The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been a much better piece than "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious," which boasts the energetic Grevious piece, but then dies out incredibly. In Anakin and Padme's reunion, the same Grievous motif would appear at the end of the cue, since the scene leads right into Grievous' landing on Utapau rather nicely.

Ted

IIRC the second half of Grievous Speaks on the CD is the quickie cue from the end when Padme leaves Coruscant for Mustafar. I'm glad it's on there, I enjoy all the Grievous cues and that's probably the best one. Either that or the fight on the bridge.

Since KOTCS is being recorded in L.A. I wouldn't count on a 2 disc set.

I'm sure it will be a 60 to 70 minute CD and that is enough music for me until I see the film and ghear whether or not there is anything worthwhile left off the disc.

Well,if they don't pull crap like microediting the climactic fanfares in one cue ,shortening the Finale,or putting the same cue twice on the c.d. we might be ok.

That would have been a much better piece than "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious," which boasts the energetic Grevious piece, but then dies out incredibly. In Anakin and Padme's reunion, the same Grievous motif would appear at the end of the cue, since the scene leads right into Grievous' landing on Utapau rather nicely.

Ted

Grievous speaks to lord sidious and Grievous landing on Utapau its the same scene.

I know. I was pointing out that "Revisiting Padme" includes the best portions of "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious," those being Grevious landing on Utapau. The OST would have been better off to include Revisiting Padme rather than the cue they included.

Ted

EmpireJW.jpg

John Williams' comments from this month's Empire magazine Indy special, which I have just photographed for your viewing pleasure with the aid of my dainty phone's camera. The text is readable, even if you already know most of what he says.

It must be really suck to be you! I dunno, me being first and foremost a FILM enthusiast I naturally care about the score within the FILM itself before I even consider the score as an album in its own right.

As long as JW has written a superbly fitting score to accompany and lift the film to that special place, I'll be 100% happy. I'll worry about whether or not the ost misses out my favourite cue later, after I've saw the film a zillion more times.

Well,I'm a John Williams fan first and foremost so there...

That's why I don't bash the SW prequels. If they exist only have created 3 new Williams Star Wars scores ,I'm more than happy regardless how much the movies sucked ass.

Well,I'm a John Williams fan first and foremost so there...

And don't we know it!

That's sort of a weird contradiction though which I can't get my head around and if I think about it too much I'm worried I might actually bleed a little from my ears.

Having said that, this is Jwfan.net, so I suppose anything is possible...

EmpireJW.jpg

John Williams' comments from this month's Empire magazine Indy special, which I have just photographed for your viewing pleasure with the aid of my dainty phone's camera. The text is readable, even if you already know most of what he says.

meh, look at the face of comptent the old '50's songs' lover has. :lol:

:lol:

I cant believe the ammount of things Williams remembers. :lol: He has not forgoten that Indy and Marion have a love theme!

I hope he really was riding a bike and delivers us E.T. era music :P

EmpireJW.jpg

Good read, although the paragraphs about Raiders seem to be copied word-for-word from the Williams DVD interview.

EmpireJW.jpg

Good read, although the paragraphs about Raiders seem to be copied word-for-word from the Williams DVD interview.

I had the same impression. He should have given some hints about the new one.

I'd say 80 percent of this is transcribed from that DVD interview. It was obviously ghost-written by someone tasked to watch previous Indy interview and compile them along with a few throwaway remarks about the new film. Once again, Williams proves that he is the world's worst interview. Most of what he says seems to mechanical and processed. But I suppose there are exceptions, such as his comments about "A.I." and a few other scores.

Ted

I'd say 80 percent of this is transcribed from that DVD interview. It was obviously ghost-written by someone tasked to watch previous Indy interview and compile them along with a few throwaway remarks about the new film. Once again, Williams proves that he is the world's worst interview. Most of what he says seems to mechanical and processed. But I suppose there are exceptions, such as his comments about "A.I." and a few other scores.

Ted

John Williams does not use ghost writers!! :lol:

:lol:

I think it really is just down to the fact that Williams retells the same stories everytime he's asked about things like Indy and Star Wars. I doubt Empire would take the lazy approach and just copy something from a cd sleeve. Think about it, how many times does Williams have to endure the same questions? He'll have dozens of ready made, preprogrammed answers for pretty much every question he gets.

It's only the die-hards like us who have heard his anecdotes more than once. To the average reader of his interviews that page of information will be totally fresh.

One little nugget of new information I gleaned from that booklet was this: Dennis Muren was the bespectacled eyes peeping out from behind Life magazine staring at Indy in the airplane at the beginning of Raiders. It wasn't even Ronald Lacey as Toht. I didn't know that!

There are ways of being accessible without being so bland. Williams almost never provides insight into his creative processes or how his approach to scoring the film. His bit with the opening to "Last Crusade," in which he describes the scoring process and unveils his thought-processes about how he applies music to an image is fascinating stuff. Why he so rarely talks about the mechanics or even his creative linkage to a film's images is beyond me.

Ted

Ted

In the book for the Blue Box, John Williams once agains looks like he doesn't really remember much from Superman outside of the theme.

In the interbiew he talks about what technigues he might have used on Superman. :mellow:

The problem with Williams interviews is that he does not say what he really thinks to maintain his humble image (same old boring telegraphed answer) or not to displease anyone (I'd love to score another HP film...).I can't really take what he says at face value anymore.And half the time he doesn't seem to really remember what the movie was about.

One little nugget of new information I gleaned from that booklet was this: Dennis Muren was the bespectacled eyes peeping out from behind Life magazine staring at Indy in the airplane at the beginning of Raiders. It wasn't even Ronald Lacey as Toht. I didn't know that!

Well that ws mentioned on the DVD as well by Muren himself... but yes it seems like thy have copied it from the DVD interview. The partwhere Williams talks about how it was to return to the Indiana Jones series with KOTCS.. "like riding a bycicle.. a few hours and I was into it again... etc.."... these are the EXACT words he uses on the DVD when talking about writing the score for Temple of Doom!

And on that Picture he finally lok almot exactly like David Odgen Stiers :mellow:

Well that ws mentioned on the DVD as well by Muren himself... but yes it seems like thy have copied it from the DVD interview. The partwhere Williams talks about how it was to return to the Indiana Jones series with KOTCS.. "like riding a bycicle.. a few hours and I was into it again... etc.."... these are the EXACT words he uses on the DVD when talking about writing the score for Temple of Doom!

And on that Picture he finally lok almot exactly like David Odgen Stiers ;)

Wow, I see you're certainly no part-time JW female fan, which is quite refreshing actually.

You nerd! :mellow:

Ah well, he is getting on a bit, so I can forgive him.

I think no matter what age I was, I would have a very hard time remembering any particulars after as many many projects he has done. I left a half-way finnished piece alone for a few months, and it took a bit of looking through for me to remember what I was doing when I went to pick it up again. And I'm only 18.

Colin Thomson

Maybe Williams just doesn't give damn like we want him to. They pay him, he composes for a film and moves on with his life.

Perhaps he doesn't go all fanboy on his projects, if you look at some of the scoring sessions he comes in and goes to work and doesn't waste alot of time.

He loves composing but maybe he doesn't feel the need to share every moment of it with people.

I'm sure that if you ask Williams about a piece of orchestration from M7 - take 3 (revised version) from The Eiger Sanction he's not gonna remember it, but if you ask him about working with Clint Eastwood, he would certainly remember that.

I think that's just the ways his mind works, like most of our minds work.

well lets look at it this way, as the oldest here, I sure as hell don't remember what I was doing day by day in the time period he scored Superman

OK, it's 1.5 months before the film hits theaters, just the right time for the final trailer(or couple - us and international).

Are there any official news about it?

Also the first and only one teaser came only 3 months before the movie, usually lucasfilm may releses(star wars) had their first teasers in october. It seems to me, Spielberg and team are not quite on shedule. Any thoughts?

holy crap the photoshop looks too good...

:music: hope its not real...

EDIT:

It has to be fake: they are using the same Original motion.. and music composed and.... layout and font as with star wars.

That would be Sony design copyrighted?

I take it this is fake.

It's an ad for the Indy 4 soundtrack and you can make out some of the track names. So SPOILER WARNING, even though it IS probably a fake.

I dunno,I know fake movie posters show up sometimes,but why on earth would anyone make a fake soundtrack mockup you can barely read? And it does say concord.

I kind of hope it's real because there's no songs on there.The only thing throwing me off is that the spoilers are too big.

And Drax even though you put a spoiler text you might have just ruined the movie for me.Youreally didn't need to quote that

I take it this is fake.

It's an ad for the Indy 4 soundtrack and you can make out some of the track names. So SPOILER WARNING, even though it IS probably a fake.

I dunno,I know fake movie posters show up sometimes,but why on earth would anyone make a fake soundtrack mockup you can barely read? And it does say concord.

I hope it's real because there's no songs on there.

And Drax even though you put a spoiler text you might have just ruined the movie for me.Youreally didn't need to quote that

you were going to read it when you had it in you hands...

EDIT: Damn it looks legit enough

You might be right about the SW fonts though,but maybe that's just Lucasfilm who decides the layout

I see only one reason for it beeing fake ...someone who wants to plant fake spoilers.Other than that I don't see even the most hardcore score fan photoshopping this for no good reason.At least it gives me hope there's no 50's songs

Its a little scary because the poster art there has the upper side complete (indy's hat complete) and more wines.

I saw the complete poster in a page, but i dont know if it was photoshoped as a joke because people was outraged that the hat was not complete (indy fans forums)