Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Trailer

mcdaid72000

How do you Rate The Trailer  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the trailer to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Trailer

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

I was wondering if anybody watched GMA yesterday because they showed a sneak preview of the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer. How do you rate it and why do you rate it that way? Ill rate it an A+ because it looked awesome to me. Seeing Harrison Ford back in action, but its been 19 years maybe that is why they choose the Cold War period. It is set in 1957 they said on GMA and he is fighting the Russians this time instead of the Nazi's. The first three films seem to have the Nazi's in it. Give your opinions thanks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a B. It was entertaining, but not really unique at all. I'm sort of wondering what Spielberg rejected the first time around...

Probably they needed more time to do the whole "gun CGI hiding" thing

You do realize that this is all being discussed in the IJ thread?

We also have two threads on Michael Giacchino :o

actually we have 3

You do realize that this is all being discussed in the IJ thread?

We also have two threads on Michael Giacchino :o

actually we have 3

even worse :)

I gave it an A.

It would have been better with JW music, but that's not really a huge deal. And it would have been better without the editing, but that's not Spielberg's fault.

It's a good trailer because it has everybody talking about the film.

So it's achieved it's function.

Indeed.

Not too spectacular per se, except it's Indiana Jones. Which is enough to get an A- from me. The feel of the Dune music has grown on me but I can't help but think you could get the same epic feel with a properly edited/timed Indy cue. Hopefully the theatrical trailer will feature original music.

Also, the whip crack at the appearance of the logo is neat.

B+

Not perfect or overwhelming, but it still did a good job. It did exactly what the first trailer is designed to do, get people talking. Also, the film itself looks like it's turning out well, even if the new trailer is the only thing we've seen from it.

B-, for reasons cited in the Indy IV thread. Poor editing, poor application of music (and not just Tyler's music).

Ted

B+ poor selection of music, overuse of scenes from past movies (why isn't the new movie good enough to solely rely on?)

Still it has some good stunts, a pretty cool villian, black haired chick.

I loved the music up until about the point the American flag showed up (the best part of the trailer!) Then we got this lame, dated-sounding fanfare that sounds like some cheesy outtake from Barney and Friends! Terrible!

A+ for the American flag.

F for the rest of the trailer.

overuse of scenes from past movies (why isn't the new movie good enough to solely rely on?)

Now, now, let's not make any undue assumptions. :D

I did not think this was a very good trailer. The film looks awesome, but as a trailer, I thought this could have been much better. Lame, trite trailer music (Dune, you say? May be great, but not for Indy). And the editing of the Raiders March was painful too.

Still, I love the footage. The humor is great. Can't wait!

A+

I've seen it like twenty times, and every time it gets better and better.

My favorite part is when you see Indy's shadow putting on his hat...I almost got chills watching it for the first time. And the "Damn, I thought that was closer!" was hilarious.

Yep. I'm very excited for this one.

About the trailer: I love at the very end, they have that computerized version of Indy standing inside a giant four, and the camera zooms back revealing the four to be part of the A in Indiana.

B

There's nothing in it that makes me any less excited than I already was to see the movie . . . but neither is there anything in it that makes me more excited.

I manage a movie theatre (or at least the projection booth of it), and consequently saw the trailer on Tuesday night while putting together the week's batch of new movies. I put it on both The Spiderwick Chronicles and Step Up 2 the Streets, and I liked the trailer more the second time than I did the first, if only because I caught a few things I had not noticed the first time around (somehow, I missed seeing Cate Blanchett the first time!). I could complain about how badly chopped up the Raiders March was, but it seems pointless to do so. After all, it's just a teaser trailer, the point of which is merely to say, "Hey, world, we made another Indiana Jones movie! You look!"

One way or another, I'm there on May 22nd. I just hope (A) that it's worth it and (B) that America still cares.

Well, Ford still seems to look more the part than Stallone for Rocky and Rambo .I have hopes the new Indy can be integrated seamelessly as part of the series with the other 3 ,not just "well,there's the OT and that one " .

I voted it A-. It accomplished what it set out to do, which has already been stated here and on the other Indy IV thread. I was a bit disappointed with the pacing...it seemed so off for me, especially coming from a Spielberg production. I know this is a different type of movie (and a theatrical trailer), but the trailer for "Munich" was beautiful in my opinion. It seemed like someone spent an awful lot of time on it...on its pacing and the scenes shown. And now, for Indy IV, it seems like the teaser was put together in 2 weeks. Having said all that, I loved seeing Cate Blanchett, I loved the "Damn, I thought that was closer" line, and seeing Harrison Ford as Indy again! I'll be there on opening night!

The only thing I didn't like about the trailer was the fade out in the scene with the "Not as easy as it used to be..." The shot starts to go black while Ford is still talking.

But I still stand by my A+, as that is such a minor issue.

I don't worry about how the trailers are put together when it comes to seeing a film

I'm going to see this one regardless of whether or not the trailers are a big steaming pile of dog poo.

I don't worry about how the trailers are put together when it comes to seeing a film

I'm going to see this one regardless of whether or not the trailers are a big steaming pile of dog poo.

Overall, I agree. But as this is all we have for now, we might as well discuss it.

I thought using the mega new updated trailer music sound for it was to throw off todays kids to make them think it would be something different. Of course anybody here wouldknow the shots, but it seemed like it wa there to contrast the theme and make it seem like it was going to be National Treasure or something. BTW that music sucks ass.

As for the trailer, it lowered my worries about Shia Lawhatsisname and was pretty amazing. Lighting in one shot seemed rather cheesy, (when Indy lands in the truck) and I ws surprised the chase scenes didn't look more "real" but otherwise very exciting. While I will probably love the movie beyond words, I gave the trailer a B-.

Of course anybody here wouldknow the shots, but it seemed like it wa there to contrast the theme and make it seem like it was going to be National Treasure or something. BTW that music sucks ass.

Though I am a big fan of the Children of Dune score, I will have to say, juxtaposing that against the Indy theme did reveal the...lesser quality of Dune.

Not only that, but it added to the crappage of the trailer by making this really jarring shift from modern to epic ye olde adventure.

SW trailers always got something and I always placed Indy right behind SW, so I was a little surprised. But its not like the theater was full or anything, and it was just Jumper.

trent- who has high hopes for Indy IV

I think maybe the general public just doesn't care much right now. I saw Blanchett on The Tonight Show a couple months ago, and when she mentioned she had finished filming Indy, the crowd remained silent. Idiots!