The Custom Covers Thread

I think it's just built into photoshop now. But there are also many free online tools, I used some for my custom Spiderman cover (which works in thumbnail format but really shows if you look at the buildings)

GaWba0r.png

19 minutes ago, Indianagirl said:

What AI program did you use to generate that? 

AI didn't generate the cover, I designed it using Photoshop.

I only used Photoshop's integrated AI feature to extend the top of Pitt's head, and the bottom half of the Dalai Lama's gown.

Designers aren't out of work yet. As @heidl said, AI is just another tool in a designer's toolkit that can be useful when working with less-than-ideal source material. Fan art is at the mercy of whatever's available online – we don't have access to high-resolution studio elements like the labels do.

5 hours ago, 12-Mile Reef said:

Anyone interested in making individual covers for the new John Barry recordings from Quartet?

😉
 Posted at JBAPPRECIATION.SOCIETY Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JohnBarryAppreciationSociety/permalink/10160168304315770/

Screenshot_2023-12-08-18-12-28.png

Screenshot_2023-12-08-18-26-49.png

Godzilla Monsterverse Set (to match Waxwork Records' release of Godzilla: King of the Monsters). All of these use the artwork of Christopher Shy, a wonderful artist. 

I believe I've posted the first three before, but I wanted to show off the fourth cover for "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire."

Spoiler

Godzilla A2 - Godzilla.jpg

Spoiler

Godzilla A3 - Godzilla_ King of the Monsters.jpg

Spoiler

Godzilla A4 - Godzilla vs. Kong.jpg

Godzilla A5 - Godzilla X Kong_ The New Empire.png

3 hours ago, owjow77 said:

This is a custom Raiders cover I made inspired by the Ultimate Edition of Hook. The rest of the films will follow.

Raiders-01.png

If I may say, the "Africa" on the barely noticeable map in the background looks like a watermark or a mistake.

On 08/01/2024 at 3:17 PM, owjow77 said:

This is a custom Raiders cover I made inspired by the Ultimate Edition of Hook. The rest of the films will follow.

Raiders-01.png

This looks really cool! But as @Steffromuk suggested, maybe the map could be repositioned so you can see the location in the background? Would be cool if that map reflected the major location Indy visits in the film.

Are you planning to do covers for all 5 films in the same style? The map could change each time (India, Peru, Sicily, etc).

11 hours ago, crumbs said:

This looks really cool! But as @Steffromuk suggested, maybe the map could be repositioned so you can see the location in the background? Would be cool if that map reflected the major location Indy visits in the film.

Are you planning to do covers for all 5 films in the same style? The map could change each time (India, Peru, Sicily, etc).

Thanks! I will reposition it and see how it looks. I am doing covers for all 5 movies and my plan is to change the map for each. Glad you like it!

On 11/01/2024 at 4:35 AM, owjow77 said:

Thanks! I will reposition it and see how it looks. I am doing covers for all 5 movies and my plan is to change the map for each. Glad you like it!

Can't wait to see them all! The Indy films are such an embarrassment of riches when it comes to key artwork.

When are you going to start doing more custom artwork @Holko?

Big fan of your Sleepy Hollow cover, certainly moreso than the official artwork.

Nah, all I did was extend the alt cover a bit to the sides to cover the larger size (jewel case back) to replace the main cover. Oh and fixed the colour balance a bit.