Scenes where actors are supposed to be dead but you can see them move or breathe

Bayesian

I was thinking about this earlier today. If you know of any, I'd love if you could you describe them or paste a link to them? I never seem to notice it. (Maybe it's not a common problem.)

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

towards the end of Fellowship of the Ring. There’s an Urukhai extra that sits up, looks around, realizes the scene isn’t over, and lies back down. 

Got a link? 

Anyone noticed that Hollywood must have a new technique to make the dead look more realistic? It's like you are looking at a photo but the camera can still move around.

In Uwe Boll's adaptation of the Alone In The Dark game, apparently a dead character in the background of a scene can clearly be seen to sit up, look around, then get up and walk off. Can't find the clip, though.   

On 6/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, AC1 said:

Anyone noticed that Hollywood must have a new technique to make the dead look more realistic? It's like you are looking at a photo but the camera can still move around.

I guess they discovered it's cheaper to use dead actors.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:51 AM, Koray Savas said:

I think it’s the scene after Boromir’s death. 

Its just as Aragorn rushes to him: 

On 6/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, AC1 said:

Yep. That's also done in the scene above: once Boromir expires, the part of the frame occupied by his body and face is digitally freeze-framed, and desaturated slightly to give him a pallor.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, AC1 said:

No one except for Chen? You guys love movies, right?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the original IT tv mini series- Richie goes back to the Derry library as an adult and Pennywise is up on the second floor. He throws balloons down that start bursting blood over everyone. There are like 3 or 4 people that have to not react to balloons popping in their faces. 

• 5 months later...

Well, the actors aren't supposed to be dead. That would be suicide or murder or a freak fatal accident

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 3:26 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Doesn't Janet Leigh blink (or something) in PSYCHO?

Yes, if I remember correctly it’s why they cut to the shower head and then back to her to pan up to the house. If she hadn’t blinked I’m sure it would have been one continuous shot from her eye to the pan up to the house.