Damon Lindelof Star Wars Project

DangerMotif

It's fairly certain that Damon Lindelof is creating the next Star Wars project that will most likely be announced over the weekend at D23.

Who do you think will compose the music for it?

some of his past Composers have been:

Michael Giacchino

Max Richter

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Nathan Barr

He doesn't have any director credits at all (just writer/producer) so he hasn't personally worked with any composers. < In that case I also assume he won't be directing any Star Wars projects, so really the composer could be literally anyone.

I'll throw Gia's hat in the ring just to piss people off. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gibster said:

Williams Ross and John Powell are really the only safe bets to satisfy the fans these days. Unless they get Arnold or Kraemer.

I have much higher hopes for the music if it’s a film not a show though

Honestly I'm not sure how much the composer even matters if the director has shit taste. Based on all the Natalie Holt interviews about Kenobi where she says that Deborah Chow rejected all her good or interesting themes, I don't think any other composer could've possibly done much better

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JohnTheBaptist said:

Maybe this movie will be the "story for another time" origin of Luke's lightsaber. 

That would be great. Something like opening scene from Disney's Dinosaurs with the egg, just with the lightsaber, no dialogue, just sword getting kicked and handed around until it ends up in Maz' hand.

Well, the lightsaber fell first.  One of the Star Wars canon comics shows that a mysterious figure caught it before it hit the bottom of Cloud City.

What a coincidence that this character was standing in the ideal place at the ideal time!

Lightsaber discovered by ugnaughts or no sale.

It would be interesting if they could retroactively make the sequels make sense. Unlikely but interesting. Kind of like The Clone Wars keeps making me think the prequels might have been OK.

7 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

That would be great. Something like opening scene from Disney's Dinosaurs with the egg, just with the lightsaber, no dialogue, just sword getting kicked and handed around

I can already hear JNH's The Egg Travels to accompany it! :lovethis:

7 minutes ago, Mattris said:

When would it be set?

Before episode 7.

I never read the novel. So, I am not sure, if I would still like to see that movie if I would have read the it. But Disney did quite a good job at improving the things they messed up in the movies by building stories around it, which tries to make sense out of these desatrous stories.