The Patriot (John Williams)

Thor

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep, that's what I thought.

And I dunno if Emmerich is the right guy to make that expanded edition happen. Sure, as the director and as an powerful figure in Hollywood he may have some influence over that on Sony or whatever, but ultimately it's not up to him, as far as I know.

edit: the "that's what I thought" was referring to @GerateWohl's post above.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

Maybe he just liked that you wrote "your great film THE PATRIOT".

1. Thanks for being so optimistic again. (I know, you were joking.)

2. FYI I deliberately wrote that to flatter the man. 99.9% of artists are egotistical narcissists, who want to hear how wonderful they are. It was a way to get his attention to read my comment. Btw I do think the film is great, so I didn't lie. But he can help make this expansion happen, so it's worth a try.

Reminds me of Jack Horner blowing a bonfire's worth of smoke up Spielberg's ass by suggesting he tells his students to watch JP instead of doing archeology, and you can tell by SS's expression that he's aware of this volume of smoke :lol:

If I were ever in a position to ask a well known figure for something, I'd just get to the point. If you're making the effort to talk or write to someone it's implied that you're doing it because you love their work (or in this case, a specific aspect of it).

I did get to the point, it's all there in the short tweet. And I wasn't lying, I sincerely like the film. So what's your point?

My thinking is probably more that I find it cringeworthy to use flattery to a well known figure when you're asking them for something.

Anyway, hopefully this is one of Intrada's offerings this year. It has some rather lovely material.

43 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

My thinking is probably more that I find it cringeworthy to use flattery to a well known figure when you're asking them for something.

Sincere flattery is called a compliment.

If you want to ask a famous person for something, complimenting their work can mean a lot, especially if it's sincere like my liking The Patriot.

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Plead to gibson to quickly approve the cover art. That can take a lot of time with high profile actors…

Not sure if Gibson is that high profile anymore today... But yeah, it could be helpful.

Is he even on social media?