Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Ordered Missouri Breaks CD from Kritzerland, directly by mail via their Amazon seller page.

Receveid this today.

IMG_1696.JPG

OH I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Fuck , Benny Goodman, I would not even be able to get rid of it here!

EDIT: Phewww... they will send me a new package with Missouri. I can send this Benny Goodman free to anyone here. If you are interrested. Just pv me.

On 04/01/2017 at 2:54 AM, Bespin said:

Ordered Missouri Breaks CD from Kritzerland, directly by mail via their Amazon seller page.

Receveid this today.

IMG_1696.JPG

OH I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Hope they can fix it and send your the right version.

In case everything's lost, I can help you track a sealed one from a seller off Amazon.com!

Thanks @azahid, hopefully they have another one, so they sent me another package!

This experience with Kritzerland is not a very happy one.

First, the fact that they didn't configure their amazon account properly for international shipment.

Second, that they can't update their website if they have new copies of Missouri (I suspect that they print new copies... but they don't want to pay the rights for these new copies...as it's a "limited" edition)

Thirdly, to know if my package was shipped, I emailed them, because they didn't sent me any confirmation after my PayPal payment. They answered to me that they don't have to send any confirmation to the customers, as Paypal send a confirmation when the payment is done... ok but did I sent the payment to the right address... did you sent the package... do you have a tracking number?  They really talked to me like if I was dumb.

Then, they clearly send wrong packages to the wrong people... I mean... shipping CDs is your business... do another thing in life if you can't send the right things to the right people.  Add a 2nd security check process before sending your CDs...

Well, they seems to be not very professionnal.

Kritzerland Records... first and last time with them directly like this.

They are definitely not printing more copies, they simply hold on to extra copies in case of damages they need to replace.  All labels do this with all titles.

Fingers crossed you get the right CDs the second time around Bespin!

On 1/6/2017 at 9:10 AM, Jay said:

They are definitely not printing more copies, they simply hold on to extra copies in case of damages they need to replace.  All labels do this with all titles.

Well FSM infamously printed thousands more without telling consumers in order to maintain product scarcity and thus sell more copies. I wouldn't completely rule it out. 

On 1/3/2017 at 5:15 PM, thx99 said:

A few odds and ends picked up from used CD stores in Orlando...

image.jpg

That Gavin Greenaway one is ace!

I somehow didn't hear about Intrada's release of Mark Mancina's The Haunted Mansion till recently, so I picked that one up. Interesting to hear a presentation of the score that's different from the warm footwear that's been out there for a while. Omissions, additions, and changes to the sequencing - but nothing too offensive. Solid liner notes, too. I'm glad this score finally got a proper release!

In an Amazon binge buy, I went through which scores I had wanted to buy but had put off for one reason or another, and a reason for one of these purchases is something that I wish Time Travel existed so I could kick my younger self's arse and say: "Don't fucking scratch those CD's or one day you'll end up having to repurchase everything!" I guess that is one detriment to physical CD's, eventually they'll succumb to the slow entropy of everything if you play them. Back to the Future (Part III) the 2015 Varese expanded set I had purchased two weeks ago, but hadn't said much on it.

Back to the Future (Part III) Expanded Set - Alan Silvestri - I haven't purchased any of the other sets from either of the two prior parts of the trilogy, Part III had always been the only one of the three to capture my attention with the love theme for Doc and the whole Western setting was brilliant for the textures of the score and the film. When it was released two years ago, I was (and still am) a poor student so I finally caved and thought: stuff it, it might sell out one day!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Deluxe Edition) James Newton Howard - Finally got around to purchasing this from Amazon after the only Australian retailer of soundtrack albums only has the standard edition in stock. Apart from price, why would anyone buy the standard? Anyway, it's nice to finally order it!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban John Williams - my second copy. My first copy is no longer playable after many years of spinning, carelessness in handling the CD (I was 12 when I purchased the album!) I had lost my rip of the score due to a damaged SD card. I hope one day we get an expanded set, but this will have to do for now!

Spider-man 2 - Danny Elfmann - Foolishly, many years ago I believed there was only one soundtrack album available, and that was the soundtrack labelled 'Music from and inspired by the film' so about a year ago I discovered how foolish I was and discovered that a score album was also produced. Spider-man 2 remains my favourite super hero film and favourite Spider-man adaptation and Danny Elfmann's score and themes, all controversy aside helped a great deal.

36 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Because, apart from 2 tracks (A Man And His Beasts and Kowalski Rag), the deluxe edition doesn't offer any essential additional material?

Blind Pig is totally essential. 

2 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Blind Pig is totally essential. 

The title of the piece says it all.

18 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Don't know if it's Lapti Nek or Yub Nub levels of bad but it's pretty bad. 

It's Jedi Rocks bad!

13 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

So still better than Lapti Nek and Yub Nub!

Worse.

And who would have thought Stefan would fall for something like Ed Sheeran's awful song from the Desolation of Smaug, which trumps all the above mentioned pieces in sheer inept sloppiness.

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Worse.

And who would have thought Stefan would fall for something like Ed Sheeran's awful song from the Desolation of Smaug, which trumps all the above mentioned pieces in sheer inept sloppiness.

Nah, Jedi Rocks is awful, awful stuff but it's still better than the two songs that were originally in Jedi. They thankfully no longer are!

I See Fire is IBS set to music. 

On 9-1-2017 at 0:14 PM, Incanus said:

Worse.

It's just pop music.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:11 AM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Nah, Jedi Rocks is awful, awful stuff but it's still better than the two songs that were originally in Jedi. They thankfully no longer are!

Lapti Nek might be dated and forgettable but Jedi Rocks is the antichrist. 

Nice!

My Sherlock Season 1 recently arrived from that website that is selling the Season 4 OST special version thingy, and I also recently obtained one of the handufl of JW OSTs I never owned a physical copy of before:

Image result for earthquake soundtrack

Thanks for the tip about that one, @BloodBoal!

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Nice!

My Sherlock Season 1 recently arrived from that website that is selling the Season 4 OST special version thingy.

Im getting seasons 1-3 tomorrow evening when I get home. 

Got season 4 from that place too. Think that ships at the end of the month. 

48 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Two great scores.

You mean four great scores, right? Or two great releases?