The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

I think KM is going deaf. TPM you can hear the music loud and clear and the first HP film has the music mixed loud enough to the point where it almost sounds intrusive. The same with the rest of the prequels.

Shore's music won the Oscar because it was good.

Why should Lucas do any editing, he's not the director. I think we should be more afraid of Burtt wanting to leave the Indy saga with a bang.

I never got the impression from anywhere that it was Indy's son - just some kid who gets caught up in it.

The rumors have been around that he was Indy and Marion's son ever since Shia was announced as being cast in the film.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that said, I still trust the professionals to mix the sound and score correctly over the bigoted views of a few JW fanatics.

Ken Warnberg has to grow a thoughter attitude then.

Burtt ate him with potatoes in the prequels.

Shore's music was mixed as loud in the films as going to a film music concert .THAT is why it became so popular and won 2 Oscars.

ROTFLMAO Sure, it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it was an freaking good example of film scoring technique. Not in the least.

WOW! I don't think you realise just how much of a Williams fanboy you honestly do come across as.

Shore's music was mixed as loud in the films as going to a film music concert .THAT is why it became so popular and won 2 Oscars.

KM, you are aware that the Academy actually listens to scores by themselves on CD's, right? ROTFLMAO

I dont have any paranoia about Lucas. Its Burtt who gives me the creeps.

Agreed - he was alright in the beginning I think, where he probably believed that music and effects could work equally hand in hand (as is evident in the OT), but somewhere along the line he started to get big-headed and think that entire sequences could work without any underscore (see the prequels).

What's this about a release on the Concord label (see the main page)? Concord doesn't really seem to be a label that specializes in OSTs. Is that a late April Fools joke? 2 April 2 Fools.

What's this about a release on the Concord label (see the main page)? Concord doesn't really seem to be a label that specializes in OSTs. Is that a late April Fools joke? 2 April 2 Fools.

No joke.

That's interesting news about the other scores. Could there finally be expanded releases? LEGO Indiana Jones is using the original scores, so it's possible that the game developers were not content with using the CD releases (especially Temple of Doom!) and got Paramount to dig up the master tapes.

It's by the people who brought us the complete Hook bootleg.

No joke.

That's interesting news about the other scores. Could there finally be expanded releases? LEGO Indiana Jones is using the original scores, so it's possible that the game developers were not content with using the CD releases (especially Temple of Doom!) and got Paramount to dig up the master tapes.

Im sory but the stone boulder scene in the video feaures the same music as the 1995 release: the 10 seconds cut of percussion music is still cut

Its april 2...

BTW, it its a joke, no problem.. the score is going to be released eventually :)

Hmm, the rerelease thing is interesting. I wouldn't hold my breath for complete scores, but it'll be nice to get a pressed copy of ToD that, as Luke said, doesn't cost you any vital organs.

if they truely dare to release a 40minute long soundtrack album.... spaking of temple and the original raiders...

I think if the are going to re-release them, they will at least be newly assembled... and somehow expanded.

If not..... good bye Lucasfilm...!

but look at Star Wars the only available OSTs of the Original Trilogy are somehow complete 2CD Sets.. ( and right now it's the third release!) why shouldn't it be that way for Indy? If they release Indy Scores why not in 2 CD sets... I think there is defenitely a market for it!

(I for myself have no hope for complete 2 CD albums)

Hmm, the rerelease thing is interesting. I wouldn't hold my breath for complete scores, but it'll be nice to get a pressed copy of ToD that, as Luke said, doesn't cost you any vital organs.

It already costed me some :P

I can't believe we get the soundtrack by a bootleg company. I thought JW had exclusive contracts with Dreamworks and Sony for his releases.

It already costed me some :P

I can't believe we get the soundtrack by a bootleg company. I thought JW had exclusive contracts with Dreamworks and Sony for his releases.

hmm why do you say bootleg compay? wasn't the Hook 2cd bootleg released under the label Concorde ?

and this ne is called concord without e

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Kingdo...7911&sr=1-1

lol on amazon its listed under the label of Concord-JAZZ so johnny again foun back to hs roots :P

MissPadmé is correct, the boot label is Concorde.

In looking at their website they have a soundtrack & classical section but nothing listed yet on Indiana Jones or John Williams.

It seems Concord has a large variety of labels under it's name to include Telarc.

While I would have expected someone like Dreamworks or Sony to release this score it really doesn't matter as long as the music is released.

Although I fear the re-issues of the first three will be the regular releases with no extras.

A re-release of the old albums might be nice, if only to put ToD and Raiders back into circulation.

On the other hand, it also lessens our chances of getting complete versions again. With these new releases on the market, putting out an expanded or complete album within a short timeframe will be considered saturating the market with Indiana Jones music. So if this is a straight re-release, don't expect expanded albums for another five years (not that I'm counting on them being released within that period now - just add another five years before it'll happen).

The speculation (here and on other boards) that this is April Fool's redux is really a bit silly. Do you actually think Ricard would follow a flat-out brilliant gag with a lame one like this? Besides, he already did the expanded Indy scores joke years ago, and the response was not altogether receptive. (At least Uni and I didn't think it was particularly funny.)

A re-release of the old albums might be nice, if only to put ToD and Raiders back into circulation.

On the other hand, it also lessens our chances of getting complete versions again. With these new releases on the market, putting out an expanded or complete album within a short timeframe will be considered saturating the market with Indiana Jones music. So if this is a straight re-release, don't expect expanded albums for another five years (not that I'm counting on them being released within that period now - just add another five years before it'll happen).

Of course, on the other hand, they seem to have no problem with releasing the same versions of the Star Wars OT 3 times in 10 years, so who knows. You can never tell with them. Kinda kooky.

Yes, but they were only expanded once.

By that logic, we might as well expect the rediculously short ToD album to be re-released another two times over the next few years.

It would require about as much effort as continuously re-releasing the Star Wars SEs.

Yes, but they were only expanded once.

By that logic, we might as well expect the rediculously short ToD album to be re-released another two times over the next few years.

It would require about as much effort as continuously re-releasing the Star Wars SEs.

True.

The whole situation is really infuriating, though. All kinds of scores have been getting complete releases, and yet the execs will not invest in complete releases for films a zillion times more popular than many of them.

I think it has to do with lucas waiting for something.

Because Star wars and Indy music is property of Bantha Music, isnt it?

BTW, by Star Wars scores standards, we should have had an Indy anthology back in 1999, and Compete scores in 2001 :P