Your Favourite Movie Quotes

JTN

"My name is Lester Burnham. This is my neighborhood; this is my street; this is my life. I am 42 years old; in less than a year I will be dead. Of course I don't know that yet, and in a way, I am dead already."

4 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

You know, for kids!"

This was going to be my next one! 

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

You admire this man, this...William Wallace. Uncompromising men are easy to admire. He has courage, so does a dog. But it is exactly the ability to compromise that makes a man noble.

Nobles...now tell me, what does that mean, to be "noble"? Your title gives you claim to the throne of our country. But men don't follow titles. They follow courage.

Going with the McGoohan theme...

And then the Russians put our camera, made by our German scientists and your film, made by your German scientists into their satellite, made by their German scientists.

"So that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money. There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well, I just don't understand it."

"My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal, which bothers some men."

"We thought you'd runnoft."

"But there is a new wind, blowing from the east, from the dusty streets of Bethlehem, that will soon challenge the vast house of Caesar, that edifice wrought of brick and blood which now seems so secure!"

A related, but non-movie quote:

“A tragedy is a tragedy, and at the bottom, all tragedies are stupid. Give me a choice and I'll take A Midsummer Night's Dream over Hamlet every time. Any fool with steady hands and a working set of lungs can build up a house of cards and then blow it down, but it takes a genius to make people laugh.” --Stephen King

“Gentlemen, that's a very sad thing... to be nothing.“

“As it was written, Lisan al gaib” - Stilgar

“Why did the emperor choose this path and who will our next oppressors be?” - Chani

”Long live the fighters” - Paul Atreides

“My desert, my Arrakis, my dune” - Barron Harkonnen

- We are House Atreides. There is no call we do not answer. There is no faith that we betray“ - Duke Leto

“Don't you think I realize what's going on here, miss? Who do you think I am, huh? Don't you think I know that if I was some hotshot from out of town that pulled inside here and you guys made a reservation mistake, I'd be the first one to get a room and I'd be upstairs relaxing right now. But I'm not some hotshot from out of town, I'm a small reporter from "Rolling Stone" magazine that's in town to do an exclusive interview with Michael Jackson that's gonna be picked up by every major magazine in the country. I was gonna call the article "Michael Jackson Is Sitting On Top of the World," but now I think I might as well just call it "Michael Jackson Can Sit On Top of the World Just As Long As He Doesn't Sit in the Beverly Palm Hotel 'Cause There's No Niggers Allowed in There!"

"What's this "eighty-five" thing?"

"A couple of us sneaked a look at his personnel file the day he arrived. It's his IQ."

This thread could run for pages on just Ghostbusters and Aliens quotes.

"Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head."

"That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me."

"This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training."

"Why don't you put her in charge?"

1 hour ago, Tallguy said:

This thread could run for pages on just Ghostbusters and Aliens quotes.

Or Big Lebowski 😄

"Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!" 

"Games? Must we?"

"Sergeant Emile - Emile? - Sergeant Emile Klinger. No, I didn't believe it either. "

"No, I didn't borrow Laura's Mercedes."

"Something wrong with your eyes?" - "Yes, they're sensitive to questions."

"I never discuss love on an empty stomach."

"You built a TIME MACHINE… out of a DELOREAN!??"

"Yes, I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density."

7 minutes ago, Groovygoth666 said:

"Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

The memory of this one line keeps trying to convince me that the film is better than it is.

“It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.“