John Williams conducts Filarmonica della Scala, Milan, Italy, 12 December 2022!

Jay

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

This is film music, we've got to keep doing things illogically.

Are you saying: "There is no logic in an Italian opera house publishing film music."?

1 hour ago, Amer said:

So nothing coming on DG from this concert? Oh wait.. what about the Japan tour? I just remembered that!

Japan releases seem more likely as those concerts were properly recorded, while at La Scala, we saw only three mics and we learnt that the recording was for internal use and for the odd YouTube clip (where only Schindler's has been released so far).

On 14/12/2023 at 4:18 PM, JTGL said:

Hopefully Mr Williams comes back to Europe one more time. Wishful thinking perhaps but he surprised us many times. 

At this point I am absolutely sure that John Williams will outlive all of us, so a comeback to Vienna, Berlin or Milano is 99.9% a fact. Soon he will officially be called "Johnny Williams" again. Or "Giovanni", as Leslie Bricusse used to call him. Maybe even "Curly". 

• 2 months later...

One thing strikes me, despite the efforts of someone like Denève, for example, to program 'Three Million Light Years From Home-Stargazer-Flying' just to be different, we see that Williams persists in programming the perennial 'Adventures on Earth'. I guess at 92, he's set in his ways!

At this point, Williams programs what he thinks the audience most wants to hear from him, given the location. 

• 1 month later...