The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Same here. Going to wait and see what the tracklisting is and whether or not it is a two disc set. I'm am hoping it's a two disc set like the original trilogy and some of Disney's most recent releases The Legacy Collection and Frozen.Although I am the same way I am a sucker for anything John Williams releases so we shall see.

Same here. Going to wait and see what the tracklisting is and whether or not it is a two disc set. I'm am hoping it's a two disc set like the original trilogy and some of Disney's most recent releases The Legacy Collection and Frozen.Although I am the same way I am a sucker for anything John Williams releases so we shall see.

You're going to wait... For what? For whether you buy it, or just download it?

I hope the album is a lot like ROTJ in terms of length and structure.

I'm pretty sure the OST will be a fair representation of the score as heard in the film within the 75-mins presentation format, with the added concert suite themes to round off the program.

Keep in mind the OST will be bought not just by JWfans and film music aficionados, but likely by a much larger crowd. And most of them will buy it after seeing the movie and will want to relive the excitement of what they heard in the film itself. IMHO that's the reason why they're keeping a more comprehensive release for a later moment--they don't want to have too many similar products out at the same time with the risk of confusing the buyers. The OST will be for the general audience, but you can bet your dinner that an expanded 2-disc release (and probably a collectible vinyl of sorts as well) aimed at collectors and more demanding fans will be released in the following months.

Hook got an expanded score but not until 20 yrs after it was released idk we shall see.

There is no extra music on the "deluxe" edition!

I found this bit of extra info on the Deluxe version on the site of Scandinavian online retailer CDON:

Deluxe Edition

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

- Limited edition

Regular Version

- Standard tracklist in jewel case, 24 page booklet

And this Retail Exlusive Digipack

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs
- Limited edition

"standard tracklist" on all three = same musical content on all three.

I know with this, it will be available the day of release, if we haven't already heard it by then. I remember when the Indiana Jones box set was released, I had pre-ordered it from a store and they promised availability the day of release. I made sure of this, of course. Release day comes and they don't have it. They called me a week later asking me if I wanted it.

Could be BS but just read this from someone who claims to have seen the film.

I shall not give nothing away, watched it 3 times the 3rd time more to appreciate the film, you know when i 1st watched it, you know could not chew me popcorn as my mouth was just open...really done a great job, the music is sensational & yeah for me its better then the original trilogy for sure.

Could be BS but just read this from someone who claims to have seen the film.

I shall not give nothing away, watched it 3 times the 3rd time more to appreciate the film, you know when i 1st watched it, you know could not chew me popcorn as my mouth was just open...really done a great job, the music is sensational & yeah for me its better then the original trilogy for sure.

Steven Spielberg saw it three times, it must be him!

you know, the internet is now 99% fake news. You don't know what to believe now

I get this impression from Facebook with all those clickbait headlines that go "A-list actress dishes out on big news, you won't believe what happened next!" And then it turns out to be a data hogging nonstory.

But it's not just Facebook, the internet is littered with all this. And I ask who the hell writes this shit? I put every effort to write stories that are verified from credible sources and triple check everything before I file it, but this tabloidy shit written by monkeys chained to typewriters published on dodgy sites with popups gallore seems to dominate.

What could fill 25 pages?

Doug seems to have some inside access to Star Wars, based on his tweets/comments (he saw Star Wars with Williams and Spielberg?!, bits of manuscripts etc).

Pictures my dear SUH. Stills from the film, J.J. Abrams' gush note and a note from John Williams, the track list and then some more pictures.

Sadly I think the days I think of having a 2 disc release for anything new John Williams puts out is gone. Unless it's from Indtrada or La La Land Records. (Sorry I know my spelling is off). Honestly i was hoping for a two disc release mainly because Disney was releasing it. They have done pretty good in recent years with Frozen 2 Disc Deluxe Edition and all the Legacy Collection releases.

I am sure it is probably up to John Williams how much of the score will be released considering he composed the music. I would just like to see a two disc release like the Original Trilogy. It would be so amazing! One thing i do wonder though is I believe JJ said somewhere that there will be 30 minutes of music released also? Can someone clarify please? That may end up being the 2nd disc possibly.

I'm new to the forums here so I'm going to ask a question & please forgive me if it's already been covered. I tried ordering the deluxe soundtrack yesterday & it says that it can't ship to me here in the U.S.?? Has anyone else tried in the U.S. & been successful??

I'm new to the forums here so I'm going to ask a question & please forgive me if it's already been covered. I tried ordering the deluxe soundtrack yesterday & it says that it can't ship to me here in the U.S.?? Has anyone else tried in the U.S. & been successful??

Just buy it on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014V6LQ2E

The poster I was replying to mentioned he lives in the US. The Deluxe Edition doesn't appear to be releasing in the US, its a foreign only thing.

EDIT: I realized later he can walk into a Target and buy it, in the US!

I must admit I didn't read all the stuff about the deluxe and "embossed" thing...

How many editions of the OST will be issued in USA?

What's the point of the Deluxe Edition may I ask? Is it bundled tat or extra cues?

Embossed covers and not much else. Useless from music point of view. Even the booklet is the same as on the regular edition.

What's the point of the Deluxe Edition may I ask? Is it bundled tat or extra cues?

I must admit I didn't read all the stuff about the deluxe and "embossed" thing...

This is all we know about the Deluxe Edition(s):

I found this bit of extra info on the Deluxe version on the site of Scandinavian online retailer CDON:

Deluxe Edition

- Limited edition

Regular Version

- Standard tracklist in jewel case, 24 page booklet

And this Retail Exlusive Digipack

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs
- Limited edition

You'd think something would have been posted on StarWars.com by now, but nope!

How many editions of the OST will be issued in USA?

There's only ONE version on US Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014V6JIQK

The "Deluxe Edition" Amazon US entry catagorizes it as an "import"