Lost

Mr. Breathmask

So Locke is the Smoke monster? :blink:

I guess Locke's mother was crazy in the sense that she thought he was immaculately conceived. But, didn't Cooper later reveal he used her to get to Locke? So she really wasn't crazy. It's an interesting theory for sure, especially considering MIB's reaction to the mysterious boy, but I don't see how it's possible. I still think it's Aaron, he has to tie into the whole story somehow, and if he doesn't, it'll be a huge letdown with the likes of Walt's character.

And Jay, don't chime in on this one, cause I know you know who the boy is! :o

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just pointing out possibilities.

The other being:

800px-MysyeriousKid.jpg

250px-5x16_MaybeJustAPush.jpg

I don't think a young Aaron would be prancing around the island in Jesus era clothing. So I don't think it's simply Aaron, if at all.

It's possible that he's Jacob, somehow reborn, but dead is dead. It all depends on what happened to Aaron after Kate left him with Claire's mother. And since that happened like 2 seasons ago, anything could have happened in between.

On a practically unrelated note, I suddenly realized a few days ago that Jacob was one of guys that peed on Dude's rug. Small world. I don't think I'll be able to take Jacob as seriously again.

OH MY GOD MORLOCK!

And Jacob was working on the fucking RUG when we first saw him!

Smocke is The Big Smokeowsky. laugh.gif

That's it. You just killed this show for me.

http://liveforfilms....ebowski-mashup/

I can't watch anymore.

I still have not seen The Big Lebowsky, but I finally got to see the first season of Dexter last month, and "Jacob" played the abusive husband of Dexter's girlfriend.

I wonder how much this played a part in casting him as Jacob; most of the actors are unknown, and very few are well-known from previous roles (O'Quinn from The Stepfather-- which I have not seen--, from Millenium and then an unrelated small part in The X-Files).

Did they pick "Jacob" only for his acting skills and for his abiliy to appear mysterious, mystical, all-knowing, ..., or did they factor in the fact that he was already known (albeit to a restricted audience-- however successful Dexter is, it's not exactly a series for everyone) as a violent man who beat his wife, to add a little ambiguity to the way those people who were familiar with that character would perceive him?

Yeah, I started watching Dexter a few months back, and I was shocked to see Jacob as a junkie ex-con who rapes his wife. IMO, it really shows off his versatility as an actor - he's very different in the two shows, and he seems right for both roles.

As for the kid...I don't know who the heck he is. I highly doubt it's Locke, but I could easily see it being Jacob, the MIB, or Aaron...or some figure from the MIB's past. A brother, perhaps. I'm sure we'll find out when we finally get to see some MIB flashbacks at some point...has to happen... (No spoilers!)

Yeah, I started watching Dexter a few months back, and I was shocked to see Jacob as a junkie ex-con who rapes his wife. IMO, it really shows off his versatility as an actor - he's very different in the two shows, and he seems right for both roles.

As for the kid...I don't know who the heck he is. I highly doubt it's Locke, but I could easily see it being Jacob, the MIB, or Aaron...or some figure from the MIB's past. A brother, perhaps. I'm sure we'll find out when we finally get to see some MIB flashbacks at some point...has to happen... (No spoilers!)

That's interesting, what if MIB and Jacob are brothers? Just like Jacob and Esau!

Yeah, I've always been fond of the Esau thing...I doubt that's the direction they'll take, but I could be wrong.

Then again, there was that thing the Others said: "God loves you as He loved Jacob." Weird...probably just a red herring, though.

That somehow reminded me of the first time we saw "Jacob" in The Man Behind The Curtain. Ilana said Jacob had not been in the cabin for a long time, so I think he somehow trapped the MIB in there with the circle of ash. But then again that doesnt explain how we've seen the Smoke monster and his apparitions throughout the whole series. Oof, this show needs to end!

For a while now Varese hasn't been uploading track listings until a week or 2 before release dates. Don't worry I have several spots I'm checking every day and will post them here as soon as I see them

Press release for tonight's episode:

ALLIANCES ARE FORGED AND BROKEN, ON ABC’S “LOST”

“The Last Recruit” – Alliances are forged and broken as the Locke and Jack camps merge, on “Lost,” TUESDAY, APRIL 20 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Lost” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Andrea Gabriel as Noor “Nadia” Abed Jaseem, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Dylan Minnette as David, Teresa Huang as surgeon, Skyler Stone as EMT #1, Todd Coolidge as EMT #2, Yvonne Midkiff as receptionist, Christopher Amitrano as Burditt, Kasim Saul as guard, Steve Boatright as Mike, Mickey Graue as Zack and Kiersten Havelock as Emma.

“The Last Recruit” was written by Paul Zbyszewski & Graham Roland and directed by Steve Semel.

"Lost" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-14,L,V parental guideline.

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwPxY3VTnJk

Clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gJcx8jspU

And here's a really cool picture from the latest Wired Magazine (May 2010 issue). Doesn't really contain any spoilers (just portions of a few upcoming episode titles), but it features a really cool chart of the timeline from season 5 at the top and a secret code (33242 / 3523626366) as well

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/S8jp0FJ5UpI/AAAAAAAAyuU/ZBuB4MEEX3Q/s1600/wIwhJ.jpg

waiting for 9 PM

Good lord is there anything else on TV besides American Idol,Dancing with the Stars and The Biggest Loser?

Finally, things are picking up! ;) The momentum is increasing, as well it should be.

Also, is it just me, or is that image supremely ambiguous? It looks like an island...but it also looks vaguely like a human in fetal position, draped in a satin cloth. I'm probably reading too much into it.

What an episode! It was extremely well executed, on the script and directing level. The way it switched from character to character throughout worked magnificently.... I felt like every character got adequate screen time. I also felt like the characters all acted the way they should, as in every action they took in the episode totally fit the characters as they've been developed for 5 1/2 seasons. Good stuff!

Was surprised to see the Sun/Jin reunion so early! I thought we might have to wait for the finale for that one. Kind of silly that she got her English back as soon as they hugged - you'd think when reuniting with your Korean husband, you'd both be speaking your natural language, I dunno. Also her getting English back so soon kinda made that whole plot point a little irrelevant.

How about Sun saying "That's him!" in the sideways! Does that indicate she remembers the "real world" too? Since love seems to be what makes it happen, her and Jin probably had their flash a while before flight 815. Kate and Sawyer met again with no flash. I think Sawyer's true love is Juliet and Kate's will be Jack. Though, Jack has has little mini-flashes ever since Flight 815. Perhaps he is "special"?

I was surprised when I saw the actress who played Ilana in the opening credits, I was like "Oh, I guess she has a great agent!", so was surprised again when she popped up in the sideways. If the actress is still filming, maybe we'll get an explanation for why she was in the burn ward after all?

Why was the episode titled "The Last Recruit"? Does it refer to Smokey "recruiting" Jack? Because I think Smokey's kidding himself if he thinks Jack is on his side - the whole reason Jack jumped off the boat was because he WASN'T on his side. Spoiler-blocked because I mention the next new episode's title and centricity only:

Since it's called "The Candidate" and is Jack-centric, I'd imagine it has to do with him becoming "the new Jacob"? Waiting 2 weeks will be tough!

I also think Smokey's kidding himself if he thinks Sayid told him the truth about killing Desmond, and I'm surprised he didn't want to go verify for himself.

I'm fairly certain The Last Recruit was in reference to the Smoke getting Jack. That's all he has left now. Sayid and Claire have been turned away from the "dark side." It would help if we knew how the infection worked, since Claire did say Jack decided the moment the Smoke talked to him.

Right, and other characters have mentioned that if he talks to you it's too late. BUT, I have a feeling Sayid was able to break the curse... I have no proof (honestly - no spoilers or anything), but I just can't imagine that he actually killed Desmond in cold blood in the well.

I 100% guarantee you he didn't lol. I mean, they added a bad looking SFX in the preview for this episode when he had the gun pointed at him in the well. I guess all it takes to break the Smoke's hold is persuasive talk with the person :lol: I liked how Desmond was still not afraid and calm.

Wait what are you saying about last week's preview of this week's episode? I don't remember it

Oh haha. It's always been interesting to me that Darlton choose the scenes and music for the "previously on"s, but have no control over the "next time on"s

Was surprised to see the Sun/Jin reunion so early! I thought we might have to wait for the finale for that one. Kind of silly that she got her English back as soon as they hugged - you'd think when reuniting with your Korean husband, you'd both be speaking your natural language, I dunno. Also her getting English back so soon kinda made that whole plot point a little irrelevant.

How about Sun saying "That's him!" in the sideways! Does that indicate she remembers the "real world" too? Since love seems to be what makes it happen, her and Jin probably had their flash a while before flight 815.

I don't think that plot point was as retarded as it seems on the surface. It could well be that Sun's forgetting English was just "bleeding over" from the Alt. Universe. The minute she see her constant (Jin) again, she gets her shit together again. I think it was a way to exemplify twists that are bound to come up later. It was, however, terribly shot and written. Couldn't they have found a different angle that didn't have the freakin' sound barrier between them? Oh, and Lapidus' knowing "Looks like someone got her voice back." Ugh.

I think Sawyer's true love is Juliet

I can't wait for skeptic Cop Sawyer to be convinced of the island timeline when Juliet asks him out (which will inevitably flash to her dying words).

I also think Smokey's kidding himself if he thinks Sayid told him the truth about killing Desmond, and I'm surprised he didn't want to go verify for himself.

No corpse, no death.

I liked how Desmond was still not afraid and calm.

And he's trapped in a hole in the ground that only Locke knows about. Sound familiar?

I don't think that plot point was as retarded as it seems on the surface. It could well be that Sun's forgetting English was just "bleeding over" from the Alt. Universe. The minute she see her constant (Jin) again, she gets her shit together again. I think it was a way to exemplify twists that are bound to come up later. It was, however, terribly shot and written. Couldn't they have found a different angle that didn't have the freakin' sound barrier between them? Oh, and Lapidus' knowing "Looks like someone got her voice back." Ugh.

Yeah, that scene, specifically Sun's voice, works on paper but the execution felt like it was lifted from a Lifetime original movie. I have no idea why Frank's line was even written because it was so a) obvious and b) cringe-worthy; I expect better. An unfortunately cheesy scene in an otherwise great episode.

Finally, things are picking up! :lol: The momentum is increasing, as well it should be.

Also, is it just me, or is that image supremely ambiguous? It looks like an island...but it also looks vaguely like a human in fetal position, draped in a satin cloth. I'm probably reading too much into it.

You are.

I always see a big iceberg, rather.

Great episode! Lots of stuff going on, but well-balanced & timed.

Jack literally jumping ship was a surprise and quite a mark of his evolution to Lockian Faith.

Puffy's explanation about Locke was quite horrible in a tragic way: "he was a sucker".

Unfortunately seeing Zuleilkha Robinson's name in the credits, I expected some sort of tiny flashback showing us a bit of Ilana's past, and was quite surprised to see her as an attorney.

Incidentally, I can't stand the actor playing Jack son at all.

What can Desmond do in his well? Or has Sayid helped him out?

What about Widmore? Was he weary of Sawyer, despite his bringing the other candidates with him?

And how could they get such a precise fix on "Locke" on the beach? He had broken the walkie talkie, and the girl (I forget her name) could not plant a tracking device on him. How many have survived?

Which reminds me: what was Sun's deal with Widmore, exactly? We haven't foudn out yet. Did she carry an emitter that helped him pinpoint the location of the Island? Eloise may have given im his information. Or maybe it enabled him to find the correct angle for the final approach. Could she have.

And what have Richard & Ben been up to since last time?

And why has not Jacob appeared to Hugo again?

Great episode, one of the best-paced of the season.

Yes, but it doesn't say much, does it? Anyway, the episode was really good. We kind of have another lame explanation (Jack's dad), but the rest was fine. Bravo to Giacchino. He's really pushing envelope this season. I hope that the album gets released this year. Which is possible.

Too bad we have to wait 2 weeks for another episode. Which can be very good, judging from the promos.

Karol

I thought that explanation was better than the whispers. Maybe that's just because we already basically knew this one...it was more about letting Jack know than letting us know. I thought it was handled much better...still rather blunt, but a lot better.

It was better, yes. Anyway, now I'm interested. Too bad that it's this late though.

It's worth noting Sun and Jon reunited after 30 hours of the show. Quite a long time, if you ask me.

Karol

I wonder if alt-time Desmond really ran over Locke so Jack can fix him (completely).

Very likely. Last week I was like "wtf Des, what's that supposed to be for?", but now it makes sense. Doesn't make him running over a man in a wheelchair less disturbing :P

It was better, yes. Anyway, now I'm interested. Too bad that it's this late though.

It's worth noting Sun and Jon reunited after 30 hours of the show. Quite a long time, if you ask me.

Karol

Yep, they were last together in the Season 4 finale. Almost 2 full seasons.

And I just remembered this today, where are Rose, Bernard, and Vincent? Still livin' it up in paradise? I hope we'll see them again.

And I just remembered this today, where are Rose, Bernard, and Vincent? Still livin' it up in paradise? I hope we'll see them again.

I assume they didn't time-travel when the nuke went off and killed pretty much everyone on the island.

Who says the nuke killed almost everyone on the Island? Ben and Roger were ostensibly still on the Island, and they were just fine...Dr. Chang probably didn't make it to the sub...the Barracks still existed...

And I would assume that they did time-travel, anyway. If the other Losties did, why wouldn't they?