Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

Ok, this is in total my Black Friday/Cyber Monday week orders (Blurays make me happy :) )

5 Christmas films from amazon.com

3 Criterions from B&N

Wizard of Oz and French Connection steelbook from zavvi

Rambo trilogy from amazon.de

ordered.png

Ok, this is in total my Black Friday/Cyber Monday week orders (Blurays make me happy :) )

5 Christmas films from amazon.com

3 Criterions from B&N

Wizard of Oz and French Connection steelbook from zavvi

Rambo trilogy from amazon.de

ordered.png

I have The Wizard Of Oz one, albeit with a different cover.

I have The Wizard Of Oz one, albeit with a different cover.

yes, this is the new UK edition, and it has the 3 Blurays. (3D + 2D + extras)

I was looking for one edition that had these 3, so as not to buy the big US box that had 2 more DVDs I wasn't interested in.

I wish I could buy a box set of just the original 3 Die Hard movies without being forced to buy the later ones with it.

I wish I could buy a box set of just the original 3 Die Hard movies without being forced to buy the later ones with it.

I completely agree.

Though I bought the 2 steelbooks of the 2 first movies, and I'm hoping for a similar steelbook of the 3rd one (although haven't seen it yet).

I would wish too for a boxset with the 4 Supermans without Superman Returns.. :(

It doesn't feel canon to me.

I just want the Christopher Reeve collection!

I feel like filmmusic said this awhile back and you said something along the lines of it's so cheap what's the difference?

I don't really understand what you're getting at. I do own a box set that contains Die Hard 1 through 4 - I wish 4 wasn't in it.

Yea, but I want outer artwork that doesn't even mention the fourth movie.

I feel relieved that another person too has this "thing".. :P

Because when I say that i don't want Superman Returns, they say to me "just buy the box and sell it", or "it's no difference it's just an extra disc", but really I don't want it mentioned in the box at all! (nor i want to make a custom box)

• 1 month later...

Just purchased these 2 UK releases:

119455_large.jpg119278_large.jpg

The Limited Metropolis steelbook has both the Davis and Moroder versions of the film, and one of the 4000 copies has a solid gold bar.

QvmEbZ6.jpg

The Limited Arrow Thief release includes both versions of the film (the original with the original colors, and the Criterion one with the teal. I've seen only the latter, and loved it enough to justify a purchase):

http://arrowvideodeck.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/thief-tales-of-three-edits.html

I hope I won't regret it with Metropolis.

It's a blind buy, and this will be the 2nd silent I'll be seeing (besides The Gold Rush. Maybe I have seen more Chaplin in my early childhood but I'm not sure)

I would buy The US Spielberg box set too, but darn it! The price went up $10 from yesterday!

Arrived recently

Chasing Amy
Source Code
War Horse

super cheap on Amazon

And free from Koray
Lawless
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Got the Bond 50th anniversary set on Blu for €50 on Sunday.

OMG what???? :blink:

Where did you get it?

Had a €30 which brought it down from €80.

€80 is still a good price for it though.

• 2 months later...

- Star Trek: Into Darkness (BR)

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (DVD)

- Gremlins (DVD)

- One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest (DVD)

- Sister Act I & II (DVD)

- Mr. Holland's Opus (DVD)

- Poltergeist (DVD)

This thread has been forgotten.

I bought:

75727_slip_zps4nvelvdj.jpg

Fantastic movie. Fell in love with the first time I saw it on video in '94. Quietly devastating film and terrific performances all around.

This thread has been forgotten.

I bought:

Also pre-ordered Remains of the Day (the Twilight Time one with isolated score), great film. I will buy My Girl on BD when it's available in my country and The Hindenburg Koch Media will release in June in Germany.

Remains_Of_The_Day_BR.jpg

Die-Hindenburg-1975-DE.jpg

I will buy My Girl on BD when it's available in my country

You might want to reconsider My Girl, since it suffers from black crush, as 5 more Sony latest Bluray releases:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/117524

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?disc1=5752&disc2=5753&cap1=54005&cap2=54015&art=full&image=9&hd_multiID=2344&action=1&lossless=#vergleich

Unless you don't mind details being erased in pitch black.

This is not a gamma issue, I mean if you brighten the image or raise the gamma the problem isn't solved. Detail has been erased due to black crush!

Many have sent emails to Sony, which hopefully will look into the matter and at least won't release every Bluray from now on with this serious problem/error.

(Unfortunately My Best Friend's wedding that interested me suffers from it to, and I don't think they will replace it)

more into the matter and titles affected:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=257809&highlight=crush

By the way, I'm waiting for reviews too from TT's Remains of the Day.

And I also think the UK cover is perhaps the most awful cover I have ever seen.

I really hoped and was waiting for TT to go with the original untouched poster:

81593_large.jpg

Also pre-ordered Remains of the Day (the Twilight Time one with isolated score), great film.

Sure, but mine is based on the 4K mastering!

(I haven't checked the IQ yet though)

Alex

Also pre-ordered Remains of the Day (the Twilight Time one with isolated score), great film.

Sure, but mine is based on the 4K mastering!

(I haven't checked the IQ yet though)

Alex

Sorry?

There's a 99,99% chance that both Blurays are coming from the same master.

After all it's Sony.

TT doesn't do any restoration.

It just encodes the master it takes from Sony.

Sure, but my copy has been in space and it's signed by the astronauts of the last space shuttle flight.

(I still need to check the radiation levels though)

Alex

No, I made the shrine myself. But it's too big so had to build an extension to my house.

To answer your quesiton, though: I bought the standard Blu-ray.

Karol

That's a fine cover but as with a lot of bly-rays the tacky blue casing around the edges spoils it.

I don't think production stills (which look like screenshots of a film) should be used as covers.

I was in a nostalgic mood last week, thinking back to the 70s when Saturday or Sunday morning TV included a classic sci fi film. So I ordered the Blu Rays of Fantastic Voyage, The Fly (1958), and Westworld. Looking forward to reliving those glory days over the next few weeks.

I would like Westworld and it's inferior but highly entertaining sequel Futureworld.

I don't know what Marvel has to do with it. I'm not even a Marvel fan but I also don't patronize them just because it's hip to do so. That makes me a Marvel fanatic?! Isn't that a bit simplistic thinking?

Nah, Futureworld is like most Hollywood sequels ever made: Inferior to the first movie. It's the Jaws 2, the Beneath The Planet Of The Apes, The Exorcist: The Heretic of the franchise. I take it that you agree with Joey? I'm not surprised, Trekkies like to pat each other on the back.

Have you seen it?