«A Tribute to Williams & Spielberg» (April 20, 2024) - KKL Lucerne, Switzerland

Nemesis

MUNICH is a nice inclusion there. A lot of these programs are rather boring, IMO, playing the same evergreens over and over again, and I suppose this is another example. But many of them manage to sneak in a less-concert-performed piece in there (or two), so I always look forward to that.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

It's a Williams/Spielberg concert and they are performing Dial of Destiny? :lol: ROTFLMAO

Instead of that, why not something from Amistad? Empire of the Sun? A.I.? Close Encounters? Temple of Doom? Maybe even The Fabelmans?

They'd need a choir for "Dry Your Tears Afrika" from Amistad or "Cadillac of the Skies" or "Liberation" from Empire of the Sun.

But yeah why not "The Long Road to Justice" and "Jim's New Life"?

I'd say drop "Helena's Theme" and bring in "The Presses Roll"

It's great that they include some lesser-played themes in there, but by golly -- if they had the chance to include stuff beyond the tired evergreens, then how great wouldn't it have been if there had been something from A.I.!

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

how great wouldn't it have been if there had been something from A.I.!

I think we have a little too much of that these days ;)

Adventures of Mutt has been fun all these years, but it would be amazing to hear anything else from Crystal Skull live! Is "Crystal Spell" a cue title?

What are the best candidates for the encores at this?

The Raiders March is out due to the main program ending with Last Crusade end credits.

I'm thinking Adventures of Mutt and Flying from ET?

On 18/04/2024 at 9:18 AM, Jay said:

It's so cool they are doing "Incident At Isla Nublar"

Will they bring a men choir for that?  (all 15 seconds in two instances)

This program makes me a little sad that we (probably) won't be getting a new score to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

Especially because Williams has a gap in his schedule for the latter half of the year.

2 minutes ago, ymenard said:

Will they bring a men choir for that?  (all 15 seconds in two instances)

not a chance

They could use the original recording of the choir like they do in the LTP concert though

15 hours ago, Smeltington said:

Adventures of Mutt has been fun all these years, but it would be amazing to hear anything else from Crystal Skull live! Is "Crystal Spell" a cue title?

Crystal Spell is the Call of the Crystal on the OST (aka the concert arrangement) and it's original cue title is The Thirteen Visitors if I remember correctly.

A nice programme of the classics with a couple of nice surprises thrown in.

The concert was awesome. Extremely well played and a fantastic set list. The encore was the finale of The Adventures on Earth. The horns stood up für the last entry with bells up. The only thing missing was Williams by himself :)

52 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

@JayI made already a thread for this.

Merged!

46 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

The concert was awesome. Extremely well played and a fantastic set list. The encore was the finale of The Adventures on Earth. The horns stood up für the last entry with bells up. The only thing missing was Williams by himself :)

The encore was music they already played in the main set?

I guess orchestras always play The Duel from Tintin because it's available from Hal Leonard, but it's hardly my favorite piece from that score.

Tinker-Tin is much more original and fun for me...

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

The encore was music they already played in the main set?

Unfortunately only this one, yes.