John Williams/Stéphane Denève to conduct the Saito Kinen Orchestra in Tokyo, Japan (Sept. 5, 2023)

AOP

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Did you think that the country of Austria in Europe and the continent of Australia were the same place?

It's a smart line, and a smart crowd will appreciate it. And I'm not going to dumb it down for some bonehead mass audience!

On 29/07/2023 at 1:03 PM, AOP said:

2nd lottery results just released: 

I lose… again 😭

I'm a Japanese and I lost too....

I didn't win both ticket for Matsumoto and Tokyo, and general sales won't open, I think.

Very sad. I miss you maestro...

2 hours ago, Petrushka1939 said:

General sales information updated.
Ticket site says that all type of seats are going to be released.

It's going to be quite a battle!

Yes, tomorrow at 10 am JST.

Good luck to us!!!

If anyone can purchase multiple general admission ticket through e-plus I'd be most grateful for a ticket. I came pay whatever cost. Will be in Tokyo from Aug 28. I live in Auckland NZ. I believe the e-plus website requires

Japanese phone, address and card. Please PM. Cheers.

Diehard JW fan here, i know every note and chord progression in Zam the Assassin and the escape through coruscant!  It also would be cool to meet any other JW enthusiasts, I never meet anyone who knows much about film music of JW.

GAME OVER

Logged into the system 10 minutes early and kept refreshing my browser until 10:00.

As soon as tickets opened at 10:00, could not proceed to the next screen because site was crazy busy.

When the screen finally changed, all tickets were gone. That was at 10:04.

GAME OVER MAN

IMG_5843.png

I was able to get one ticket at the S section.
The website was crazy. However, after a few minutes some slots opened again, possibly due to failed credit card payments. I noticed slots are still opening for like 1 minute and then sold out again. Im trying to get more tickets.

32 minutes ago, AOP said:

Update!!! SUCCESS

Curiosity/anger/disappointment made me log in again at about 10:15 and I was shocked to see that tickets popped up again in 3 seating categories.

I tried again but as soon I proceeded to the next screen, 2 of the categories had disappeared.

I finally managed to score 1 seat in the cheapest category!!!! 

Now tickets are definitely gone (?). (Update: tickets seem to be randomly appearing but disappearing pretty quickly)

Wanted the VIP, but will settle with the seat I got. Just lucky to be going!

Sweet man! Will see you there 👍

Thanks for the updates!! Perseverance paid off congrats!

I failed to get the ticket...🥲

I can just hope everyone who won the seats will enjoy the concert without any trouble.

By the way, today I'm going to "Jurassic Park in Concert" so I'm very excited!

10 minutes ago, Petrushka1939 said:

I failed to get the ticket...🥲

I can just hope everyone who won the seats will enjoy the concert without any trouble.

By the way, today I'm going to "Jurassic Park in Concert" so I'm very excited!

So sorry to hear that… it seems that many people could not get a ticket.

I think it’s good to keep checking the eplus website. I think some (very few!) tickets will appear again, but you need to buy it quickly.

Anyway, ”Jurassic Park in Concert” sounds great! I hope that makes you feel  better 👍

On 05/08/2023 at 3:30 AM, AOP said:

Update!!! SUCCESS

Curiosity/anger/disappointment made me log in again at about 10:15 and I was shocked to see that tickets popped up again in 3 seating categories.

I tried again but as soon I proceeded to the next screen, 2 of the categories had disappeared.

I finally managed to score 1 seat in the cheapest category!!!! 

Now tickets are definitely gone (?). (Update: tickets seem to be randomly appearing but disappearing pretty quickly)

Wanted the VIP, but will settle with the seat I got. Just lucky to be going!

Sweet man! Will see you there 👍

Just catching up on this...

Congrats!

Good to know that at least a (very harshly) selected minority of JWFans will be attending...and hopefully reporting back in detail!

6 hours ago, lostinspace said:

I noticed one ticket on yahoo auctions for the September 2 concert. Hopefully more will appear for the September 5 concert.

Looking at Yahoo Auctions and Mercari, I could only see tickets for the Boston Pops tribute concerts in October conducted by Keith Lockhart (which I’ll also be going to!)

Actual physical tickets for the Tokyo concert won’t be available to pick up from convenience stores until late August, so I expect to find them being auctioned off online then - at highly inflated prices most likely.

I hope you can somehow get tickets at a reasonable price! Good luck 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2023 at 2:59 AM, Quppa said:

Looks like Deutsche Grammaphon will be broadcasting a recording of this concert on the 9th of September: https://www.stage-plus.com/video/live_concert_9HKNCPA3DTN66PBIEHFJ8C9N

Isn't that a broadcast of the September 2nd concert, not the September 5th concert that this thread is about?

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Isn't that a broadcast of the September 2nd concert, not the September 5th concert that this thread is about?

It's the September 5 Suntory Hall Tokyo concert. I haven't seen anything about the September 2 Matsumoto concert being broadcast.

1 hour ago, Quppa said:

It's the September 5 Suntory Hall Tokyo concert. I haven't seen anything about the September 2 Matsumoto concert being broadcast.

The Matsumoto concert won’t be broadcast online, but it will be projected on large screens at two local venues the day after the concert 👍 

One of those venues is the grounds of Matsumoto castle… very tempted to go! Not sure about the sound in an open area like that, but it will certainly look/feel spectacular with that castle in the background!

Also, physical tickets for the Suntory Hall concert are now available to pick up at convenience stores for those that were lucky enough to buy a ticket online a few weeks ago.

Tickets are already appearing on the secondary market at RIDICULOUS prices - just shows how bad people in Japan want to see this concert!

https://ticketjam.jp/tickets/john-williams/event_groups/134883?sort_query[sortKindKey]=price_for_cell_desc

24 minutes ago, AOP said:

The Matsumoto concert won’t be broadcast online, but it will be projected on large screens at two local venues the day after the concert 👍

Great - we might be lucky and get a Blu-ray release down the track if they're going to the effort of recording it anyway.

2 hours ago, AOP said:

One of those venues is the grounds of Matsumoto castle… very tempted to go! Not sure about the sound in an open area like that, but it will certainly look/feel spectacular with that castle in the background!

Also, physical tickets for the Suntory Hall concert are now available to pick up at convenience stores for those that were lucky enough to buy a ticket online a few weeks ago.

Tickets are already appearing on the secondary market at RIDICULOUS prices - just shows how bad people in Japan want to see this concert!

https://ticketjam.jp/tickets/john-williams/event_groups/134883?sort_query[sortKindKey]=price_for_cell_desc

Those already sold look reasonable by Viennese standards.

Those for >200,000 Yen...well...you really have to be desperate. But if real this is still better invested than buying the DoD CD for 5000 USD ;-)

[...as long as JW shows up and is not replaced completely by Denève]

24 minutes ago, BB-8 said:

Those already sold look reasonable by Viennese standards.

Those for >200,000 Yen...well...you really have to be desperate. But if real this is still better invested than buying the DoD CD for 5000 USD ;-)

[...as long as JW shows up and is not replaced completely by Denève]

Very true!

I won’t believe it is happening until I see JW actually walk out on the stage.

I still have bad memories of the LSO concert he pulled out of a few years ago. I literally found out he cancelled  the moment I got off the plane at Heathrow and connected to the airport wifi… 

Fingers crossed! 🤞

On 29/08/2023 at 2:46 AM, AOP said:

Very true!

I won’t believe it is happening until I see JW actually walk out on the stage.

I still have bad memories of the LSO concert he pulled out of a few years ago. I literally found out he cancelled  the moment I got off the plane at Heathrow and connected to the airport wifi… 

Fingers crossed! 🤞

Me too, that concert was good but I was bummed I paid like 750 NZD for the ticket! I hope some more tickets appear o the ticketjam site

1 hour ago, lostinspace said:

Me too, that concert was good but I was bummed I paid like 750 NZD for the ticket! I hope some more tickets appear o the ticketjam site

@lostinspace I PMed you a link to another ticket site - check it out 👍

The ticketjam site is ridiculously expensive… but shows what people are willing to pay for this concert!

image.jpeg

Is that a rubber duckie made to look like JW, and if so, where do I get one... 😆

Aside from me, @Harry-Pot and @zhonghun1988, is anyone else going to the Tokyo concert on Tuesday?

We are organizing a meet up and would love anyone else lucky enough to get a ticket to join us! Perhaps a quick dinner/drink before the concert begins?

If interested, please message me 👍

20 hours ago, AOP said:

Perhaps a quick dinner/drink before the concert begins?

May I recommend Tsubame Grill, and their signature hamburger steak. It's really yum. With a Kirin beer in a chilled mug. 👍

IMG_3104.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr. Hooper said:

May I recommend Tsubame Grill, and their signature hamburger steak. It's really yum. With a Kirin beer in a chilled mug. 👍

IMG_3104.jpeg

Tsubame Grill! The last time I was there was the day after I got married… we had stayed in Matsumoto (of all places!!) then returned to Tokyo the next day. Famished, we went to the nearest restaurant which happened to be Tsubame Grill in Shinjuku 😂

I was thinking of taking the JW crew to a fancy sushi or yakitori restaurant near Suntory Hall 😊  We’ll see!