The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

I wouldn't go so far as to say "bright" about any of that movie or its actors for that matter.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get you people saying that Harrison Ford doesn't look like Harrison Ford in the poster.

Come on - the man is in his 60s, and as we all know, when humans get to that age they start to sag [in all the wrong places]. You can see that age is finally catching up to Ford both in the poster and the trailer, but you know what? That's not a bad thing - it's comforting in a way. Indy has had many adventures and escaped from many perils, but time is one thing he will never escape.

I personally would have found it worse if they produced a "spruced up" pretty image of Ford just for the poster, because then the sentiment would be disingenuous. The poster is depicting reality - Ford's once glorious face is losing the battle with time, but that is a fact of life. Let's just be glad that the story has a 60 some odd year old running around and getting into crazy capers.

Perhaps people don't like the poster because it reminds them of their own mortality on a deeply subconscious level?

Or maybe i've just been reading too many psychology journals. :mellow:

Indy will never die, though.

He's drunk from the cup of Christ after all, which makes the drinker immortal...

But he crossed the seal, thereby voiding his immortality. Just like the knights who left the temple hundreds of years before him, Indy will die one day too.

:mellow:

Ah yes.

Right you are.

And I had this big rant planned about disregarding established rules of the Indiana Jones universe. You know, something involving George Lucas and childhood molestation.

Damn.

Nobody seems to like this kid.

I agree. It's almost like a fad or trend, hating LaBoeuf. I have nothing against him, but the only film I've seen him in is Holes, which he was pretty good.

That is why I asked where the person got it from because It Is A Big Time FAKE!!!!! It might look like the poster, but like one person said. It doesnt look like Harrison Ford. We will see what it looks like when the time comes.

The OST cover, while obviously fake, is the excact same picture of Ford on the poster, but reversed. It is Ford.

And the accompanying release of the Indy 4 Soundtrack cover:

2bb360.jpg

Where did you get them image from. I would like a source.

It'sh fake.

Meh....

Looks like The Last Crusade poster.

Good! At least it looks like an Indy poster, and not...College Road Trip or something.

That is why I asked where the person got it from because It Is A Big Time FAKE!!!!! It might look like the poster, but like one person said. It doesnt look like Harrison Ford. We will see what it looks like when the time comes.

I'm not sure if you are saying that the OST cover was fake or that the actual artwork is fake.

I hope its not the second, but if it is, check starwars.com and indianajones.com

Bah! Williams is so boring--all his adventure scores are fun and orchestrally rich. It sickens me!

Truer words have never been spoken.

Actually I'd say there have been much truer words spoken.

I have no problem with him. Like Mark I enjoyed his performance in Transformers.

He was the best thing about that movie, other than ILM's effects.

I have no problem with him. Like Mark I enjoyed his performance in Transformers.

It's possible. The movie had potential, but it's quite flawed. The cinematography makes me think I'm watching a commercial a lot of the time, the music takes itself far too seriously, and you would think in 2 1/2 hours they could make an attempt at character development.

Oh, and the usage of Linkin Park where you could have had a mind-numbingly awesome finale cue is uncool.

I really like Struzan's poster however the only thing that is bothering me about it is that it has hardly any energy. It's floating heads and publicity poses. Without the Indy running from the natives at the bottom the poster would be extremely flat. Now, here is another poster (I think for the comic book) that I would have preferred. The artist is Hugh Fleming.

KotCS_cover.jpg

-Erik-

Don't forget her:

megan_fox_transformers_movie_image.jpg

EDIT- I like that one Erik just put up. But Marion kinda looks like Liz Sladen.

If only Struzan were creative enough these days to make what Erik posted. :lol:

It's still not...WOW...but hey, it's at least interesting and conveys a mood, rather than being a collage of arbitrary images.

Why can't we have something like these?

raiders10yi8.jpg

thingrm3.jpg

returnjediyt8.jpg

american_tail_ver1.jpg

ethk8.jpg

So where are the places Indiana Jones travels to in this film?

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Peru

Nepal

Egypt

Temple of Doom

China

India

The Last Crusade

Not Sure Somebody Help me Here

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Unknown(I Think)

If I am wrong with some of these I apologize in advance and correct me if I am wrong with some of the settings. Thanks.

The Last Crusade

Not Sure Somebody Help me Here

Last crusade:

Utah

Portuguese coast

New York

Italy

Austria

Germany

Turkey

The canyon of the crescent moon is in an imaginary country

Thank you Luke Skywalker. Was I right about the first two and what is your guess or knowledge of the fourth installment of the film places?

Hatay actually excists and is a province of Turkey. Iskendrum is located in that region, actually.

my bad. I said turkey because iskenderum, But since we see the sultan of the republic of hatay... and the temple of the crescent moon is not petra (jordania...)

In fact i looked in the web, and the republic of hatay was a one year independent country. Guess when? 1938

Nice picking Spielberg.

its ironic that 'the terminal' uses an imaginary country for a real story, and a fiction story has always real places ROTFLMAO

i dont mind him either...

i hope he acts well in indy. If spielberg has faith in him, lets have some hope ;)

Spielberg also wanted Haley Joel Osment as Harry Potter.

I really like Struzan's poster however the only thing that is bothering me about it is that it has hardly any energy. It's floating heads and publicity poses. Without the Indy running from the natives at the bottom the poster would be extremely flat. Now, here is another poster (I think for the comic book) that I would have preferred. The artist is Hugh Fleming.

KotCS_cover.jpg

-Erik-

It's not Indy style AND a Struzan rip-off:

bladerunnerartdrewstruzan.jpg

Another clip with Continuum Fingerboard solos:

KotCS_cover.jpg

-Erik-

It's not Indy style AND a Struzan rip-off:

bladerunnerartdrewstruzan.jpg

It's still better than Struzan's.

Stuzan is to movie posters as Mike Brady was to building design in the Brady Bunch Movie.

What a instrument. The Continuum Fingerboard. I mean a MIDI keyboard or whatever. Can you change the sound on that Continuum Fingerboard? According to those solo examples posted above. Interesting texture to hear especially with the sound of the orchestra with it.

Have a look (listen) here for some more audio samples of that Continuum Fingerboard thing. There's quite a lot possible with the thing and it seems there's no telling how it might sound in Indy IV. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say that John Williams will make excellent use of it, it will not feel out-of-place and it is a really original idea of his.

I recently watched The Music of Indiana Jones featurette on the trilogy bonus DVD and I think that is the only place where the possibility of an Indy IV is actually mentioned, with John Williams stating very clearly that he really hopes Indy IV will be made and is looking very much forward to it if it is done. Obviously it IS being done and I think that John Williams' enthusiasm for tackling another Indiana Jones coupled with his two-year absence from the score composing scene is going to result in an amazing score indeed.

BTW: Do any of you know The Raven Indiana Jones messageboards? There's plenty of interesting stuff on there, including some pretty spoilerific pictures from the Indiana Jones Monopoly Game (see here - DON'T click if you don't want to be spoiled). Also there's quite some discussion going on there about what John Williams' score will be like.

BTW: Do any of you know The Raven Indiana Jones messageboards? There's plenty of interesting stuff on there, including some pretty spoilerific pictures from the Indiana Jones Monopoly Game (see here - DON'T click if you don't want to be spoiled). Also there's quite some discussion going on there about what John Williams' score will be like.

Thanks for the links Pieter.

with John Williams stating very clearly that he really hopes Indy IV will be made and is looking very much forward to it if it is done.

I can;t take those types of comments by Williams at face value anymore.What he really meant was "I'll score it if it is actually ever made and if Spielberg directs".

It just occurred to me while re-watching ROTLA on BBC3, we're going to probably be getting renditions of both the Ark Theme AND Marion's Theme.

That gets me excited - I wonder how the maestro will incorporate these - Marion't Theme especially, since it is so gorgeous.

:lol: I knew they were going to make that joke. I hope it sounds fun! :lol:

Have a look (listen) here for some more audio samples of that Continuum Fingerboard thing. There's quite a lot possible with the thing and it seems there's no telling how it might sound in Indy IV. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say that John Williams will make excellent use of it, it will not feel out-of-place and it is a really original idea of his.

I recently watched The Music of Indiana Jones featurette on the trilogy bonus DVD and I think that is the only place where the possibility of an Indy IV is actually mentioned, with John Williams stating very clearly that he really hopes Indy IV will be made and is looking very much forward to it if it is done. Obviously it IS being done and I think that John Williams' enthusiasm for tackling another Indiana Jones coupled with his two-year absence from the score composing scene is going to result in an amazing score indeed.

Yeah. You can use whatever sound you want to play on that electronic fingerboard just like with an MIDI keyboard..

Say, does anyone know if they recorded the score digitally or on analogue? I wouldn't have even thought of it as a possibility except for the fact that The Incredibles was recorded analogue.

Entertainment Weekly:But you're confident that Indiana Jones will work?

George Lucas: Yeah, well, this one, we know that for the fans it won't be the movie that they have been making in their minds for the last 19 years, so they all get bent out of shape. A lot of the critics forget that they didn't like the first three, and so they get off on this one, too — or it's not the Second Coming. And, yeah, we didn't make it bigger and better, we made it exactly the same. So if you loved the other ones, you'll love this one. But if you expect to have F-14s flying under freeways — that isn't there. It's just another period adventure movie with this wacky archaeologist. It's funny. I think it's funnier than the other ones, and it's exciting. So it's got all the stuff that all the other ones have. And Harrison's great in it.

Well... coming from the SFX sucker...sounds like good news dont they?

More here (mostly about SW TV series):click

Say, does anyone know if they recorded the score digitally or on analogue? I wouldn't have even thought of it as a possibility except for the fact that The Incredibles was recorded analogue.

I believe Incredibles was recorded analogue to give it more of an old retro sort of feel. I don't know anything about Indy 4, but it seems like the rest of the film is trying to look at least a little bit in the same style as the old ones. Maybe they will.

Colin Thomson

Entertainment Weekly:But you're confident that Indiana Jones will work?

George Lucas: ...It's funny. I think it's funnier than the other ones,

He thinks it's funnier than the other ones?

Good god, this is the man that invented Jar Jar Binks and gave General Grevious his cough :)

But the guy loves Across the Universe! He still has taste!

"EW: Are you going to do another Indiana Jones movie after this one?

Lucas: That I don't know. We do these one at a time and we do them purely for the fun of it, which means that if we've got too many other things going on — Steve [spielberg]'s got a couple more movies, he's got Chicago Seven, he's got all this stuff backed up for years — who knows? At least I'm at a point now where I can just enjoy myself and be creative and not have to worry about people getting crazy or trying to make decisions around me or anything. And I'm to a point now where if it isn't successful, it's not the end of the world. It's always a disappointment when it doesn't turn out, but sometimes you know it's not going to turn out. I've [also]] seen other people's movies that I had really high hopes for — I said, ''Oh, this is going to be great'' — and I'd see it and it is great, but it falls flat and nobody goes to see it. You know, I loved Across the Universe, it's a brilliant film. I wish I had made it — I don't think I'm talented enough to do that. But at the same time, it just [motions like it blew away] pffffff. It's too bad. That's the saddest part right there: Something that you think is really good and should work and people should enjoy it, and they don't."

If there was ever a case for putting someone prematurely into a retirement home, it would be George Lucas.

Seriously - everything the man has said in the past 10 years has been cringe-worthy and nutty!