Williams, and now the last couple have sounded nothing like the maestro, other than the fact that they use his themes.

Wow, another cool spot with lots more really cool shots! They should have put some of these shots in the big trailers that more people saw!

BTW, at 0:03, the shot of the flametrooper using his flamethrower, you can see a square outline around his head! I dunno if that's just due to youtube compression or what, but its pretty noticable!

Is it just me or is that John Williams?

Kind of disappointing how we'd had a couple straight TV spots that sounded like Williams, and now the last couple have sounded nothing like the maestro, other than the fact that they use his themes.

That's part of the reason why I think none of it is Williams. But the use of music in the trailers and TV spots isn't at all consistent. I guess Disney is trying to appeal as many crowds as they can.

It is!

Still better than the CG droids and their energy pikes in RotS.

The anti-lightsaber corps of the Storm Troopers.

That doesn't look very good. Like it was shot in the 90's in a wooded area near Vancouver....for TV.

Perhaps they skip the premiere in theaters and go straight to DVD instead?

That doesn't look very good. Like it was shot in the 90's in a wooded area near Vancouver....for TV.

Cremers: "Too many trees! Looks like Stargate!"

We have every right to expect something alien with Star Wars, not just TV budget backgrounds, people in cheap manufacture costumes and explosions.