Soundtracks you're embarrased to admit you love?

Eric_JWFAN

I am actually not the author of that post, the real creative genius did not have the moral courage to actually post it.

I would have gotten around to it. eventually.

afterall, I have to insult the maggots from time to time. :joy::)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first record, was the 45 single to Whats New PussyCat, and Im not embarrassed by it.

I would be embarrassed to say I think the 90's music was worth a damn, because its shit.

Especially Nirvana, the best thing that Coban ever did was This

I have to say I've had super-weird looks by clerks when I buy some scores... ya know like Rambo III or Home Alone... heck half of my Goldsmith collection!  8O

Most stores around here are so expensive or have such a rubbish selection, that I almost never buy a CD in a real shop. The only recent (last few years) purchases I made in a store were Gladiator, Two Towers and Back to the Future, and I didn't get a single weird look.

Look at it this way - if they have it on sale and want you to buy it, why should you get a strange look for helping them make their money?

Oh, and Steef, I know Braveheart is a great score, but bagpipes is the last thing I want blaring out of speakers around here :)

There really isn't any MUSIC that I'm embarrassed by, I blast all kinds of stuff in my car. But there are a few album covers that are absolutely never left lying around for anyone to see. A Little Princess (Doyle) and The Reivers come to mind.

Jeff

I really enjoy the music from Asterix Mission Cleopatre (I don't know the title in english). Does anybody know about the score ?

I find it excellent and for me Philippe Chany is the best french film composer.

I really enjoy the music from Asterix Mission Cleopatre (I don't know the title in english). Does anybody know about the score ?

I find it excellent and for me Philippe Chany is the best french film composer.

Actually,I love the theme from the animated feature films Asterix le Gaulois and Asterix et Cleopatre(Music by Gerard Calvi).I've only head a few cues relased on c.d.

k.M.

There really isn't any MUSIC that I'm embarrassed by, I blast all kinds of stuff in my car.  But there are a few album covers that are absolutely never left lying around for anyone to see.  A Little Princess (Doyle) and The Reivers come to mind.  

Jeff

Why The Reivers?

I love Tom Jones' "Come To Me" from one of the Panther films.

Come to me and the world will be ours tonite.....

I have the score to the film.

I love Tom Jones' "Come To Me" from one of the Panther films.

Come to me and the world will be ours tonite.....

I have the score to the film.

That's the Rykodisc release, right? I have that. I think Peter Sellers' "vocal cameo" is worth the price of the disc. Great score, too, possibly the best of the Pink Panthers. The "Inspector Clouseau Theme" is one of the catchiest cues of all time.

That song (Come To Me) is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but the score most certainly isn't. :|

- Rob, who wants A Shot in the Dark score to be released

No, not at all ...

People's sexual preferences are nobody's business than their own.

But that you feel you should mention that has to mean you're not too sure yourself ...

Whoa... I lost where this thread is going. I mean:

The song "The Shadows of Paris" (from the opening sequence) is good. too.
Not that I am gay, btw....
Not that there´s anything wrong with it.
That you feel you should mention that has to mean you're not too sure yourself ...
No there isn't.

At the moment are we talking about A Shot in the Dark, or Steef's sexual orientation? :|

There is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about in enjoying Godzilla films, especially the first film.

-Mark, who has movies, CDs, models, Toys, and puzzles of the big G and proud of it.

Yes but I'm not ashamed to have them, of course they don't get alot of listening or viewing but that's more along the lines of not being very good films or music in my opinion.

Who in their right mind would be embarrassed to own a Beatles album?  ;)

No one of course, they're the greatest musicians of the 20th century IMO. However I did say Beatle related, meaning I own all of Macca's and Harrison's solo albums, most of Lennon's and quite a few by Ringo, and well, they're not all that great, but I like most of them a lot.

When I'm in public I don't carry CDs around. The only time I listen to CDs while out is when I'm driving. And I usually prefer something louder than Heidi.

I don't carry c.d.'s either,I carry an MP3 player.But lets say you have to purchase it in a store and carry it back home with no bag,and then you meet some aquaintance who asks you what you just bought...

K.M.

There really isn't any MUSIC that I'm embarrassed by, I blast all kinds of stuff in my car.  But there are a few album covers that are absolutely never left lying around for anyone to see.  A Little Princess (Doyle) and The Reivers come to mind.  

Jeff

Why The Reivers?

It's a terrible album cover. Steve McQueen picking his teeth.

Jeff

No doubt you haven't seen the CD score cover to LAST TANGO IN PARIS then? I always wondered why Marlon had his leg crossed.

Im listening to Bond 77, and I know there are some of you embarrassed to admit you like it. Its awesome.

Disco Bond, and it works.

I'm not embarassed...but it's kinda awkward to wave these scores around to my friends (although my girlfriend thinks it's cool...so I guess it's worth it)

The Princess Diaires (John Debney) - the waltz theme is just beautiful, really struck me when I saw the film

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling! - Not awkward, just more funny because everyone either loves buffy or hates it...more hates it than loves it...oh well...totally worth the ribbing just for the amazing score suites at the end, let alone the actual musical...

I am one of those people who just can't stand Buffy. I've tried to like it, but the show's stupidity always got in the way.

I'm embarassed AND proud at the same time (go figure) that I adore the scores to the Carry On films. Eric Rogers and Bruce Montgomery both wrote incredibly saucy and intricate comic scores to these loved-or-hated movies. Wonderful music. And very VERY British!