Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

So you can shut up dialogue and sound effects in this game, if you want, right?

Cerrabore - planning a quicky WAV recording of anything he can find in the demo

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:

I've quickly been checking out BF2 and there is a LOT of new Sith music, more than what Indiana_Fett mentioned. Probably as much as Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees had. It is in high, almost-CD quality. I will have a detailed breakdown tomorrow, as well as a link to download it! (Of course, that has to be done over the PM system.)

Oh, did I mention it has new AotC music as well? Like, say, for example, Yoda Strikes Back.

8O

Let's see. There's some "Boys Continue," "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell," the pieces Indiana_Fett mentioned, a big chunk of "Dialogue with Mace," a bit of the Emperor's Theme from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

Ugh, 6 AM. I need to sleep. More thorough examinations coming tomorrow.

Nobody has been able to open the .lvl files. I have actually been playing through the game with sound effects disabled recording the audio output. Since the demo only allows for online play, and getting "killed" dials down the music, I've had to try to hide myself from other players. 8O

Let's see. There's some "Boys Continue," "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell," the pieces Indiana_Fett mentioned, a big chunk of "Dialogue with Mace," a bit of the Emperor's Theme from "Palpatine Instructs Anakin."

Ugh, 6 AM. I need to sleep. More thorough examinations coming tomorrow.

8O 8O 8O 8O

This is most excellent news to wake up to!!!! YA!! I will be seeing you on AIM in a while hopefully! I'm glad "Boys Continue" was with the music, I can't wait to hear that!

LOL That's sucks you had to hide yourself quite a lot in order to get good recordings of the music haha.

TPM:

- "The Flag Parade" alternate take, with slight instrumentation differences/flukes

- "The Battle Begins" full version (without small film edits)

- "Laser Fight March" segment (higher quality than before)

- "The Tide Turns" popular alternate take including the beginning chord strikes

AotC:

- film version of "Anakin's Search" (DotF segment) with crescendo instead of fadeout. Does not have clean ending; instead, segues to part of the concert version

- "Confrontation with Count Dooku" segment (different from Bounty Hunter version, less percussion)

- "Yoda Strikes Back" Dooku's toppling of the pillar to end - heavily edited, probably taken directly from the film mix

RotS:

- "Boys into Battle" full version

- "Boys into Battle" opening with bass drums overdubbed (?)

- "Dialogue with Mace" large segment

- "Bail's Escape" entire cue

- "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell" Swimming and Droids (segue between two parts is slightly missing)

- "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell" entire march segment (after Yoda's farewell)

- "The Boys Continue" Yoda's crawl through the ventilation shaft to Yoda's arrival at the escape hatch (includes some duel music and the scene in the Senate chamber)

Needless to say, there's nothing from "I Am the Senate." 8O Download link coming very soon! Also bear in mind that this list is NOT finalized; it's very likely I will find more.

TPM:

- "The Flag Parade" alternate take,  with slight instrumentation differences/flukes

- "The Battle Begins" full version (without small film edits)

- "Laser Fight March" segment (higher quality than before)

- "The Tide Turns" popular alternate take including the beginning chord strikes

AotC:

- film version of "Anakin's Search" (DotF segment) with crescendo instead of fadeout. Does not have clean ending; instead, segues to part of the concert version

- "Confrontation with Count Dooku" segment (different from Bounty Hunter version, less percussion)

- "Yoda Strikes Back" Dooku's toppling of the pillar to end - heavily edited, probably taken directly from the film mix

RotS:

- "Boys into Battle" full version

- "Boys into Battle" opening with bass drums overdubbed (?)

- "Dialogue with Mace" large segment

- "Bail's Escape" entire cue

- "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell" Swimming and Droids (segue between two parts is slightly missing)

- "Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell" entire march segment (after Yoda's farewell)

- "The Boys Continue" Yoda's crawl through the ventilation shaft to Yoda's arrival at the escape hatch (includes some duel music and the scene in the Senate chamber)

Needless to say, there's nothing from "I Am the Senate." 8O Download link coming very soon! Also bear in mind that this list is NOT finalized; it's very likely I will find more.

8O 8O Very awesome.

Complete game November 1st.

So... the music is up at the FTP! PM me for the address. Also, one file wouldn't upload, so for that one there's a YouSendIt link (thanks Vosk!).

Working on them right now. 8O

By the way, the volume on these files needs to be drastically increased, by maybe ten decibels (play around around with it). There's also a problem in action7.mp3 where the volume dips down at places; I am working on replacing this file.

I went to the Star Wars section of the FTP, and it says:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope I'm allowed to talk *about* the FTP here, even if not link to it...

Yeah. I just inserted "The Boys Continue" between the OST segment and the Galaxies segment of "Get 'Em R2!" and about ten decibels did the trick.

I went to the Star Wars section of the FTP, and it says:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope I'm allowed to talk *about* the FTP here, even if not link to it...

Yeah, I don't think there's anything in the "starwars" folder. You want "Battlefront II."

Disc 1 track list is posted. And, I know that action7.mp3 has some unreleased music, but there are volume problems and I'm holding off on incorporating it until I can get a proper recording (which will then be uploaded to the FTP).

I think I misunderstood, but I was curious, there's a spot in "The Boys go to Battle" or what not where the buzz droids are on Obi-wan's ship and Anakin is trying to get them off... and when the last one flys off you hear the as you called it "Rebel theme" statement. I was curious, was that suppose to be one of the files that was put up or was that no there? And if not, where can I get that because it's one of two spots I have left that are still reliant on the film rip. the only other spot is when Anakin says "they're comming around" but the released version has a different horn note than the real one so you kinda have to fade them together with the movie a little otherwise it sounds odd... but that's ok... one or two seconds of the movie is fine...

But that last part, is there any way to ge tthat?

That cue is called "Get 'Em, R2!" According to Indiana Fett it's on the Battlefront II demo. Cerrabore who's going through the demo hasn't found it yet I'm sure he will though. He's not done going through the demo yet. Don't know when he'll be done.

I must say many of you have put a superb amount of work into sourcing music from all the games.

Cerrabore, all the Battlefront II material you have found thus far, is this music from the demo or the open beta test version you spoke of, because if the demo has that much Sith music then goodness knows how much more the final game will have.

...the only other spot is when Anakin says "they're comming around" but the released version has a different horn note than the real one so you kinda have to fade them together with the movie a little otherwise it sounds odd...

I'm having a problem here too (at least, I think it's this spot). I'm talking about this edit:

BF2 action2 1:15.5-1:19

OST 01 2:34.5-3:15

Am I understanding this right? This may not be the best explaination, but: there's the two note drum beat thing going on in the BF2 clip, right? So at the end is the first "beat" supposed to come from BF2 and the second "beat" from the OST? Because this just isn't sounding right.

That was another problem I had yes. I believe the way I fixed that was merging it into one drum beat--the first--rather then have two becuase like you said, It felt odd like something was off. It may not be the correct thing, but it's what I did and It sounds right at least.

That is a different spot then the problem I was having. I had mine at about... oh I can't give you a time because mine is all edited... it's the spot where Obi wan says "They over shot us." and then Anakin says "They're comming around." and the horn has this high note. that kinda fades out and then you get that boom boom.... booom boom of the timp. again. I dunno if anyone will know hat I'm talking about but there's a part where two horns play this triplet then duplet and it sounds like something from W of the Worlds horns.

Anyways, in the original soundtrack, the horn note it much lower and you can't have them together because it doesn't sound right, but you need that timpani beat otherwise you loose what's going on... so I had to merge three things, the bf2 track I believe it was, along with a clip from the movie--so that you hear the misles turning around--and its like 10 seconds before you Anakin does that spinning thing. for me... it's 4:05 into the COMPLETE edit... It's the Action2 track at 45-47 seconds in--minus the timp roll. It would then cut to the area in the original soundtrack at 3:15. that Horn note in the ORIGINAL sountrack is too low compared to what it should be in the movie or in Action 2 at 45-47.

Is that clearer?? heh...

PS: I love Voyager(have all the season), and The Doctor was one of my favourite characters!

Am I understanding this right? This may not be the best explaination, but: there's the two note drum beat thing going on in the BF2 clip, right? So at the end is the first "beat" supposed to come from BF2 and the second "beat" from the OST? Because this just isn't sounding right.

You can bring the OST back in at exactly 2:34.35, so yes, first beat is BF2 and second is OST. It sounds a little awkward, but I couldn't come up with a solution.

I'm not seeing the Battlefront files on the FTP. Was a new one set up or something? Because I got all excited for the new files and I'm not seeing them anywhere. :D

...The Doctor was one of my favourite characters!

Me too! (Well, obviously.) :D

You know what, I just realized, that a little bit latter, there is some clear drum patter, and If you cut and copy it, you can complete nagate everything I just said lol...
You can bring the OST back in at exactly 2:34.35, so yes, first beat is BF2 and second is OST. It sounds a little awkward, but I couldn't come up with a solution.

Okay. Just wanted to make sure I was at the right spot. I'll try what GoodMusician said; I actually did the same thing to make a clean beginning to one of the other tracks ("...Yoda Farewell").

Cerra, which file could you not upload? Did you try renaming it to something else and uploading it?

PM me the YouSendIt link and I'll try to get it up there if you can't.

(Cerra and I are the only ones that have access to uploading to the FTP account)

It's now ~ff11monpics

~Sky

I was afraid this would happen... bunch of people asking for a link that I've never heard of. Sorry, but that's how the FTP was hacked. You need to at least stick around a few days, make a few posts - "I'm a longtime reader" is not proof enough. For those of you who just registered to PM me about the link, I will send it to you in a week or two - if you are still asking for it.

I'm assuming that you are all aware of the fast-paced Imperial March in action8. What does this go to, any possibility of it being part of Williams' original score for AOTC's Arena battle? I can't remember, did he or didn't he even score music for that?

great news with the new music.

I'll hope there is coming more with the full release of Bf2 ... great game, great music ... much much fun ROTFLMAO

I'll hope, i will get a "pass" to the ftp :)

Ok, greetz from germany. and sorry for my bad english :)

Frank aka SithTyrann

Cerrabore, skylark or anyone else...

Are the old files from the FTP coming? I seem to have lost most of them on my computer. :cry:

And are the DVD timings in the AotC track list from the Region 1 disc?

I'll hope there is coming more with the full release of Bf2

Me too. Given its use in one of the planet trailers I've love to think that a cue like Goodbye Old Friend will be available in its entirety in the final game (without fading out a matter of seconds before the end. Bah!).

Well the begining of "Good-bye Old Friend" was clearly tracked from "Dialogue With Mace" which we now have. However for the portion when Obi-Wan is being debriefed by Cody before he leaves for Utapau...it's possible it might be either in the full BF2 game or Trials Of Obi-Wan.

Edit: I'm hoping/expecting for Trials Of Obi-Wan since it'll be on Mustafar that the music will include the full ending for "It Can't Be", the rest of the missing pieces for "Boys Continue" and hopefully the rest of the force theme for "Good-bye Old Friend".

So we're going to have to wait til the end of the week for the old files? You guys are putting a lot of effort into this, and I for one appreciate it. Although now I'm really wishing I hadn't deleted the old files I downloaded and considered my ROTS edit complete, because I'm a very impatient person. ROTFLMAO Keep up the good work.