The Witches Of Eastwick - Reissued?

BigMacGyver

According to Ford A. Thaxton (F.A.T.), this reissue will be available during the next three month as a collectors choice exclusive before other retailers will start selling it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Ford A. Thaxton (F.A.T.), this reissue will be available during the next three month as a collectors choice exclusive before other retailers will start selling it.

Then, how comes that Play.com releases it on the 17th of April??

Then, how comes that Play.com releases it on the 17th of April??

No idea. It would not be the first time that F.A.T. is wrong about something. The best way to find out would be to phone or email them.

I wouldn't count on that. I e-mailed them years ago just before I got Jurassic Park, whether the listing on their site was the OST (and not one of the millions of compilations), and I'm sure I got a reply along the lines of 'sorry, we're too busy to give you individual details about a CD'.

Well, we will see. Good news is that it is available again.

Maybe i will go the save way and order it as soon as it appears on amazon. Never ordered anything from collector's choice or play.com are they any good with delivery, service and all that?

Why do some of you still think this is an April fools joke? There have been re-issues of soundtracks before. Just because April is almost here doesn't mean that this isn't real which I am sure it is real. Those who have missed out on getting the score before now can get it again.

Well, we will see. Good news is that it is available again.

Maybe i will go the save way and order it as soon as it appears on amazon. Never ordered anything from collector's choice or play.com are they any good with delivery, service and all that?

Play.com has always served me well. Good price, no shipping charge, and moderately fast (taking into account you don't pay the shipping, it's extremely fast).

Why do some of you still think this is an April fools joke?  There have been re-issues of soundtracks before.  Just because April is almost here doesn't mean that this isn't real which I am sure it is real.  Those who have missed out on getting the score before now can get it again.

It really seems to good to be true for some people. And you don't know how elaborate JW-Fan jokes can be.

Pete - who is still waiting for that one fantastic score that was supposed to be used for both Indy 4 and Episode III...

Pete - who is still waiting for that one fantastic score that was supposed to be used for both Indy 4 and Episode III...

That one went over my head at the time. I thought it meant John Williams was going to compose the scores for both films simultaneously, not the same music for both movies.

I remember that one spreading to other forums. Funnily enough, it was the very first time I'd ever visited the site, or at least the first article I'd read. I think I might have started reading the forum posts too.

Our Scandinavian internet store CDON has the score on the 1st of April. I ordered my copy there. I can't wait!

I'm glad they're releasing this again. It doesn't seem like the first Williams score you think of, but a lot of the newer fans that got into Williams from the new Star Wars or Potter films never had a chance to nab this one.

Tim

Yeah this gives newer fans a chance as well for us little older ones to get this great score. This has been on the top of my list of favourite Williams scores from the first time I heard the Dance of the Witches. As it is rereleased I can say some wishes really come true. :mrgreen:

Now they only have complete Hook, Indy scores and Prequels to release (amoung other things) :)

The label is called Collector's Choice. The previous page of this thread has a link to their site.

It is at first a Collector's Choice exclusive but don't worry. After 3 months they begin to sell it in stores (I hope). I still wonder why do these other CD stores in the net list it to be released in April as well? But as long as I am getting it in the near future I am happy :mrgreen:

The upside may be,that he won't waste his time on "artsy" films in hopes of winning again.So maybe he'll grab OotP if he's asked to do it.I hope the producers didn't take a liking to Doyle's bland new sound too much.

K.M.

Yes heavens forbid Williams writes a score that isn't full of bombast...

As for it being an April Fools joke I think most of us were just amused that it was coming out on the 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. This is the first time I've ever heard it. It's like John Williams manna in a year of famine!

I'm surprised no one has asked this (although it probably mirrors Steef's comment) - why Eastwick for a reissue? I can think of tons of other scores that could do with either an expansion or a reissue. I for one won't be buying it because of the complete score.

I'm surprised no one has asked this (although it probably mirrors Steef's comment) - why Eastwick for a reissue? I can think of tons of other scores that could do with either an expansion or a reissue. I for one won't be buying it because of the complete score.

it's been one of the rarest and most sought after Williams' scores in the last few years, and they probbably own the rights, so they just re-released the thing with minor production costs, I'd assume.

Probably because it was cheap for them to reissue the original album and it was one of the early titles on CD that went out of print.

It also may have been a decent selling album as well.

I'll pull a Thaxton and suggest you might e-mail them and ask why.

Frankly I don't mind because this gives those who missed getting this album a chance to grab it.

I got mine yesterday and it sounds good but hasn't been re-mixed or whatever. It sounds like it was pressed off of the original master, which is fine. It's certainly better than the tape casette version I've had for years. And for $13, it's worth adding to my Williams CD collection although it's not my favorite. I do think The Accidental Tourist is a better score in many ways and I'm glad to have bought that one of CD before it became impossible to find.

it does not.

You asked if anyone would actually need this reissue - I'm asking why they are reissuing it - seems similar to me.

I do think The Accidental Tourist is a better score in many ways and I'm glad to have bought that one of CD before it became impossible to find.

Whaaa? Last time I played Accidental Tourist I barely noticed it was on, but Eastwick bowls me over all the time.