What will you be more excited about?

Josh500

What will you be more excited about?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• Sitting down in the theater, waiting for The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to start! Finally another installment of Indiana Jones! Hooray!
    • Getting your hands on The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Original Soundtrack Album, the first JW score in 3 years! Finally another Indiana Jones score! Hooray!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a toughie, but I'll be greedy and take the whole package, not just Williams' score. I'm actually planning to hear all the new themes, and fresh renditions of old ones, for the very first time when I walk into that theatre. Not only will listening to the soundtrack in advance sort of spoil the experience of seeing the film, but will give me pre-conceived notions about what to expect. I might listen to an excerpt of the skull theme (I'm expecting deep choral chanting and high strings), but that's about it.

But I'll be perfectly content just reading reviews and, no doubt, reading nothing but "Williams' best score in a decade", and "resurrects the spirit of the Indiana Jones scores to a tee". That'll be all I need to know.

I'm actually planning to hear all the new themes, and fresh renditions of all ones, for the very first time when I walk into that theatre. Not only will listening to the soundtrack in advance sort of spoil the experience of seeing the film, but will give me pre-conceived notions about what to expect.

That's what I'd plan too, actually, but I know I can't control myself. As soon as the OS album is released, I HAVE to get and listen to it, whether the movie's out or not. ;)

It's more like 2 and a half years since the last JW score (December 2005 to May 2008), but still far too long. No question, I've been pretty skeptical of this production since day one. Overall, I'm rather indifferent to it so I'm definitely more looking forward to a new JW score.

No question, I've been pretty skeptical of this production since day one. Overall, I'm rather indifferent to it so I'm definitely more looking forward to a new JW score.

Sometimes I wonder . . . would ANY of us be that excited if this new Indy wouldn't boast a JW score?

I know I wouldn't, although as a loyal Spielberg fan, I'd go watch it in the theater nonetheless. And probably more than once, at that.

I'd go watch it in the theater nonetheless.

I'm definitely seeing it in the theater and on opening night. Seeing it with an ethusiastic crowd can only make it better, plus regardless of how good or bad the film is it'll be great to hear the Raiders March in a full theater with a cheering audience.

It was hard, but I decided Option 1. With the film, you get both the music and the images. And it's Indiana Jones we're talking about. I'm probably going to the midnight showing, I can't wait!!!!

To save time, maybe we should start a petition to get a complete KotCS score now.

I'm excited for the film. I'm actually going to reserve buying the soundtrack until after I see it this time.

I don't think I can be that strong, especially if the CD comes out a week or two before the movie.

It's a tough decision, but I'm looking forward to actually seeing the film more. Partly because it is the first Indy in a long time and all of that, and to hear John's music as it is in the film.

I'm excited for the film. I'm actually going to reserve buying the soundtrack until after I see it this time.

I don't think I can be that strong, especially if the CD comes out a week or two before the movie.

It would mean avoinding this forum for 2 weeks.

It would mean avoinding this forum for 2 weeks.

Why avoiding this forum? Even while you refrain from listening to the score, you can still listen to other people talk about it!

Indiana Jones is fine, I suppose. But John Williams is simply the best. No debate here.

Gotta have the music. Then I'll read reviews and see if watching the movie will add or detract from the score.

Colin Thomson

If it was only me, I would choose option #2, but the added fun of seeing the film in the theater with my wife & daughter who care about the film and not so much the music pushes me to #1.

Maybe we shouldn't.

Me too. I don't want to be recognising music whilst I'm watching the movie, as that will detract from the ride far too much. And in an Indy movie that would be just plain wrong.

I'm a film fan first and foremost. My love of film music is a by-product of that.

This was a tough one for me -I voted for holding the new Williams' score for the first time. While I cannot wait (CANNOT WAIT!) for the new film, I am more eager to hear the soundtrack.

The theatrical experience. Few things are as exciting as watching the curtains go up and lights go down in anticipation of motion-picture experience.

To save time, maybe we should start a petition to get a complete KotCS score now.

Good idea, I think. Maybe for once they could release the complete score immediately instead of having the fans to buy more and more extended releases over the years :lol: