Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Trailer

mcdaid72000

How do you Rate The Trailer  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the trailer to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Trailer

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

Indiana Jones IV trailer! Finally!

I liked the trailer a lot. I don't think they needed to add the montage of the old films at the beginning though. And although I do like the Children of Dune score, it doesn't feel at home in an Indiana Jones trailer.

The one thing that I found most surprising is how modern and 3D the title texts looked. I hope the actual titles in the film look just as old-fashioned as in the other films, otherwise Indy 4 would stand out as a sore thumb, which would be unfortunate.

It seems the alien aspect is pretty much confirmed, judging by the crate that says "Roswell" on it. Shame; I'd have preferred no aliens. But at least they seem to have done some major improving of the story since the Saucer Men from Mars script.

Looking forward to this one!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the aliens are no longer a spoiler? :fouetaa:

The one thing that I found most surprising is how modern and 3D the title texts looked. I hope the actual titles in the film look just as old-fashioned as in the other films, otherwise Indy 4 would stand out as a sore thumb, which would be unfortunate.

Yes, it actually reminded me of the 'updating' of the Superman logo. In my opinion there was no need to change the old logo, but it looks ok, although less 'familiar'.

Aliens would fit perfectly with the 1950's time period, like Nazid fitted with the 1930's.

Exactly.the 40's and 50's is all about UFO's and governement conspiracies about aliens. Now that I see the context it's a good idea.

I am not so fond of the idea of having aliens in an Indiana Jones film, but it seems that IS the case and considering the film is set in the '50's, it does make some sense. They did do a lot of improving on the premise of the film since the Saucer Men from Mars script though and I'm very happy they did. I recall reading that George Lucas wanted to use a certain McGuffin for Indy 4, but Spielberg and Ford weren't sold on it. It seems this certain "McGuffin" was aliens and at the request of Spielberg and Ford a lot of work has been done since that Saucer Men from Mars script to improve on the usage of that McGuffin. Good thing too.

So the aliens are no longer a spoiler? ;)
The crate saying "Roswell" can be seen in the trailer. Are things seen in the trailer considered spoilers? :fouetaa:

The whole alien thing could be a red herring, in a way. Like in the course of the film they find out that Roswell was really a cover-up for some sort of terrestrial phenomenon having to do with temples and crystal skulls. I'd be surprised if actual aliens were part of the plot, but who knows.

I think some people here seem disappointed because we didn't see anything really NEW in that trailer. Any of the shown scenes might have been taken out of the previous three movies. I think people were expecting something truly SPECTACULAR, something that'll blow their minds . . .

But, again, as some other people pointed out, that's not the job of a first trailer. The job is to make people talk and to gradually make them feel more excited about it. Which it managed to do.

The whole alien thing could be a red herring, in a way. Like in the course of the film they find out that Roswell was really a cover-up for some sort of terrestrial phenomenon having to do with temples and crystal skulls. I'd be surprised if actual aliens were part of the plot, but who knows.

I fully expect a huge mothership to land at the end of the film

A+. I don't care about the poor editing of the Raiders March. I don't even care about that horrible bland music in the first half (what WAS that? I really hope it wasn't from John Williams' score. It didn't sound like him so I'm assuming not). At the end of the day I was giggling like a child throughout the entire trailer. It succeeded 100% in making me very excited. I can't WAIT!

And themes from:

Shrek

The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Lady in the Water

Blood Diamond

Pirates of the Caribbean

Stardust

The Rock

All of these scores, many of which are really good, and MANY more.

~Sturgis

I fully expect a huge mothership to land at the end of the film

It will, and Indy will get on it to explore were no archeologist has gone before. This will also be a good reason for Spielberg to change Close Encounters once again. Look for the 2010 SE which will feature a new scene with Indy leaving the Mothership, winking at Richard Dreyfuss.

I think maybe the general public just doesn't care much right now. I saw Blanchett on The Tonight Show a couple months ago, and when she mentioned she had finished filming Indy, the crowd remained silent. Idiots!

This is one of the reasons why I wasn't too keen on a 4th IJ film. Outside of this message board I don't think too many people care about a 4th film.

Have you seen the crystal skull prop?

:o

I saw the trailer yesterday, and eventhough I'm not waiting for this film, I felt somewhat disappointed. Most of it looks like animation, even on my 32" screen.

I think maybe the general public just doesn't care much right now. I saw Blanchett on The Tonight Show a couple months ago, and when she mentioned she had finished filming Indy, the crowd remained silent. Idiots!

This is one of the reasons why I wasn't too keen on a 4th IJ film. Outside of this message board I don't think too many people care about a 4th film.

Even so, its still a big action movie by Spielberg. We don't get directors of his caliber often. And we get even less directors of his caliber who make big popcorn movies.

The first three films seem to have the Nazi's in it. Give your opinions thanks.

No Nazi's in Temple of Doom. <_<

I voted A for the trailer.

I thought the Nazi's were in Temple of Doom. If not what was he battling against? And tell me where to look in the movie. I have all three on VHS. Thanks.

I thought the Nazi's were in Temple of Doom. If not what was he battling against? And tell me where to look in the movie. I have all three on VHS. Thanks.

I recomend you watch those films again. <_<

An example of the natives is the part where the guy pulls the other guy's heart out. The bald guy who pulls out the heart is the head honcho, the Belloch, of ToD.

I recomend you watch those films again. <_<

An example of the natives is the part where the guy pulls the other guy's heart out. The bald guy who pulls out the heart is the head honcho, the Belloch, of ToD.

I will. I knew that he was in India. I knew about the cult, but I thought he mentioned the Nazi's. It is in the time period frame. And they always seem to mention them in each film, but if I am wrong. I will post what I found out about ToD. Can you give me credit for at least knowing it is in the same time period as the Nazi's?

:joke:

I recomend you watch those films again. :lol:

I will. I knew that he was in India. I knew about the cult, but I thought he mentioned the Nazi's. It is in the time period frame. And they always seem to mention them in each film, but if I am wrong. I will post what I found out about ToD. Can you give me credit for at least knowing it is in the same time period as the Nazi's?

:) Yes, I think I can.

:P

I recomend you watch those films again. :angry:

:blink: Yes, I think I can.

Well I watched the movie again and found out this about ToD. Indiana Jones is fighting Mola Ram and his Thuggee Cult. Mola Ram and his Cult are worshipping Kali which Indy says no one has seen the ceremony over one hundred years. He is trying to rescue the Shankara Stones and the children. Hey even the name of the club Obi-Wan was taken from Star Wars. Wonder if there is a real club in Shanghai called Obi-Wan. That would be cool. So I greatfully apologize to you Indy4. You were right and I was wrong. I will keep on watching these movies until the 4th installment of the film come out in theaters. Bye.

The sign-number of the plane where indy and his father escape in Last crusade is 'Something 3-PO'

And in raiders there is a Hieroglyph with R2 and C-3PO.

The plane Indy flies from Peru has OB-CPO on it.